It is currently Sat Sep 21, 2024 1:47 pm

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 267 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next
 Post subject: Re: The Lion's Court (D9, Early Afternoon)
PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2020 1:00 am 

The Shakanar wrote:

"It is good to think for oneself. While ancestors and those that lived before us have much wisdom, they don't always understand the present circumstances surrounding an issue."

Erina guffaws but has the good grace to look mortified.

"I'm sorry, it's just surprising to hear your exact point said more eloquently than you yourself can manage. But I hope to use their own deficiency against the Steel Chrysanthemum. They are so hidebound in tradition that I want to see them face what their descendents have adapted to."

Like the Legion goes unsaid...but perhaps they could gain the respect they deserved.

Two Warcats: Ore and Kamu

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2020 1:12 am 

The Hilsilage arrives, somewhat out of breath.

"Why do we keep moving these things?" he mutters inaudibly.

He moves closer to the Shakanar, but does not interrupt.

Carries: A red and black fan and hat.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2020 1:15 am 

Moto Akemi wrote:
"Hai" Akemi replied with a nod, a thoughtful expression on her face "hai. Thank you for your thoughts. I will remember them."

She looked over the rest of the court with the same expression.

"As well as others. You can not command the elements any more than you can command the stars in heaven. You must learn to hear the music of the celestial chorus. Once that is done, you must learn to dance" she quoted seemingly to herself.

"They are the thoughts of someone not versed in the politics of the Empire, so I wouldn't put too much stock in them," he says with a chuckle. "Insight into our current situation is probably much more comprehensive among others in the court."

Equipment: Daisho, armor, dai-kyu, sake cup, bottle of water, knife, Meushi

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2020 1:28 am 

Matsu Mogami wrote:
"This is true. I will ask for an audience soon then, perhaps tomorrow if I can. "

Mogami listens to the nun address the court and bows her head in respect.

"Your words will give many ideas to meditate on."

Mogami then steps up to say her piece, but she falters halfway through, loosing the attention of those gathered as they find others more important to listen to.

"Matsu-san," says Kayou with a gentle smile, "we must work on your public speaking."

Carries: Prayer Beads, satchel with writing supplies.

Description
Art by Joanne Kwan

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2020 1:50 am 

Finally, after a long time watching, Chihaya slipped into a lull in the court to make her own case.

Moving into the open space, she simply closed her fan, stating in a clear voice. "The honorable Seppun Kato has not made his claim lightly, and those who insult his honor likewise mock the Miya who delivered his message, and the Scorpion clan champion who sees fit to tie his own family to Seppun Kato's cause. It is presumptive in the extreme to call them liars when you are too far away for them to refute your accusations - I encourage all to still such accusations, lest they invite dishonor for defaming their betters from afar."

Her part said, she likewise remained long enough to field any challenges to her words, before she would return to her seat.

----

https://orokos.com/roll/801676 4 additional points for Seppun Kato (separatist)

Profile :: Theme

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2020 2:00 am 

“I agree, Kayou-sensei. Though, until today I had been more successful in delivering my thoughts. I believe all the chaos that today brings has disrupted my balance”

Mogami's Equipment: Battle: Light Armor, Yumi, Quiver w Flesh Cutter Arrows, Daisho
Court: Decent quality kimono and courtiers fan

Budoka's Tsuruga and Fuwa's Eqiupment:
Battle: Ashigaru Armor | Han-Kyu, Quiver w Willow Leaf Arrows | Yari
Court: Kimono

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2020 2:06 am 

Is that what he had done?

The monk frowned. He had not meant to call anyone a liar. But wanted to figure out what was the most likely outcome of such action.

Very important people said different things. Surely that meant they must decide between them which was accurate. Would not a duel mean it would take less lives?

“We tell the tale of heroes to remind ourselves that we also can be great.”

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2020 2:12 am 

Matsu Mogami wrote:
“I agree, Kayou-sensei. Though, until today I had been more successful in delivering my thoughts. I believe all the chaos that today brings has disrupted my balance”

Kayou nods. "It has been a . . . trying day. And other people have been more haunted by their pasts than this one."

"But, if you would like to work together on public speaking and focus, this one is glad to help."

Description
Art by Joanne Kwan

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2020 2:25 am 

Matsu Erina wrote:
Erina guffaws but has the good grace to look mortified.

"I'm sorry, it's just surprising to hear your exact point said more eloquently than you yourself can manage. But I hope to use their own deficiency against the Steel Chrysanthemum. They are so hidebound in tradition that I want to see them face what their descendents have adapted to."

Like the Legion goes unsaid...but perhaps they could gain the respect they deserved.

A faint chuckle at her look. "One hopes that is true. They are from the realm of slaughter, if rumor is to be believed.....One wonders what new tricks they might have." A faint frown, as if in thought. "This one is not a warrior, though I know a little of the skill. I will stand against the warriors if i must, but it is....something that draws uneasyness from me."

Carries: Silk clothing, White silk vest that seems to shimmer in the light, several fine bracelets of silver. Travel pack, hunting knife, Yumi (Where Appropriate), Jade Spear (Where Appropriate)

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2020 3:12 am 

Suzume Chihaya wrote:
Finally, after a long time watching, Chihaya slipped into a lull in the court to make her own case.

Moving into the open space, she simply closed her fan, stating in a clear voice. "The honorable Seppun Kato has not made his claim lightly, and those who insult his honor likewise mock the Miya who delivered his message, and the Scorpion clan champion who sees fit to tie his own family to Seppun Kato's cause. It is presumptive in the extreme to call them liars when you are too far away for them to refute your accusations - I encourage all to still such accusations, lest they invite dishonor for defaming their betters from afar."

Her part said, she likewise remained long enough to field any challenges to her words, before she would return to her seat.

Horonigai nods in support of the Suzume's words after she makes her speech.

Gear: daisho, another classy fan, another extravagant furisode (or plain kimono and hakama), silk umbrella, jade obi dome (pendant), golden kushi kanzashi (head comb).
Duty/Outside: Armor Up!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2020 3:22 am 

Kayou wrote:

Kayou nods. "It has been a . . . trying day. And other people have been more haunted by their pasts than this one."

"But, if you would like to work together on public speaking and focus, this one is glad to help."

"That would be nice. Are you staying at the shrine here as well? We could have it be part of my lessons on the Tao as well."

Mogami's Equipment: Battle: Light Armor, Yumi, Quiver w Flesh Cutter Arrows, Daisho

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2020 4:11 am 

"Hau," nods Kayou. "She is again imposing on the Brotherhood, as one should when you are a member of the Order."

"She would be happy to continue your lessons, Matsu-san. As you can free up time from your duties."

Description
Art by Joanne Kwan

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2020 4:21 am 

"Alright then, I can come visit you there tomorrow morning, and we can also begin other lessons."

Mogami smiles and then looks over the room, frowning a bit.

"We now have three people vying for the throne. This is a mess, Kayou-sensei. Did you hear the proclamation this morning?"

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2020 4:41 am 

"Iye," she says shaking her head. "This one had a sad duty to attend to."

Description
Art by Joanne Kwan

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2020 4:46 am 

"One Seppun Kato is having Mya Heralds go all throughout the Empire and declare that the Crown Prince is illegitimate, that the Empress needs to step down, and that he will take the throne."

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2020 7:52 am 

Yogo Sukima wrote:
The redhead finally rose, deciding to approach the Yasuki with a bow. "Good afternoon, Yasuki-san. Do you mind if I join you?" She asked with a small smile.

Daisuke returned the bow, the a small shake of his head as he returned her smile. "Not at all, Yogo-san. It would be my honor to have you speak with me." His voice was low, reserved yet warm. "Have you had your rice today?"

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2020 8:24 am 

"Yes, thank you," she agreed with a nod. "And yourself?" She settled into a seated position next to him.

She raised her fan as the Sparrow spoke. Rather than looking offended, an amused twinkled entered her eyes, though any smile is concealed. "Imagine that."

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2020 8:47 am 

Togashi Tsukimi wrote:
"Hmmm... other arts, I guess. The art of the sword, the art of the open hand, and recently... the art of painting. Or rather, trying to learn it, since I made a promise to someone to learn it," she admitted sheepishly.

"Oh? Painting? How interesting." She smiled widely at the thought. "I did try my hand at it once or twice...perhaps we can practice sometime together? What is your favorite subject matter Togashi-san?"

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2020 9:28 am 

Doji Monkhbaatar wrote:
"They are the thoughts of someone not versed in the politics of the Empire, so I wouldn't put too much stock in them," he says with a chuckle. "Insight into our current situation is probably much more comprehensive among others in the court."

"Every voice, big or small, is equally important" Akemi shook her head with a smile "as the Tao teaches us, The dragonfly's buzz is no different from the lion's roar. All creatures have a voice with which they express the Way. So it is with us. Never devalue yourself because you feel your voice is lesser. It's not."

On person: Pretty kimono, Scroll Satchel, Wakizashi, Fan, calligraphy set & Paper, Tea set (sometimes), Light armour, Han-kyu and arrows(sometimes)

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2020 10:47 am 

Eika appeared a bit late and tried to keep a low profile. As quick as possible she found a courtier. Eventually seeing one in Ikoma robes, Eika said briefly, "perhaps we should investigate the claims the Seppun made against the empress."

Her point was brief and simple but seemed to sway a few nearby.

OOC:37, pass no raises

Forgot to mark here it is imperialist

Accompanied by lions Seiji and Kaori
Carries/wears Light Armor, Daisho, no-daichi, koan about perseverance in the face of failure, the book "Akodo's Leadership"

Last edited by Matsu Eika on Thu Apr 23, 2020 5:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 267 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next