It is currently Sat Sep 21, 2024 3:36 pm

Post subject: Re: [D9, LA] Commiserating Cousins (closed)
PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2020 6:26 am 

She was silent for a moment. Maybe I should have...

The question made her giggle a little, though, lightening the mood. "He had twins. They were actually the ones the miai was supposed to be for."

Last edited by Yogo Sukima on Thu Apr 23, 2020 6:55 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2020 6:35 am 

Horonigai's jaw drops and she turns her head to look up at Sukima. then a hand goes over her mouth. "Nani?"

She blinks a bit and shakes her head. There was a tiny hidden smirk behind her fingers. "Oneesaaaaan!"

Another moment to calm down their hearts, and Horonigai turns her head back to the previous place. "How come he didn't want to have a child with you by now?"

Gear: daisho, another classy fan, another extravagant furisode (or plain kimono and hakama), silk umbrella, jade obi dome (pendant), golden kushi kanzashi (head comb).
Duty/Outside: Armor Up!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2020 6:59 am 

Sukima laughed at her reaction, grinning down at her. It eased into a normal smile, then. "I have two children with him... I thought I'd mentioned it at some point. My deepest apologies. Suzuran and Yoshika. They're four and five now."

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2020 7:06 am 

Horonigai shakes her head again, "Gomen, neh. Neesan. I should have known better. Girl and... boy?"

Gear: daisho, another classy fan, another extravagant furisode (or plain kimono and hakama), silk umbrella, jade obi dome (pendant), golden kushi kanzashi (head comb).

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2020 7:14 am 

"Two girls," she said, smiling warmly. "They're a true joy in my life. I'd love to have more, but I'm not sure how soon Katsuro, my husband, is heading for retirement."

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2020 3:26 pm 

Her eyes widen in surprise, while she imagines two little red-haired bright-eyed daredevils running around a dark and gloomy palace and giving life to it with their playful chats. "Well, then. He might be a Governor, but you're the mother. I don't think he can deny duty to his spouse by retiring too soon. Can he?"

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2020 3:48 pm 

"Hmm... True. Or at least it's a good point against going too soon," she laughed. "Especially since our daughters are studying with other Clans. We really ought to give the Family a wardmaster."

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2020 4:01 pm 

"Sokka." She raises slowly, looking down a bit. "They're studying far form home, so young. I guess it is a good thing. I went to the Guest Home Dojo at six, too."

She shrugs. "Oniisama, as Hidden Guard, visited every other day, as you know. When Kato-dono didn't need him."

The girl bites her lower lip. "Where are they studying –– do you visit often?"

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2020 4:10 pm 

"Pardon my phrasing - the agreements are made, but they haven't left yet. Suzuran is leaving for the Phoenix in the coming year," she said. "She has quite a strong ability with the Void, we thought they would let her do the best with it."

"Yoshika will be training with the Akodo in a couple of years. She's both very physical and intelligent. I thought it would suit her well. Though she will be marrying a Phoenix. It's quite the combination."

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2020 6:17 pm 

"That is quite the privilege. The Akodo are excellent sensei. I can attest." She looks up to Sukima again and shrugs. "I know almost nothing about the holy shugenja, though. I trust the Phoenix are the proper ones to make her excel."

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2020 6:23 pm 

She brushed fingers through her hair again. "What do you plan to do now? I know some of your plans I remember hinged on your marriage."

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2020 6:34 pm 

"Anno..." She inhales and presses her lips. "I... don't know."

"I still have to deliver a letter to the Imperial Nakodo. That could have not escaped the city, or –– which I pray for –– escaped to Phoenix territory." Horonigai tilts her head gently as her hair is brushed again. "Besides that... at some point, I'll have to return to Otosan and Okasan to, well, tell them of this announcement."

Darker thoughts cross her mind, but she doesn't mention everything, just the expected part, "If I'm needed in battle, I'll serve."

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2020 6:49 pm 

Sukima nodded thoughtfully, quiet for a moment.

"It might be hard to think about now, but it could be a new phase in your life is starting. Do your duty, but be judicious, ne?"

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2020 8:47 pm 

Horonigai can't really nod to that now. She would, in the future. The Seppun provides a faint smile. "It is hard. I'll do my best, Neesan."

"What would you do?" She asks, after a moment.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2020 11:19 pm 

"... I would probably initially want to get back at him. You're worth more than getting thrown aside like a cheap doll when he has no further use for you," she said, clearly actually incensed by the whole thing. "If it were me, I'd want to make sure he rued the day he thought he could treat me as less than an irreplaceable treasure. Traitors should receive no quarter. In the Empire or in one's life." Her expression was hard and serious, thoughtful... It was suddenly very easy to see similarities between Sukima and their ancestor whose armies came down on them.

She took a deep breath in and let it out. She glanced down with a slightly embarrassed smile. "But then, given some of my other actions, it's probably not a surprise that I would think that way."

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2020 11:35 pm 

The pretty Seppun smirks deviously. "Perhaps it is in our blood, cousin. My deepest thoughts tell me exactly the same: take back what's mine!"

It lasts some moments, and then, it fades.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2020 12:16 am 

She smiles. "That's my girl."

"Regardless, even if it doesn't turn out perfectly, we can do our best to make sure it turns out okay. I don't want my cousin unhappy."

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2020 1:45 am 

She nods, and falls into Sukima's lap again, taking a hand along side her cheeck. "I rather call you Neesan."

Horonigai inhales deeply and says, "I can't promise I won't be unhappy. But I'll do my best to make it right. I guess."

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2020 1:55 am 

She reached down and stroked Horonigai's cheek. "You have every right to be unhappy right now, Horo-chan. I know how it feels to lose something that important to you," she assured. "No matter what happens, I can be Neesan to you."

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2020 1:58 am 

Yogo Sukima wrote:
"No matter what happens, I can be Neesan to you."

Horonigai will never forget the treasure she receive today.

Her heart fills with joy and her cheeks blush back to a lively color. "Neesan..."

The Seppun maiden giggles.

/Scene?