It is currently Sat Sep 21, 2024 12:05 pm

Post subject: Re: [D9, LE] Catching Up, Bath ed. (expecting)
PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2020 1:57 am 

Yukarin's eyebrows went up a little bit, "Most people here get to see a tumultuous romance play out? I assumed such things were usually hidden and that's why pillow books were so popular. ...the Empire is truly a more wonderous place than I could have thought."

Honor: Expected | Glory: 1.0 | Infamy 0.1 | Status: 1.0
carries: wakizashi, dice & cup, heirloom jewelry, pearl & jade necklace, tiny Daikoku statue, coin purse, hand fan, silk umbrella, bottle of Golden Carp, sake cups, personal seal

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2020 7:05 am 

'' Well, i'm not a mainlander, so we do have some certain differences with them.'' Nagiko said. '' But we also share some certain traits. One of them is that romance, as blessed by Benten-no-kami, can be powerful but also tragic.'' She adds.

'' Usually is tragic, since, romance can get in the way of your duty to your lords.'' She explains to Yukarin.'' Also romance is not tied to marriage, which is part of your duties. If the marriage developt into romance, then it is a bonus to the work of the nakodo, but it is not expected.''

'' That is why there's so many pillowbooks, Yasuki-san. Delving into the tragedy of romantic love.''

Carries: Daisho, Extravagant Clothes, Light-Armor (when appropiate), Fan, Mantis' silk and spices
Profile|Theme 2!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2020 8:29 am 

"I definitely know romance and marriage don't always go hand in hand. Both because of the relationship my own parents have, and the number of matches made at the miai that were anything but romantic. Though, I usually read books for escapism, you're certainly right that many of them end tragically too..."

She thought a moment then leaned in again, "Are you saying that the invitation was part of some tragic doomed romance or something?"

carries: wakizashi, dice & cup, heirloom jewelry, pearl & jade necklace, tiny Daikoku statue, coin purse, hand fan, silk umbrella, bottle of Golden Carp, sake cups, personal seal

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2020 9:11 am 

Nagiko giggles behind her towel. '' No, no. It was just an invitation. There's much more protocol when it comes to how mainlanders start a courtship. This one was too direct which i think it has nothing to do with anything closer to a romance''

'' Unless you are well, a Crab, or rather not a Yasuki Crab. Our cousins of the Hida, Hiruma and Kuni families are much more direct when it comes to courtship.'' She said with a smile.

Carries: Daisho, Extravagant Clothes, Light-Armor (when appropiate), Fan, Mantis' silk and spices
Profile|Theme 2!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2020 2:22 pm 

Asako Kashiwagi wrote:
“Whispers of ancestors speaking to the Lion and others in their lineage, a army of monsters on the march, and an uncertain future for the Empire; it is a rather dramatic time if I had my wife’s dramatic flair I could weave quite the torrid tale,” he replied.

“For now I just stay ready.”

Ryuji had a thought when Kashiwagi mentioned his wife.

So it is true after all...

"Forgive me Asako-sama, you mentioned your wife. I have heard that a Miya married a Phoenix hero... That particular Miya wouldn't happen to be Chidori-sama, would it?"

Honor: Untrustworthy • Glory: 2.0 • Status: 3.5

Theme

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2020 3:16 pm 

“Yes, that would be the same woman, we were acquainted during my time at Ryoko Owari where I saved the city from a rather dangerous and corrupt magistrate. She is rather famous,” he responded.

Status: 4.0 | Glory: 10.0 | Infamy: .4 | Honor: Untrustworthy
Carried: Wakizashi, Black Fancy Clothing, Chop, Writ of the Asako Inquisitors, Maho Warding Amulet, Jade Amulet, Trash Queen (Tabby Cat)

TN 0 to be Recognized.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2020 5:40 pm 

Nagiko wrote:
Nagiko giggles behind her towel. '' No, no. It was just an invitation. There's much more protocol when it comes to how mainlanders start a courtship. This one was too direct which i think it has nothing to do with anything closer to a romance''

'' Unless you are well, a Crab, or rather not a Yasuki Crab. Our cousins of the Hida, Hiruma and Kuni families are much more direct when it comes to courtship.'' She said with a smile.

"I see, I see..." Yukarin took mental notes as she was filled in on all this, "Things are different on the islands as well then? You said protocol was different for mainlanders, after all."

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2020 6:34 pm 

Asako Kashiwagi wrote:
“Yes, that would be the same woman, we were acquainted during my time at Ryoko Owari where I saved the city from a rather dangerous and corrupt magistrate. She is rather famous,” he responded.

"Yes... I am familiar with her father who is a governor in Otosan Uchi and I understand she's quite an author."

Theme

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2020 7:05 pm 

Yasuki Yukarin wrote:
"I see, I see..." Yukarin took mental notes as she was filled in on all this, "Things are different on the islands as well then? You said protocol was different for mainlanders, after all."

'' Sort of '' She replied. '' The thing is, our ancestors did carry on with many of our Crab cousins cultural norms, which adding on the fact that most of my people have to live and die in the rather small cabins and decks of a kobune, there's little space for, privacy, or protocols.'' Nagiko explained.

'' Also that we are a small clan, in comparison to the Great ones, it is also a factor. We need people, so there's less urge for traditions and protocols, i would guess.''

Profile|Theme 2!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2020 7:28 pm 

"Ahhh... Well, if the letter ended up being nothing too special, I will not bother you any more about it. There was something else I wanted to ask you about though."

Even for this she kept her voice down and her fan up, so it must be something else the Yasuki thought private.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2020 8:09 pm 

'' Sure, Yasuki-san.'' She offered a smile as she relaxed on the waters of the onsen. '' What else i can help you with?''

Profile|Theme 2!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2020 8:10 pm 

Otomo Ryuji wrote:
"Yes... I am familiar with her father who is a governor in Otosan Uchi and I understand she's quite an author."

"Another fan of her library of work?" he asked.

Carried: Wakizashi, Black Fancy Clothing, Chop, Writ of the Asako Inquisitors, Maho Warding Amulet, Jade Amulet, Trash Queen (Tabby Cat)

TN 0 to be Recognized.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2020 8:25 pm 

Nagiko wrote:
'' Sure, Yasuki-san.'' She offered a smile as she relaxed on the waters of the onsen. '' What else i can help you with?''

"Well, you were talking about Seppun Kato-dono earlier today in court, in relation to this whole succession mess. You noted he wasn't getting involved in the conflict regarding such things, out of memory of his brother. Are you sure he would even be willing to take over in such a case? I know relatively little about the man in contrast to the Empress and the Steel Chrysanthemum."

She did seem genuinely curious.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2020 9:24 pm 

Asako Kashiwagi wrote:
Otomo Ryuji wrote:

"Another fan of her library of work?" he asked.

Ryuji dipped under for a quick rinse then popped back up and cleared his eyes.

"Her work is certainly unique. I once knew a young man who was more of a what you would call a fan... still, it is interesting work."

Theme

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2020 9:30 pm 

"I know at least one die hard fan right here, Nagiko-san," he said gesturing to the whispering woman.

TN 0 to be Recognized.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2020 11:00 pm 

Asako Kashiwagi wrote:
"I know at least one die hard fan right here, Nagiko-san," he said gesturing to the whispering woman.

A lovely looking woman admiring that smut...pity.

"Oh...I was not aware at all that you were fond of such works, Nagiko-san."

Theme

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2020 5:21 am 

Yasuki Yukarin wrote:
"Well, you were talking about Seppun Kato-dono earlier today in court, in relation to this whole succession mess. You noted he wasn't getting involved in the conflict regarding such things, out of memory of his brother. Are you sure he would even be willing to take over in such a case? I know relatively little about the man in contrast to the Empress and the Steel Chrysanthemum."

She did seem genuinely curious.

'' Well, i don't know much either, except for what is commonly known.'' She said to her. '' But the fact that he didn't intervene and only did so with the support of the Imperial families through the Miya, must mean something.''

'' Frankly, although i'm grateful for the treatment i had here by our gracious hosts of the Lion clan, some of their members have clearly violated the common sense and engaged in behavior that should not be permitted, like the attack and murder of the Crane Ambassador.'' She commented. '' That should not be something that we should pursue in these times.''

'' Without guidance from those high in the eyes of Heavens, there's no doubt that chaos and tragedy will continue.'' She adds. '' Seppun Kato-dono is the brother of Hantei XVI-heika, may his soul rest among his ancestors. Maybe he is the one that could bring order and balance once again.''

Otomo Ryuji wrote:
"Oh...I was not aware at all that you were fond of such works, Nagiko-san."

Nagiko noticed that the two men were talking about her, and something about Asako Chidori, so it seems. '' Eh? Ah, hai, Otomo-sama, Asako-sama. I do like Asako Chidori's work, indeed. Her words, are an inspiration for many souls in the Empire'' She said to both men, offering a smile.

Profile|Theme 2!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2020 5:25 am 

Since the Mantis had started talking to the men, Yukarin just gave a nod to what she'd been told. Leaning back against the wood behind her, she took the fan and started using it to genuinely fan herself, mulling her thoughts over as the steam lightly swirled around her head.