It is currently Sat Sep 21, 2024 3:28 pm

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 387 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 20  Next
 Post subject: Re: Courtroom Debates [Day 1, Early Afternoon]
PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2020 8:46 pm 

He gestured for a servant to bring a local blend and then said, “It is a Lion city now, let us now fret on what has come before. Are these… soldiers in your service, Matsu-san?”

Status: 4.0 | Glory: 10.0 | Infamy: .4 | Honor: Untrustworthy
Carried: Wakizashi, Black Fancy Clothing, Chop, Writ of the Asako Inquisitors, Maho Warding Amulet, Jade Amulet, Trash Queen (Tabby Cat)

TN 0 to be Recognized.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2020 8:49 pm 

Hida Shiko wrote:
"...yet these kinds of things usually don't happen out here? To these kinds of people?"

"...yeah. I haven't really heard of this so far from the wall." She took a rather large drink from her cup and glared into it.

Carries: wakizashi, abacus, coin purse and satchel

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2020 8:50 pm 

Agasha Poemu wrote:
Poemu shook her head a bit. "Iie, Shosuro-san. In these times-- no, in any time -- there is no such thing as a small role. Even if you are an actress and not a diplomat, you can have no less a role on this stage. On the contrary; how many are stirred by a play that would not listen to a debate in a court? Your lady may have a greater say with the governor in standing, but I believe you could influence far more minds."

Sara smiled, pleased. "Agasha-sama, is very kind, and wise. Perhaps when all this unpleasantness is over, Agasha-sama might visit for my next play perhaps?" She placed her tea down, and glanced around for some sweets.

"Is Agasha-sama an avid fan of the theatre?"

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2020 8:51 pm 

Matsu Tani wrote:
Ignoring further comment on the Kitsu Daimyo, Tani shrugged her shoulders. "I have seen you fight, hai. You are impressive, certainly, and I do not intend to diminish your skills. Only comment on how off guard that situation must have brought everyone. It is a testament to your skill that you got out of that court chamber and all the way out here."

And then she offered a small smile of her own. "A spar would be lovely. It would be nice to shake some of the rust of Winter off before I have to do so against another live opponent."

"Wonderful, it's a date then" Homura looked pleased "I hope I can prove to be worthy of your I'm sure very important time. Do you prefer to spar in the mornings or evenings? I can be flexible for you."

And all of that is going over your head again isn't it.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2020 8:51 pm 

Togashi Iko wrote:
Nibbling on a small cake, a little stale as Winter supplies were coming to an end awaiting the resupply of the first thaws, Iko nodded thoughtfully.

"There is much yet to be learned about this...unique situation. I imagine the Phoenix Loremasters might be worth consulting or Ikoma historians, I can't recall a precedent for this sort of thing personally, but my knowledge of history is not as complete as some."

"An eternal Emperor though, I share your trepidation. There would be consistency and constancy, which some may see as positives, but the growth of the Empire would indeed suffer."

Kin listened quietly then chimed in with another point. "Then there is the issue of regicide. Do we really trust a being capable of such to make for a just ruler? I get the feeling that most arguing for the Steel Chrysanthemum are failing to see the full picture of what he is."

Equipment: Daisho, light armor, naga scimitar, personal seal, notebook, parchment & charcoal, ink brush kit

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2020 8:52 pm 

"Well, I've seen plenty of bad stuff away from the Wall. But, nothing quite like this neither. Good thing everyone's arguing though, that always helps."

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2020 8:54 pm 

Kayou wrote:
"Sadly no," she says, the sorrow apparent in her voice. "She was seeking aid from an old friend and had not been invited. The loss of Hantei XXII-dono is a great one and this one truly wishes it could have been prevented."

She stops herself. "But this you know, my apologies. This one is trying to organize her thoughts."

'' Oh, i'm sorry to heard that. Forgive me for bringing bad memories to you, Kayou-san.'' She bowed, again.

'' Indeed it is a tragedy, but the Spirit Realms act in strange ways as i said before. Though i'm nobody when it comes to knowing why things happen.'' She commented.

'' Patience, i suppose, is the best way forward in order to truly know what's happening during these times.'' The Mantis adds. She then observes Kayou for a while. '' I was wondering, as a woman of wisdom and a follower of the Tao, maybe you have some notion of how best to move forward, Kayou-san?'' She asked.

Carries: Daisho, Extravagant Clothes, Light-Armor (when appropiate), Fan, Mantis' silk and spices
Profile|Theme 2!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2020 8:55 pm 

"I prefer to visit the Dojo in the late mornings, after I have had a chance to pray to my Ancestors and enjoy a morning meal. Would this be acceptable?"

There was absolutely no indication that Tani took this at anything but face value.

Glorious Death in battle is never untimely.

Equipment: Daisho, Kimono (functional or exceptional, depending on situation), Finger of Jade (hanging on a necklace around her neck), heavy armor (when appropriate), Fan, Bisento (when appropriate)

Description

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2020 8:55 pm 

Asako Kashiwagi wrote:
He gestured for a servant to bring a local blend and then said, “It is a Lion city now, let us now fret on what has come before. Are these… soldiers in your service, Matsu-san?”

She nodded and took a cup of the tea when it arrived, giving a nod of thanks to the servant.

"That is a fair point, Asako-sama. I have never set foot here before and wondered if you had in the past."

She takes a sip.

"Delightful."

She glances back to the two budoka, clad in simple kimono and then back to Kashiwagi.

"Indeed, they are my Budoka, assigned to me to train and guide by my father, one of the Lion Rikugunshokan (generals).He wishes me to someday take his place, our Lord allowing, and this is but the first small step of many to learning how to lead."

Mogami's Equipment: Battle: Light Armor, Yumi, Quiver w Flesh Cutter Arrows, Daisho
Court: Decent quality kimono and courtiers fan

Budoka's Tsuruga and Fuwa's Eqiupment:
Battle: Ashigaru Armor | Han-Kyu, Quiver w Willow Leaf Arrows | Yari
Court: Kimono

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2020 8:56 pm 

Kasuga Seitouna wrote:
Seitouna follows Asakuro into the facility. He defers to the other Tortoise, though, and takes up a position in the court to observe.

(Lots going on; PM if approached, though I may move off as time allows.)

Seitouna continues to observe, his player negotiating working time as he does so. It is quite the rush of things, really.

Thinking * Speaking Merenae * Speaking Thrane
Generally wears decent kimono & sandals, jitte, wakizashi
Wears extravagant kimono & sandals and wakizashi at court
Almost always has paper and something to write with
Public Profile

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2020 8:58 pm 

"Have they earned names, tell me of these great men that serve the Lion with honor," he asked of her looking at the budoka.

Carried: Wakizashi, Black Fancy Clothing, Chop, Writ of the Asako Inquisitors, Maho Warding Amulet, Jade Amulet, Trash Queen (Tabby Cat)

TN 0 to be Recognized.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2020 9:01 pm 

Ryuuta Kin wrote:
Kin listened quietly then chimed in with another point. "Then there is the issue of regicide. Do we really trust a being capable of such to make for a just ruler? I get the feeling that most arguing for the Steel Chrysanthemum are failing to see the full picture of what he is."

"Perhaps, but there are always those unhappy with the status quo who think that any change is good. As a former Son of Heaven, do we even have the right to judge him?" Iko offers as a counterpoint playing devil's advocate for a moment.

Carries: Daisho, Yumi (where appropriate)
Description

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2020 9:01 pm 

Togashi Tsukimi wrote:
"It means war, death... chaos. Many will suffer once the snow thaws enough to allow this Steel Chrysanthemum's forces to march."

"You're right, Togashi-san!" Baatar exclaimed, impressed by Tsukimi's wisdom. "We... we should put a stop to this! Why, the only sensible thing to do would be to form a counterattack immediately, to stop the Steel Flower guy before he is able to gather any further supporters."

Unfortunately, the Unicorn's enthusiasm is not matched by his political acumen, and his words are lost in the general shouting of the other courtiers.

--------

Day 1 early afternoon, influence for Imperialist (pro Tokiyo) with 1 raise, AWA/Courtier + Void Point TN20: 5d10o10k4 19 fail

Last edited by Moto Baatar on Mon Apr 06, 2020 9:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2020 9:02 pm 

Akodo Ren wrote:
“Better...? In terms of which party has the better claim? I have no thoughts on the matter as of yet... I’m more concerned about the displaced and infirmed... The changes in the circulation of the city’s chi is sure to create a slew of problems...”

Touki nodded. "We shall do what we can to see to them, of course. Dealing with refugees is a challenge we are accustomed too." His voice was as monotone as ever.

"As for the city's chi..." He inclined his head. "Please let me know if I can assist you in any way, ma'am."

Carries: Daisho, kimono (probably worn)

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2020 9:03 pm 

Asako Kashiwagi wrote:
"Have they earned names, tell me of these great men that serve the Lion with honor," he asked of her looking at the budoka.

Mogami takes another sip. The two men shift slightly as they are being talked about, an uncomfortable air surrounding them at the sudden scrutiny, but they keep their heads down.

"They have. The older is Tsuruga, an Ashigaru in our armies for the past seven years before being assigned to me. The younger is Fuwa, a new recruit. So far both have proved quite adequate in their duties, and both are decently skilled with Kyujutsu."

"May I inquire something from you, Asako-sama?"

Mogami's Equipment: Battle: Light Armor, Yumi, Quiver w Flesh Cutter Arrows, Daisho
Court: Decent quality kimono and courtiers fan

Budoka's Tsuruga and Fuwa's Eqiupment:
Battle: Ashigaru Armor | Han-Kyu, Quiver w Willow Leaf Arrows | Yari
Court: Kimono

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2020 9:10 pm 

Shosuro Sara wrote:
Sara smiled, pleased. "Agasha-sama, is very kind, and wise. Perhaps when all this unpleasantness is over, Agasha-sama might visit for my next play perhaps?" She placed her tea down, and glanced around for some sweets.

"Is Agasha-sama an avid fan of the theatre?"

Poemu's smile took on a softly sheepish look. "I would be honored to see your next play Shosuro-san, but I fear that I have not had proper opportunity to say if I am a fan or not. Very few if any acting troupe make it up to Agasha lands, let alone to lands of my family, and my time training in Miya lands had few opportunities for plays. The Lion only had a few arranged for their winter court, and well... as you say, things were interrupted."

He allowed a moment of silence and then said after a sip, "You may inquire."

TN 0 to be Recognized.

Hida Shiko wrote:
"Good thing everyone's arguing though, that always helps."

"If they've energy to argue, they've energy to fight onwards. That's what matters." A strangely grim smile crossed Kanade's face. "A toast, to living to fight another day?"

Carries: wakizashi, abacus, coin purse and satchel

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2020 9:12 pm 

Togashi Iko wrote:
"Perhaps, but there are always those unhappy with the status quo who think that any change is good. As a former Son of Heaven, do we even have the right to judge him?" Iko offers as a counterpoint playing devil's advocate for a moment.

"I would say that in the past he had been judged by those that could be considered closest to peers. And the emperor did not tell the people of the empire to stand down, allow himself to be killed, and follow the returned Hantei. In the absence of such an order, then I would say assuming the path of inheritance in a more traditional sense would be most appropriate, which does not include him at all. And any person not in line to be emperor that murders an emperor should likely be considered a traitor and murderer. I would actually consider it more complex and less worthy of judgement had the killer been someone in the legitimate line to the throne than someone who had already passed the throne on to their heir."

Kin shrugged at that. "Though I don't get to make the decision, all I get to do is try to inform the process with what little influence I have."

Equipment: Daisho, light armor, naga scimitar, personal seal, notebook, parchment & charcoal, ink brush kit

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2020 9:13 pm 

Matsu Tani wrote:
"I prefer to visit the Dojo in the late mornings, after I have had a chance to pray to my Ancestors and enjoy a morning meal. Would this be acceptable?"

There was absolutely no indication that Tani took this at anything but face value.

"Ah, a perfect time. The Sun is still rising, and the warmth of two warriors engaging in a heated spar. I would be delighted to" Homura nodded "I don't know if the intent is to begin a guard rota including the Lion not previously assigned here, but as long as that doesn't come to pass and this court isn't still arguing by then..." she shrugged "you are more likely to be in the know on that regard, ne?"

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 387 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 20  Next