It is currently Sat Sep 21, 2024 5:04 pm

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 267 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next
 Post subject: Re: The Lion's Court (D9, Early Afternoon)
PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2020 6:13 pm 

Togashi Tsukimi wrote:
"Each Dragon is a different person," she gave the actress a serene smile in return. "I've not met a Scorpion with red hair before, but there is one here to be the first."

"True, though I wouldn't be surprised to see red hair become more of a rage among my kind." She felt still for a moment, on a serious topic. "I wonder if it would suit me."

Yes. Important things.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2020 6:17 pm 

"I've heard it said that anything suits the beautiful ones," she remarked with a smile.

"... Are you in the city to put on a play, Shosuro-sama? You said you were in an acting troupe?"

“At times, the voice of peace must ring like Thunder.”

Has: Sacred Daisho, Light Armor (battle), necklace of prayer beads (jade), figurine of Jizo, parchment and charcoal, white cowl. Lion tattoo on left arm, Dragon tattoo on left thigh.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2020 6:20 pm 

"Oh? That's just a cop out answer Togashi-sama. A good one though. I'll remember that one when my mother asks me about her latest kimono."

It was a good answer. "Something like that. My troupe is...not together, at the moment, due to reasons. I am putting on a play as requested by Asako-sama though."

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2020 6:32 pm 

She chuckled, enjoying the brief moment of humor in these bleak times.

"Oh? What kind of play? I think some entertainment could be a pleasant distraction these days... or an increase in morale possibly. I know the Crab Clan do such things for troop morale."

Has: Sacred Daisho, Light Armor (battle), necklace of prayer beads (jade), figurine of Jizo, parchment and charcoal, white cowl. Lion tattoo on left arm, Dragon tattoo on left thigh.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2020 6:52 pm 

Yasuki Daisuke wrote:
Retreating from the limelight, Daisuke, for his part, opted to speak in smaller circles. Commenting on the nature of the events, still while throwing his support for the Empress and her son. He nodded in respect for the viewpoint presented by the deceased Emperor's half-brother, but reminded that that same Emperor had also passed on that divine blood to his child.

EA9 - The Lion's Court - Influence - Imperialist Support (Awareness 4, Courtier 3, Rhetoric Emphasis, +1k0 Prodigy, +1k1 VP, 2 Raises, TN25): 9d10ro1o10k5 48 +3 Imperialist Points

The redhead finally rose, deciding to approach the Yasuki with a bow. "Good afternoon, Yasuki-san. Do you mind if I join you?" She asked with a small smile.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2020 7:06 pm 

Togashi Tsukimi wrote:
She chuckled, enjoying the brief moment of humor in these bleak times.

"Oh? What kind of play? I think some entertainment could be a pleasant distraction these days... or an increase in morale possibly. I know the Crab Clan do such things for troop morale."

"It's a play based on a wedding, with a villain and a heroine, and a romance and a warlock. A bit fantastical, but it might ease some minds. Is Togashi-san interested?"

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2020 7:12 pm 

Kasuga Seitouna wrote:
Seitouna nods again.

"Clearly worth looking further into, then. Fortunately, the exercise with Matsu Erina went well, so there should be some goodwill there. And that is in short enough supply at the best of times."

"I believe that I will leave those investigations to those most qualified to conduct them, myself, though I will keep myself available should I be needed." She really wasn't sure what to do about ancestral spirits at all, if they were involved.

Description, Character Image

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2020 7:13 pm 

Matsu Mogami wrote:
"Indeed it is. There could already be multiple agents inside.. When the fighting starts we must be extra vigilant against those who would attempt to disrupt our defense efforts. They glow faintly, so they should be able to spot, but in the chaos of battle I fear it will be something many fail to notice."

"That is something we must try to address before the army arrives," says Kayou.

"Matsu-san, would you be able to help this one gain an audience with the governor?"

Carries: Prayer Beads, satchel with writing supplies.

Description
Art by Joanne Kwan

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2020 7:27 pm 

Mari wrote:
"I believe that I will leave those investigations to those most qualified to conduct them, myself, though I will keep myself available should I be needed." She really wasn't sure what to do about ancestral spirits at all, if they were involved.

Seitouna nods. There's not much more to say on that, really, unless Asakuro has a comment.

Thinking * Speaking Merenae * Speaking Thrane
Generally wears decent kimono & sandals, jitte, wakizashi
Wears extravagant kimono & sandals and wakizashi at court
Almost always has paper and something to write with
Public Profile

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2020 7:31 pm 

Shosuro Sara wrote:
"It's a play based on a wedding, with a villain and a heroine, and a romance and a warlock. A bit fantastical, but it might ease some minds. Is Togashi-san interested?"

"It does sound like a bit of escapism, which could certainly be good these days," she nodded approvingly.

"Interested in watching? Absolutely."

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2020 7:56 pm 

The monk looked about the court, seeing his question had fallen on ears who chose not to listen...or who did not know the answer.

“We tell the tale of heroes to remind ourselves that we also can be great.”

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2020 8:04 pm 

Togashi Tsukimi wrote:

"It does sound like a bit of escapism, which could certainly be good these days," she nodded approvingly.

"Interested in watching? Absolutely."

"Oh, truly?" Sara perked up suddenly. "Do you have an interest in the arts, Togashi-san?"

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2020 8:05 pm 

Matsu Erina wrote:
No one seems to be taking an offense to Erina's statement, nor rushing over to bestow flattery for her. That meant she now had room to move about. She had someone she wanted to speak with.

"Greetings honorable guest." Erina bows respectfully to the Naga. "This one is gladdened by your honorable words in support of the Empress. I am unsure if any of my clan have yet thanked you for your wise words. I am Matsu Erina, of the Lion clan."

He returned t he bow to the proper degree. "I thank you for your kind words Matsu-sama. I am called The Shakanar. I merely attempt to bring harmony to this situation, and guide my allies to the solution that is the least destructive to us all." A faint smile. "Especially as I highly doubt that a man who would kill the emperor would honor the treaty between our peoples."

Carries: Silk clothing, White silk vest that seems to shimmer in the light, several fine bracelets of silver. Travel pack, hunting knife, Yumi (Where Appropriate), Jade Spear (Where Appropriate)

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2020 8:08 pm 

Shosuro Sara wrote:
"Oh, truly?" Sara perked up suddenly. "Do you have an interest in the arts, Togashi-san?"

"I always have an interest in seeing the arts that I am no master in myself, in hopes that how is I will grow more as a person and learn more. The arts is a great source of expression and beauty, and there is wisdom to be found in such," she said, speaking with an almost wistful tone.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2020 8:10 pm 

Togashi Tsukimi wrote:

"I always have an interest in seeing the arts that I am no master in myself, in hopes that how is I will grow more as a person and learn more. The arts is a great source of expression and beauty, and there is wisdom to be found in such," she said, speaking with an almost wistful tone.

"Truly, Togashi-san? Gomen, but I would not have associated the Dragon, especially the Togashi, with theatre." Her eyes were honest with interest. "That is a very wise view, that is sometimes lacking...would Togashi-sama be interested? There is a small role, with no speaking lines..."

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2020 8:10 pm 

Her eyebrows raised slightly. "... Are you offering me a role in the play, Shosuro-sama?"

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2020 8:15 pm 

"Hai! Of course!

"Are you okay playing alongside a Naga?"

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2020 8:22 pm 

She blinked at such a... weird question.

"Yes?"

First time for everything. Acting with a snake for the first time just happened to coincide with acting for the first time.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2020 8:23 pm 

"Good, good! This play will be transcendent, tugging at the fundamental nature of being a samurai, a servant of the Empire, and a vassal of Bushido!"

Wow, she was excited.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2020 8:24 pm 

The Shosuro's exuberance made her laugh softly. "You seem very excited, Shosuro-sama. I'm glad to contribute to such a positive feeling."

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 267 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next