It is currently Sat Sep 21, 2024 1:53 pm

Post subject: Re: [Day 9 - EM] Regulate
PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2020 1:18 am 

Asako Kashiwagi wrote:
"Those were probably sent back to the our clan for safekeeping, I did reserve some lesser texts for us to continue our research over on that shelf. I also brought a rather interesting text I found last night, that should be helpful," he responded.

Masahiko nodded. "Right, well...I can see you all have your work cut out for you. If there's any way I can help...just let me know."

Owns: Kyuzo

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2020 1:49 am 

"You are welcome to work with us, you may lack the ability to utilize magic but you seem to have a decent understanding of the powers allayed against us," he responded.

Status: 4.0 | Glory: 10.0 | Infamy: .4 | Honor: Untrustworthy
Carried: Wakizashi, Black Fancy Clothing, Chop, Writ of the Asako Inquisitors, Maho Warding Amulet, Jade Amulet, Trash Queen (Tabby Cat)

TN 0 to be Recognized.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2020 1:55 am 

Tsukimi looked up from her text, having listened to the going-ons around her.

"Hmm..." she recognized that famous Kashiwagi once more. He did kind of stand out in a crowd. And this wasn't even a crowd.

Rolling up her scroll, she rose to her feet to approach the famous Phoenix. "Pardon the intrusion... I apologise for overhearing your conversation, but perhaps I can be of assistance, Asako-sama?"

“At times, the voice of peace must ring like Thunder.”

Has: Sacred Daisho, Light Armor (battle), necklace of prayer beads (jade), figurine of Jizo, parchment and charcoal, white cowl. Lion tattoo on left arm, Dragon tattoo on left thigh.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2020 2:06 am 

"If you are willing to help us, then you are welcome, Dragon," he said with a nod.

Carried: Wakizashi, Black Fancy Clothing, Chop, Writ of the Asako Inquisitors, Maho Warding Amulet, Jade Amulet, Trash Queen (Tabby Cat)

TN 0 to be Recognized.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2020 2:07 am 

"Hai." Another bow. "I'm Togashi Tsukimi, of the Ise Zumi Order. It's an honor, Asako-sama. I've heard much of your deeds throughout the Empire."

Has: Sacred Daisho, Light Armor (battle), necklace of prayer beads (jade), figurine of Jizo, parchment and charcoal, white cowl. Lion tattoo on left arm, Dragon tattoo on left thigh.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2020 2:16 am 

"I hope that I live up to the legend," he replied with a smirk.

"We are currently engaged with creating a possible spell to combat the spirits of Toshigoku, inspired by the venerable Jade Strike spell, but specific to the realm of slaughter."

TN 0 to be Recognized.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2020 2:27 am 

"Hmm... I see." She was no shugenja, but she had an understanding of the harmonies of the elements.

"An intriguing challenge - I'm not aware of any sacred substance that is such an anathema to the spirits of Toshigoku as Jade is to the foulest enemy." The woman tapped her marred chin for a moment in thought. It seemed she maybe had some ideas.

"I will prepare some ideas, based on what I know of the heavenly Dragons. Perhaps their power is something that could be of use."

----

OOC: I assume you guys are using Spellcraft to research a new spell? :)

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2020 2:43 am 

Masahiko nodded slowly. "Hai, well, the discovery of the properties of jade had much to do with the story of the fall of the kami. Perhaps there is something else there that we have overlooked."

He moved quickly to the histories and to begin his search.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2020 2:46 am 

Being a somewhat tall person herself, Tsukimi now realised she wasn't tall at all when she actually had to tilt her head back to look at the very tall Kakita.

"... If such a property could be discovered, it could perhaps also help with reducing the influence of Toshigoku upon their souls... Kakita-sama." Tall Crane. Mountain Crane-sama. Big Bird.

"Togashi Tsukimi, of the Ise Zumi Order," she bowed to intrdouce herself to the Crane as well, to stop the long list of nicknames appearing in her mind.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2020 2:58 am 

He stepped back a half step to give himself the necessary space to bow deeply without smacking into her, a lesson hard-learned in his dojo years, then bowed.

"Kakita Masahiko, Ambassadorial Staff!" His smile could light up the room, if the librarians had not thoughtfully provided lamps.

"It is an honor to meet you, Togashi-sama! We so rarely get members of the order visiting Nikesake. You must tell me all bout it!" He glanced back at Kashiwagi. "Over tea, when our duties are complete!"

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2020 3:24 am 

The cheerful exuberance reminded her of another samurai she had spoken with here in the Blue Tiled Room before.

"Of course, Kakita-sama. I'll look very much forward to that once we have seen to this task," she said with a warm smile.

"I guess with Asako-sama present, we are also considering ideas from the Naga?"

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2020 12:10 pm 

Meanwhile Ayanojo had been hard at work going through the references he could find, what he could remember from the 'really useful scroll TM' he'd found yesterday that was now in a crate being looked after by Top Men and his school taught expertise at manipulating the kami.

He managed some decent progress, made sure to note everything down in his neat, precise brushwork and then sat back pushing some errant hair out of his eyes and looked around.

Mostly at the Giant Crane, still trying to figure out how he'd grown that big.

--
D9 Spell Research 'Toshigoku Nuke', 1 xp spent for roll, VP for +1k1: 9d10o10k4 38
Halved for group contribution = 19 points of progress.

Status 1.0 * Glory 2.0 * Honour: As Expected
Carries: Wakizashi, fan, scroll satchel, wax tablet & stylus, paper, often kites.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2020 4:40 pm 

Togashi Tsukimi wrote:
The cheerful exuberance reminded her of another samurai she had spoken with here in the Blue Tiled Room before.

"Of course, Kakita-sama. I'll look very much forward to that once we have seen to this task," she said with a warm smile.

"I guess with Asako-sama present, we are also considering ideas from the Naga?"

Masahiko's eyes widened. "The Naga? I don't...I haven't...the library has very little on them!!"

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2020 5:19 pm 

"Oh, I figured..." she glanced between the Phoenix and the Crane, "because Asako-sama wrote a book about the Naga... uhm... perhaps I assumed too much?"

She smiled sheepishly.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2020 6:34 pm 

Ayanojo considered this and wrote out a quick comment.

Quote:
There was a Naga here reading yesterday.

Carries: Wakizashi, fan, scroll satchel, wax tablet & stylus, paper, often kites.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2020 6:43 pm 

Masahiko was pretty sure that was awesome.

"Awesome," he said under his breath.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2020 6:52 pm 

Quote:
He must still be in the city somewhere. Perhaps we could ask if he has any insight into the enemy?

He had no idea what kind of knowledge the Sneks might have. Until yesterday he hadn't even known they could read.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2020 7:47 pm 

"I had not heard of their being overly involved with the Spirit Realms." He looked over at Kashiwagi for insight. "But I suppose that he is here, and he must have an interest in survival in the face of the enemy, if nothing else."

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2020 8:09 pm 

“A short answer is yes,” Kashiwagi said when asked about utilizing Naga knowledge.

“There are some insights we can draw from that, which pointed me in the direction of crafting this spell which will draw the fire kami to purge the malignant rage and fury of the slaughter realm from the being, it will have no effect on beings that are free of its touch but those of the realm or returned from there should feel it’s effects in full.

“This knowledge primarily comes from the sages of the Phoenix and the best Rokugani thinkers.”

OOC: Research roll of 50 after using magic to enhance his mind.

TN 0 to be Recognized.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2020 8:43 pm 

Tsukimi was making notes on a sheet of parchment with her piece of charcoal.

She was no shugenja and didn't know how magic really worked outside of the abilities known as kiho, but she was writing down pointers in relation to the heavenly Dragons, and how the Fire Dragon could be called upon to burn away impurities.

-----------

D9 EM Lore to help in spell research (I know it doesn't apply but this is fluff). Void, TotVD (Fire). 1 raise. TN20?: 5d10o10k4 49