It is currently Sat Sep 21, 2024 2:15 pm

Post subject: Re: [Day 9 - EM] Regulate
PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2020 8:53 pm 

Masahiko's work with the Spirit Realms was rather new, but he had a dilettante's zeal and a hyperactive giant's energy.

It was not super effective. Fluff Roll=18

Owns: Kyuzo

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2020 11:15 pm 

"Is Kakita-sama familiar with the Spirit Realms?" the Togashi inquired curiously as they worked.

“At times, the voice of peace must ring like Thunder.”

Has: Sacred Daisho, Light Armor (battle), necklace of prayer beads (jade), figurine of Jizo, parchment and charcoal, white cowl. Lion tattoo on left arm, Dragon tattoo on left thigh.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2020 11:18 pm 

"Well...a little. I have been reading up on them since word reached us of the troubles at Morikage Toshi. It seemed prudent."

He smiled. "An ono can count for a lot, but I know that there are things in the world that need more. And knowledge itself is power."

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2020 11:58 pm 

"Ono?" she blinked for a moment in surprise. "All the Kakita I have met have preferred the sword, but branching out is certainly wise."

Has: Sacred Daisho, Light Armor (battle), necklace of prayer beads (jade), figurine of Jizo, parchment and charcoal, white cowl. Lion tattoo on left arm, Dragon tattoo on left thigh.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2020 12:25 am 

"Yes. My brothers are all swordsmen, but I was trained with the heavier weapons. Well, not that I really need a weapon to do what I need to in battle, but an ono usually makes the job quicker."

He smiled. "The sensei played to my strengths."

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2020 1:36 am 

The Asako hero listened and then said, “You will be tested soon enough, I doubt the Steel Chrysanthemum or General Kassenko will be idle in the days to come. Kassenko is a ruthless leader, and if she has taken the mantle of Champion then we are in for a fierce fight.”

“She is a true champion of Toshigoku, even without having died and returning from that deadly realm.”

Status: 4.0 | Glory: 10.0 | Infamy: .4 | Honor: Untrustworthy
Carried: Wakizashi, Black Fancy Clothing, Chop, Writ of the Asako Inquisitors, Maho Warding Amulet, Jade Amulet, Trash Queen (Tabby Cat)

TN 0 to be Recognized.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2020 1:42 am 

"Interesting. The Lion sing her praises, or have done in town since the events in the Shinomen. That's pretty much the dominant perspective. I am curious to hear another more fully."

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2020 1:43 am 

"She leads the forces arrayed against us, they may sing her praises all they wish but she will still kill every last one of us," he responded.

"Unless the city surrenders, I suppose."

Carried: Wakizashi, Black Fancy Clothing, Chop, Writ of the Asako Inquisitors, Maho Warding Amulet, Jade Amulet, Trash Queen (Tabby Cat)

TN 0 to be Recognized.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2020 1:51 am 

Masahiko raised an eyebrow. "Pretty fatalistic, Asako-sama. Are you going to be telling Ikoma-sama to give up the ghost?"

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2020 1:53 am 

Tsukimi pressed her lips into a thin line for a moment as she listened to the two. "I don't think this army is the kind to let those who surrender live... they killed everyone in the port of Toshi no Omoidoso, after all."

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2020 2:23 am 

Masahiko frowned. "That's...concerning. Although a bit closer to what I expected from the accounts of the sodan-senzo."

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2020 2:43 am 

Kakita Masahiko wrote:
Masahiko raised an eyebrow. "Pretty fatalistic, Asako-sama. Are you going to be telling Ikoma-sama to give up the ghost?"

Kashiwagi turned his eyes back to his work and gave his best smug smile and then responded, “You misunderstand, Kakita-san, I would never advise surrender. Not while I draw breath and have the means and intellect to resist. I am only giving you the exact information you requested, she is ruthless, and will not balk at putting us all to sword out of sheer efficiency.”

TN 0 to be Recognized.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2020 2:52 am 

Tsukimi tapped her chin for a moment, not noticing the white cowl slipping down slightly to show more of her marked skin.

"Would you consider it possible that she might not put everyone to the blade, because the tales of the survivors might spread fear of their army?"

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2020 2:53 am 

"I am not sure she cares about such things, I know in the war against the naga we had to put down our wounded as to not slow progress," he responded casually.

TN 0 to be Recognized.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2020 2:57 am 

The back and forth went too fast for Ayanojo to write up meaningful messages. He did manage one question.

Quote:
Shireikan Matsu Kassenko has gone over to the enemy?

Status 1.0 * Glory 2.0 * Honour: As Expected
Carries: Wakizashi, fan, scroll satchel, wax tablet & stylus, paper, often kites.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2020 2:59 am 

The Kashiwagi nodded a yes to the mute Asako.

TN 0 to be Recognized.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2020 4:00 am 

Masahiko whistled lowly at the description of medical facilities in the Naga War.

That's one dangerous lady.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2020 4:09 am 

"Those with pure purpose have the strength to never fail," she said reverently, sensing the dire feelings in the room, then returned to her notes.