It is currently Sat Sep 21, 2024 5:37 pm

Post subject: [D9, LA] Commiserating Cousins (closed)
PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2020 6:20 am 

Sukima regretted that they'd had to part earlier... She would rather have addressed Kato's pronouncement with Horonigai earlier. Better late than never, as the saying went. She waited for her cousin with a comforting tea and snacks ready to go.

Post subject: Re: [D9, LA] Commiserating Cousins (closed)
PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2020 5:07 pm 

There's a gentle rap at Sukima's door, but no voice.

Gear: daisho, another classy fan, another extravagant furisode (or plain kimono and hakama), silk umbrella, jade obi dome (pendant), golden kushi kanzashi (head comb).
Duty/Outside: Armor Up!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2020 5:35 pm 

Sukima hurried up and opened the door to let Horonigai inside. "Horo-chan... Please, come in." She used the name she'd called the younger girl in childhood.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2020 5:37 pm 

Horonigai takes a step forward, and closes the door. There's a bow that turns into a tackling tight hug as soon as her childhood name is pronounced.

"Sukima-denka!"

Oneesan.

Gear: daisho, another classy fan, another extravagant furisode (or plain kimono and hakama), silk umbrella, jade obi dome (pendant), golden kushi kanzashi (head comb).

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2020 5:49 pm 

The redhead held her tightly as she's suddenly tackled into a hug. "Horo-chan. I'm so glad to see you. I'm sorry I had to leave for court earlier."

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2020 6:56 pm 

"Ne. Sukima-denka~ Don't worry. I wasn't in the best of my moods, too. Too much to think about in so little time."

Horonigai takes a step back looks her in the eyes, asking how she was doing. "O genki desu ka?"

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2020 7:22 pm 

She gave a wan smile, looking deeply tired now that they were alone. "... Truthfully, no, not since my brother died. Are you well?" She echoed the same question back to her.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2020 8:09 pm 

"I-iie." She shakes her head negatively, holding tears with honor compassion so they don't strike Sukima down even more.

In a flashback, Horonigai sees Sukima drenched in blood, in the same fashion she saw her brother when he died on her hands.

She hugs Sukima back, and spares her of the feeling. "I am better knowing you're here, and safe. The announcement... I worry the Lion might get brash again and try to come after you. Do you have an yojimbo. One you can trust?"

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2020 11:35 pm 

"Horo-chan... You just experienced a great loss, too. You don't just have to worry about me," she assured with a small smile.

At the question of whether she had a yojimbo, she shook her head. "No, though those present ensure my safety." Up until I'm not longer useful, anyway. If they feel they have to clear other claimants complicating the issue by force, then... Duty will come first. Her lips pressed together for a moment, tense.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2020 4:20 am 

"But I do. I... I had to defy you at court." Horonigai drops on her knees, still hugging Sukima.

"It makes my heart even more heavy. Having to antagonize Sukima-denka."

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2020 5:48 am 

Sukima knelt with her and smiled softly, shifting how they were so she could run her fingers soothingly through Horonigai's hair. "It's how things are. It's difficult to be united in all things. We both have someone we have to believe in. If it helps, I bear no ill will about it."

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2020 3:24 am 

Someone stroking her hair was something Horonigai had little in her life as a dutiful Miharu. Her chin goes up as Sukima's fingers gently care for the young Seppun. Tears are held, even if her guard goes completely down. The sparkling reflection is undeniable.

"It is beyond belief. It is what I must do..."

Horonigai closes her eyes, and moves her head closer to the Yogo. "Thank you... for being so kind to me."

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2020 3:29 am 

"Of course... You're the little sister I didn't have by blood, Horo-chan," she replied. "I am admittedly appalled by the betrayal, though. Leaving you behind like that. Your loyalty through that is admirable."

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2020 3:44 am 

If Horonigai had purring instincts like her feline pet, that's what she would do, being spoiled with such care.

As the betrayal is mentioned, she opens her eyes to confess, "I am so angry. So angry!" She snarls a bit, and keeps lamenting, "It has to be some sort of strategy. He has done these... things... before. People told me."

Horonigai scoffs. "I have to hold myself not to do something stupid. Like getting a horse and run for Toshi Ranbo to bite someone's face until they say sorry."

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2020 4:12 am 

The redhead begins braiding little bits of her hair before brushing them loose with her fingers. "It is likely part of a strategy, and he has. It's not unusual. People are useful until they're not. Then they suffer your fate."

She looked up at the ceiling. "It must be very lonely, living like that. Though I think all of our father's children were lonely to one degree or another."

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2020 4:22 am 

She blinks a bit, thinking how egoistical she was behaving. "Neesan... you can count on me if you feel lonely and need someone to talk to... or write to. If you would like."

Horonigai bites her lower lip as in reflex for a potential scold to behave so informal. "Why did you join the Yogo?"

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2020 4:54 am 

She smiled a little. "Thank you, Horo-chan."

She chuckled at the question. "Truthfully, it's not a particularly admirable reason. The Otomo felt I needed to leave the palace and get married. I hated the idea. So I decided they were going to regret giving me such loose guidelines. I went to a Yogo miai."

"I ended up becoming friends with the governor who was holding it. He's a kind person, and a widower. While he and his family are eccentric, it's fun being there and spending time with him. I ended up forgoing pursuing those intended for the miai and marrying him."

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2020 5:32 am 

Horonigai's mind is put to a halt. She blinks a bit, trying to understand the full reasoning. Yet, she does connect with the stubborn behavior Sukima showed the Otomo.

A small smirk creeps on her face. She says, "Some Otomo do deserve to curse their own decisions. I did not imagine it was your call. I just though the Scorpion managed to get a political marriage to... well... secure themselves in a change something like today would happen."

Horonigai slowly lays her head on Sukima's lap. "I'm happy your husband is kind. How is he like, I mean... descriptively?"

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2020 5:50 am 

She chuckled, continuing to play with her cousin's hair and stroke the side of her head as it rested in her lap. "It does seem like it could have been that way, but I just wanted to ruin their wish. I was worried something bad would happen if I was away," she huffed a little. "Well, it did, of course. It wasn't long after that Onii-sama disappeared."

She was quiet for a moment, before murmuring. "... Whenever something bad happened, I was never able to stop it..."

She refocused at the question. "My husband... He's very handsome, for a man already well into his thirties when I met him. Good taste in fashion. He always seems to be brimming with energy."

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2020 6:18 am 

"I..." She reminds herself that she's was able to stop it from happening, but spares Sukima of the details. Simply saying, "I find myself quite powerless, too."

Horonigai closes her eyes to dismiss those thoughts and focus on the charming and handsome Governor with this killer look and dense, calming voice. "Well, the last man with that age I've met was quite handsome. A Governor as well."

The younger maiden's cheek try to get some life in her, but it doesn't last much. "Does he have kids?"