It is currently Sat Sep 21, 2024 11:12 am

Post subject: Re: Snowy Stroll [D2, EM] (Open)
PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2020 1:06 am 

"And I am most honored that you would have me join in contemplation, Isawa-san." He took off his small pack from his back and produced from it a small rolled-up tatami mat that he carefully unfurled along the wooden flooring of the gazebo, towards the middle and near the Phoenix so as to avoid the snow outside, some of which still gently fell along the gazebo's edge when there was a light breeze. Once his spot was set up, he placed himself upon the mat and also sat seiza-style, though he ensured his cloak was still wrapped closely around him before he stopped his shifting about.

"It seems you have much experience in the meditative arts, Isawa-san, as you are brave to face the cold of the morning to do this. In the elements such as this one, how do you find your center and maintain focus upon it?"

Carries: Fan, personal seal, wakizashi, chopsticks, water bottle, kiseru, small knife, sake cup
Sometimes featuring now: Mamoru the Frazzled Peafowl!
Language Colors: MerenaeThrane
Profile!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2020 9:23 pm 

"It is part of the training, Kasuga san." He closed his eyes. "Part of not allowing the environment to shut off your meditative state." The Isawa explained. "In my travels I have learn to deal with most uncomfortable states."

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2020 1:08 am 

The Tortoise shifted in his seat, trying to get more comfortable on his mat. "Isawa-san is well-traveled, then? And what would one say is the most uncomfortable of states upon which they have had to endure to reach the Void?" he asked before he folded his gloved hands in front of him and closed his eyes as well.

Carries: Fan, personal seal, wakizashi, chopsticks, water bottle, kiseru, small knife, sake cup
Profile!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2020 5:04 pm 

"I can remember being near the Wrath of the Kami, a Togashi friend of my uncle tried to teach me a way to teach me how to meditate near lava bare footed and standing on one leg." He moved his hand together and held his index finger as he concentrated. "It is quite the experience, that I hope I won't do again. Then, there was the beautiful gardens in Kyuden Doji, the smells and sounds so exquisite that one could lose oneself for hours."

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2020 10:12 pm 

At these descriptions, especially regarding the active volcano, the Tortoise could not help but open an eye to look at him. "Ha... I think I would much, much prefer the latter to the former, Isawa-san, though that indeed must have been quite the experience," he said before closing his eye again.

"I can imagine the Doji Gardens in the middle of the blooms of the spring season posing challenge in quite a very different manner. The harsh elements are readily apparent when I think of distractions, and when one closes their eyes the beauty and the ugly of this world both pass away, but the smells of so many flowers, and the sounds I imagine of the many Crane and their visitors wanting to revel in such beautifully and artistically crafted and tended flowering bushes and bonsai trees and trickling streams... one wonders if such a beautiful spot at first glance proves to be more distracting to finding one's focus than if one were to find spot in a simple field," he considered aloud.

Profile!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2020 10:24 pm 

"That is the challenge Kasuga san. Finding inner peace surrounded by beauty and luxury." He took a deep breath. "On the other hand we have to be aware of the surrounding area not to fall and get burned."

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2020 10:58 pm 

Asakuro nodded his head along to the Phoenix's words. Luxury and opulence was something he had quite a bit of now, and the challenge of finding inner peace in those circumstances was but all too real. Though he wandered down many paths in the Path of No Path, the path to inner peace had been an elusive one, and there was still much for him to learn on that journey.

"Or frozen in our case, Isawa-san," he responded with a light chuckle. "I am ready." And on those words he inhaled deeply, exhaled a long breath from the mouth, well visible in the cold, and became quiet for once. The snow continued to fall downward outside of the gazebo, while inside of it the Tortoise sought to fall inward into himself.

Profile!

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2020 1:05 am 

Inugami found his center and relaxed his hands now on his lap.

[/scene]

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2020 1:06 am 

/scene!

Profile!