It is currently Sat Sep 21, 2024 5:07 pm

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 267 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next
 Post subject: Re: The Lion's Court (D9, Early Afternoon)
PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2020 8:30 pm 

Sara smiled and shrugged. "Gomen, but I have been cooped up here with little to do then tell imbeciles they're wrong. My Duty is to my stage, and I missed it."

She sighed.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2020 8:37 pm 

"There's no need to apologise, Shosuro-sama. I think most of us could do with more joy and happiness these days," she said warmly, giving her a kind smile.

“At times, the voice of peace must ring like Thunder.”

Has: Sacred Daisho, Light Armor (battle), necklace of prayer beads (jade), figurine of Jizo, parchment and charcoal, white cowl. Lion tattoo on left arm, Dragon tattoo on left thigh.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2020 8:51 pm 

"Hai....besides the arts, what does Togashi-san occupy herself with?" She asked in curiosity, eyeing the rest of the court.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2020 8:56 pm 

"Hmmm... other arts, I guess. The art of the sword, the art of the open hand, and recently... the art of painting. Or rather, trying to learn it, since I made a promise to someone to learn it," she admitted sheepishly.

“At times, the voice of peace must ring like Thunder.”

Has: Sacred Daisho, Light Armor (battle), necklace of prayer beads (jade), figurine of Jizo, parchment and charcoal, white cowl. Lion tattoo on left arm, Dragon tattoo on left thigh.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2020 9:13 pm 

Kayou wrote:
"That is something we must try to address before the army arrives," says Kayou.

"Matsu-san, would you be able to help this one gain an audience with the governor?"

She shakes her head.

"I have not yet, I imagine she has quite a lot on her plate, and since I am not stationed here, I did not think she would appreciate my thoughts. Toshi no Omoidoso was different, because Shimizu-dono was my lord and he always appreciated my counsel. I don't know if the same can be said for Ikoma-dono. After all, for all she knows I am just a regular bushi who had to flee to her for protection.."

Mogami's Equipment: Battle: Light Armor, Yumi, Quiver w Flesh Cutter Arrows, Daisho
Court: Decent quality kimono and courtiers fan

Budoka's Tsuruga and Fuwa's Eqiupment:
Battle: Ashigaru Armor | Han-Kyu, Quiver w Willow Leaf Arrows | Yari
Court: Kimono

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2020 9:18 pm 

The Shakanar wrote:

He returned t he bow to the proper degree. "I thank you for your kind words Matsu-sama. I am called The Shakanar. I merely attempt to bring harmony to this situation, and guide my allies to the solution that is the least destructive to us all." A faint smile. "Especially as I highly doubt that a man who would kill the emperor would honor the treaty between our peoples."

"Oh no, I'm no "sama". I'm not close to important enough to for that." Erina brushes a hand lightly in front of her. "And I wish that suggesting a solution that isn't going to blatantly cause mass destruction wasn't worth praising so effusely, but your wisdom shines in the darkness that is some of this..." Erina's mouth twitches "Misguided fervor."

"Of course, it is not enough to simply be the least poor option. We hope to ensure that your help is being appreciated, and if you need assistance to please let me know."

Two Warcats: Ore and Kamu

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2020 10:11 pm 

"Sama is the proper honorific for one of higher status then oneself, is it not? As Naga do not hold status in a way that the people of rokugan do, it is.....A point of ettiquette that has not yet been explored fully, so I ere on the side of caution. But if it is your preference, then Matsu-san it shall be" He listened intently to her words, nodding a little in understanding. "It is a dark time indeed. It is...nice to see the clans coming together, but there is splits in understanding of what is to be done. Some clans are united, others, such as your own, struggle with what lies before them, trying to determine the most honorable course. It seems many of your fellow clanmates have had.....distractions today. Talking outloud. Honored spirits maybe?" A knowing, sad smile.

Carries: Silk clothing, White silk vest that seems to shimmer in the light, several fine bracelets of silver. Travel pack, hunting knife, Yumi (Where Appropriate), Jade Spear (Where Appropriate)

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2020 10:29 pm 

Kayou nods. "But she must be spoken with all the same."

Kayou step forward and bows deeply to the Governor, waiting to be acknowledged before speaking.

"The Usurper shows what sort of being he is by sending mockeries of the honored Ancestor to plague us and infiltrating warriors to attack the city from within. His forces destroy the lands and city that they conquer while his tactics strike at the foundation of our culture."

"Our Empress stands for tradition and truth, she will guide the Heir to becoming a good and proper Emperor. As long as we stand with them and against the dishonorable stratagems of the Usurper."

She bows again and withdraws back to Mogami's side.

OOC: Cutting it close, but a success with 4 raises for the Imperialist cause.

Carries: Prayer Beads, satchel with writing supplies.

Description
Art by Joanne Kwan

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2020 10:59 pm 

"This is true. I will ask for an audience soon then, perhaps tomorrow if I can. "

Mogami listens to the nun address the court and bows her head in respect.

"Your words will give many ideas to meditate on."

Mogami then steps up to say her piece, but she falters halfway through, loosing the attention of those gathered as they find others more important to listen to.

-------
Coutier/Awa+Prodigy+Void, 2 Raises, TN25. Roll: 22

Mogami's Equipment: Battle: Light Armor, Yumi, Quiver w Flesh Cutter Arrows, Daisho
Court: Decent quality kimono and courtiers fan

Budoka's Tsuruga and Fuwa's Eqiupment:
Battle: Ashigaru Armor | Han-Kyu, Quiver w Willow Leaf Arrows | Yari
Court: Kimono

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2020 11:07 pm 

Moto Akemi wrote:
"There is a lot of research into how the buildings work that I honestly could not explain to you. I can explain the kami, and the feeling of flying, but how buildings stand? That's beyond me" Akemi said with a shake of her head "my apology Doji-san. I can say that the buildings have been built for longer than I have been alive. I think Kyuden Doji is hundreds of years old for example!"

She paused as more speaking happened, listening with a small frown.

"There really is such a divide here..."

"I have a hard time keeping track of everything going on, honestly. But yes, there is a lot of arguing going on. It's unfortunate with the threat we face. A united front is really what we need in the face of an incoming army."

Equipment: Daisho, armor, dai-kyu, sake cup, bottle of water, knife, Meushi

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2020 11:39 pm 

Doji Monkhbaatar wrote:
"I have a hard time keeping track of everything going on, honestly. But yes, there is a lot of arguing going on. It's unfortunate with the threat we face. A united front is really what we need in the face of an incoming army."

Akemi lowered her voice, speaking from behind her fan.

"Has it always been like this? I don't understand, why are people speaking on behalf of the Steel Chrysanthemum while defending a city from his armies?"

On person: Pretty kimono, Scroll Satchel, Wakizashi, Fan, calligraphy set & Paper, Tea set (sometimes), Light armour, Han-kyu and arrows(sometimes)

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2020 11:48 pm 

Moto Akemi wrote:
Akemi lowered her voice, speaking from behind her fan.

"Has it always been like this? I don't understand, why are people speaking on behalf of the Steel Chrysanthemum while defending a city from his armies?"

He shakes his head at the confusing concept. "I imagine that they find legitimacy in his claim for the throne, but not in his campaign of war. I don't know. It's a confusing stance to take from my point of view."

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2020 11:54 pm 

Doji Monkhbaatar wrote:
He shakes his head at the confusing concept. "I imagine that they find legitimacy in his claim for the throne, but not in his campaign of war. I don't know. It's a confusing stance to take from my point of view."

"But that doesn't..." Akemi started, before pausing "I think...I will watch for today, and see if I can understand. There are some I recognize here that I hold very highly, and their words are confusing."

On person: Pretty kimono, Scroll Satchel, Wakizashi, Fan, calligraphy set & Paper, Tea set (sometimes), Light armour, Han-kyu and arrows(sometimes)

Last edited by Moto Akemi on Wed Apr 22, 2020 11:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2020 11:57 pm 

Matsu Tani wrote:
Tani tilted her head, perhaps a bit confused. Still, she bowed to the Togashi. Dragon make their living on being confusing. "Thank you for the conversation, Togashi-san. If you ever have other questions, please do not hesitate to approach me. Perhaps it might be easier to do so later outside the confines of court?"

"May, if the opportunity would present itself Matsu Tani-sama I would be most glad to seize it," she said, and bowed.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2020 12:12 am 

Moto Akemi wrote:
"But that doesn't..." Akemi started, before pausing "I think...I will watch for today, and see if I can understand. There are some I recognize here that I hold very highly, and their words are confusing."

"We can only act on behalf of our lords and do what we think is right. For me, not speaking up is likely in my lord's best interest. I'm just not skilled enough with words to aid his cause in such arguments."

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2020 12:15 am 

Doji Monkhbaatar wrote:
"We can only act on behalf of our lords and do what we think is right. For me, not speaking up is likely in my lord's best interest. I'm just not skilled enough with words to aid his cause in such arguments."

"Hai, wise. I don't know what the Unicorn would want here" Akemi frowned slightly "what do you believe is right though?"

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2020 12:22 am 

The Shakanar wrote:
"Sama is the proper honorific for one of higher status then oneself, is it not? As Naga do not hold status in a way that the people of rokugan do, it is.....A point of ettiquette that has not yet been explored fully, so I ere on the side of caution. But if it is your preference, then Matsu-san it shall be" He listened intently to her words, nodding a little in understanding. "It is a dark time indeed. It is...nice to see the clans coming together, but there is splits in understanding of what is to be done. Some clans are united, others, such as your own, struggle with what lies before them, trying to determine the most honorable course. It seems many of your fellow clanmates have had.....distractions today. Talking outloud. Honored spirits maybe?" A knowing, sad smile.

Erina's smile falters for a moment, the Face allowing a glimmer of displeasure. Erina isn't much at lying, and if rumors are this apparent it made sense to lean in.

"Yes. I don't know about the others, but I myself found myself taunted by some sorcery in the form of an ancestor." A twinkle returns to Erina's eyes. "Unfortunately for her, she did not seem to remember the contrary nature that ran in my line, and I feel that it has done more harm than good. Ancestors have a lot of wisdom, but everything deserves to be examined...especially when you know there words come from a place of bias. And their way has clearly done a great deal of harm along with good."

"While I do not know for sure, I believe that it would be on diminishing effect. Izumi-diamyo-dono, the leader of her clan recently returned from a mission to close a portal these abominations have come through and destroyed the blasted artifact that is behind this nightmare."

Two Warcats: Ore and Kamu

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2020 12:27 am 

Moto Akemi wrote:
"Hai, wise. I don't know what the Unicorn would want here" Akemi frowned slightly "what do you believe is right though?"

"I'd tend to put my faith in the one of those three that I know currently and legitimately holds the position as the highest rank in the celestial hierarchy. Whether or not her heir is legitimate, she is still the Empress, which is not up for debate. She was married to the Emperor. We have no means of determining the veracity of any claims against her here."

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2020 12:37 am 

Matsu Erina wrote:
Erina's smile falters for a moment, the Face allowing a glimmer of displeasure. Erina isn't much at lying, and if rumors are this apparent it made sense to lean in.

"Yes. I don't know about the others, but I myself found myself taunted by some sorcery in the form of an ancestor." A twinkle returns to Erina's eyes. "Unfortunately for her, she did not seem to remember the contrary nature that ran in my line, and I feel that it has done more harm than good. Ancestors have a lot of wisdom, but everything deserves to be examined...especially when you know there words come from a place of bias. And their way has clearly done a great deal of harm along with good."

"While I do not know for sure, I believe that it would be on diminishing effect. Izumi-diamyo-dono, the leader of her clan recently returned from a mission to close a portal these abominations have come through and destroyed the blasted artifact that is behind this nightmare."

"I am familiar with....disapproving voices coming to oneself. The naga who reside out of Tausha's Legion are not allied with the empire, and show...disdane and feel we are traitors for doing such. And make it felt through the Akasha. It is a low, upset, disapproving hum that is like a background noise at all times." A faint smile as she described the contrary nature "It is good to think for oneself. While ancestors and those that lived before us have much wisdom, they don't always understand the present circumstances surrounding an issue."

Carries: Silk clothing, White silk vest that seems to shimmer in the light, several fine bracelets of silver. Travel pack, hunting knife, Yumi (Where Appropriate), Jade Spear (Where Appropriate)

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2020 12:41 am 

Doji Monkhbaatar wrote:
"I'd tend to put my faith in the one of those three that I know currently and legitimately holds the position as the highest rank in the celestial hierarchy. Whether or not her heir is legitimate, she is still the Empress, which is not up for debate. She was married to the Emperor. We have no means of determining the veracity of any claims against her here."

"Hai" Akemi replied with a nod, a thoughtful expression on her face "hai. Thank you for your thoughts. I will remember them."

She looked over the rest of the court with the same expression.

"As well as others. You can not command the elements any more than you can command the stars in heaven. You must learn to hear the music of the celestial chorus. Once that is done, you must learn to dance" she quoted seemingly to herself.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 267 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next