It is currently Sat Sep 21, 2024 3:25 pm

Post subject: Re: [D8 - LM] Compassion (Wide Open)
PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2020 11:16 pm 

The ronin was odd. Nice, but odd. Maiya didn't know quite what to make of her.

"Hai."

She continues handing out rice to hungry passersby until she has none left.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2020 12:59 am 

"The Akasha is the spirit part of every naga. Unlike humans, we share a single soul. Our feelings, thoughts, skills and knowledge are all within the Akasha, waiting to be channeled into each of us at need."

The naga continues his distribution of rice as well.

"The Akasha requires study and contemplation to understand. At its heart is the harmony of what should be, balanced by the Bright Eye and Pale Eye's perception of what is good and what is ill. As we tune ourselves to its motions we can draw on the understanding of our ancestors."

Carries: A red and black fan and hat.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2020 1:14 am 

Her eyes shot up at the very mention that all Naga shared a single soul. How was that even possible, for one entire race to share a single soul? It was impossible, for so many bodies to possess... and then the thought came to her. It wasn't a pleasant thought, though it was obvious this was different.

"So, each of you are agents who serve the will of the Akasha. And what is it, at its core that the Akasha yearns for?" Obviously, it was not assimilation. That seemed absolutely impossible.

Description, Character Image

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2020 1:25 am 

"For life to prosper in peace, for each of us to prop up each other where we excel and be supported where we are deficient. For each individual to grow upright and strong. To eliminate unhelpful conflict, and work together to destroy the Foul."

The Hilsilage nods sharply.

"The Akasha seeks harmony, because it is made up of all of the naga."

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2020 1:47 am 

Sitting down once more at the table Maiya tunes back into the conversation between the snake man and the ronin. It was very philosophical. Or was that metaphysical? Religious? Definitely intellectual. She couldn't really understand it much. Still, she listened politely to try picking up on a few bits where she could.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2020 2:01 am 

She listened. It certainly sounded a mixture of the philosophical and the spiritual, with the political as something of an after-effect of such a way of looking at things. It was intriguing, though he kept saying ... "When you say the foul, forgive me, you mean the taint, yes? The touch of Jigoku." She felt reasonably secure, now that the last of the rice was out, discussing it. He was open and she was a Crab. this wasn't a group who would take offense to its mention. "How do your kind combat such a touch?"

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2020 5:09 am 

"When we say the foul we mean the touch of any unnatural vileness. It is hard for me to differentiate between sources, we naga rarely bother. But this thing you speak of is certainly included. I am afraid our immunity is something that I do not fully understand. Perhaps when I have grown wise enough I will be able to explain it."

The naga spreads his hands.

"It is one of the reasons I thought it very important to put Cobra and Crab scholars in proximity."

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2020 5:53 am 

"Your... immunity?" There was something that crossed her face before she shook her head. "Be wary, Naga-sama. You would not be the first to claim that nothing could ever taint it. The touch of Jigoku is an inexorable thing. It yearns to hold, and when it first gets its hooks, it will do anything to hold on, and never yield. If it finds a thing it cannot have, it will not stop before it claims it. Perhaps your kind are truly resistant... but ever mindful, lest it be too late."

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2020 6:50 am 

The Hilsilage feels a chill run through his blood.

"Inexorable and patient. It would be unwise to be imprudent in the face of such a foe."

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2020 7:01 am 

"Countless men and woman have stood against it and failed. Only vigilance and wisdom not to trust its sweet words have ever protected some. Still, this is not to say that you should not fight. Some have prevailed in their time, just as the Crab's efforts. But never underestimate Jigoku's power." For someone who did not live on the wall, there was a fervency, even a little bit of urgency to it. She was absolutely sincere in the conviction.

"I'm sorry... I should not lecture so. It will be a thing you will understand in time. I am but a humble priestess."

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2020 2:59 pm 

The Crab interjected at this stage. "I wouldn't fault anything you have said Mari-san, but I am curious how you have come know it. Few outside my Clan seem to care much about the enemy to the South, and even fewer of corruption. However, you sound as confident as the Kuni when you speak of both." Maiya comments matter of fact. Her expression was neither judging or awed. She was, however, a little suspicious. Was Mari originally a Kuni perhaps? Maybe she had worked with the former Jade Champion? Or, was it something else? Perhaps a former Kuni had been her sensei? It could be any number of things.

"With your knowledge you would fit in well among the Crab. Hmm." She tapped the table gently. "How did you learn all of this? Your conviction in it makes me think you learned some from seeing things first hand. Ano, am I right?"

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2020 5:33 pm 

She nodded to the Kuni and her countenance took on a grave element. "I apologize, Kaiu-sama... The village in which I was born was near to Crab lands. We grew up with the whispers to fear the darkness and what it could do given to small children to scare them at night, to remind them not to turn from the path." A sigh left and she looked away. "I have also had the misfortune of needing to put down a relation of mine who ... rose after death. I would prefer not to speak of the details. It is unpleasant in the extreme to speak of such things."

"I will not pretend to have detailed knowledge of the shadowlands. I admit that my comprehension of those things are that a goblin is much smaller than an Ogre. I know only how the scourge of the taint is the kind of foe. What I was not taught in detail, I was taught in firm resolve and proper caution."

Nothing she said was actually untrue, and there was conviction in her words. But none of those were the actual source of her convictions on the matter.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2020 7:12 pm 

So, either a Scorpion or a Crane. Not my business anyway. Maiya nods and loses interest, accepting the ronin's words.

"I'm sorry. It sounds like you had a tough upbringing. I would ask more, but your past is yours Mari-san. Still, it need not define your future. If you ever wish to fight the South and corruption directly then I can probably arrange a meeting with the Crab ambassador in this city. Please give that some thought."

Brushing her lap the armoured Kaiu then got up and adjusted her helmet. "Thank you for your time. Both of you."

She offers a slightly deeper bow than the first she had given, even if it strained her back slightly due to her armour's weight. Rising she gave them each another look.

"When things begin to get dangerous take care, ne? The Governor thought a siege would be likely. We will see in the coming days. Ja, goodbye."

The blue and grey armoured figure walked off as the rain began to pick up.

/ Exit

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2020 8:52 pm 

"Carry the Fortunes, Kaiu-sama."

The Hilsilage returns the bow.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2020 9:09 pm 

She returned the bow as well. "The fortune's blessings," she said, grateful that the woman had accepted her word. One never knew if a Crab had a little bit too much Yasuki lurking in there. They were sneaky, wiley sorts after all. Had to be. When she had departed, the woman turned towards the Hilsilage.

"I imagine you have more questions. Perhaps we will have more time as we are here to speak, but did you have any right now?" This one was nearly a picture of curiosity.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2020 3:57 pm 

"No, I have learned much and now must contemplate it."

The Hilsilage nods and looks out at the humans.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2020 6:08 pm 

"I have learned quite a bit myself. By your leave, though, I think that I have some business to deal with in the deeper town," she said, bowing to him and waiting to make sure there was nothing more. If not, she would be on her way. There was a lot to think about... but it could wait.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2020 1:02 am 

"Indeed. May your road be smooth and warm, Mari-san."

The snake man bows.