It is currently Sat Sep 21, 2024 1:40 pm

Post subject: Re: [D9 EE] Asahina's Wisdom
PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2020 12:57 am 

"If you truly want o make a difference Bayushi-san, I can do this for you. You must understand though, that with recent events; the murder at Morikage Toshi. the Crane ambassadors murder here, Doji-sama has a lot on her plate."

Tapping her fingers against her leg as she thinks, in a subconsciously remembered pattern, Iko ponders her options carefully.

"If I make this introduction you must be genuine and sincere in your intentions. You have convinced me, though I am but a simple bushi. Doji-sama sees so much more, but also possesses far more insight in these things than I."

Carries: Daisho, Yumi (where appropriate)
Description

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2020 2:23 am 

"I understand perfectly, Togashi-sama. I've no desire to strain anyone's burdens, but your words have offered me much to consider, and if this meeting could bring me a measure of peace and direction, I would be eternally grateful."

Degarashi's eyes returned to scanning the Phoenix shrine, but his gaze, and his mind, was now distant from it.

"Would I need to know anything else going into this meeting? Beyond standard etiquette, that is."

Typically carries: Wakizashi, parchment and charcoal, at least one medicine kit, a dark grey blanket, rope and grappling hook

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2020 2:01 pm 

"Peace can only come from reconciling your inner compass with society. One must give way to the other in order to soothe your soul. Whether it is you or society that needs to change is a question I can't answer for you. But it is a question you should consider before meeting with Doji-sama."

"I assume you are staying at the Scorpion Embassy Bayushi-san? I will send a letter of introduction in the morning, for you to present to Doji-sama when your schedule permits."

Description

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2020 4:55 pm 

Degarashi nodded, already beginning to consider the meaning behind Iko's words, and where he might stand in regards to them. Was the source of all of Degarashi's pain the fault of his parents? Was it the Lion? Or was it something about the world that created them, something that could be changed?

All manner of questions passed by Degarashi's face as he considered this new philosophy, but he didn't voice them yet. Now was not the time. "Hai, Togashi-sama. I am at the Scorpion embassy." He paused, uncertain. "Thank you for this. Maybe I'll finally find some answers that work for me in all this mess."

Typically carries: Wakizashi, parchment and charcoal, at least one medicine kit, a dark grey blanket, rope and grappling hook

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2020 7:46 pm 

Iko smiled at the plain looking man. "To be a samurai is to serve, bit who or what we serve is up to us. Serve your lord, serve the Empire, serve the people. All are different, all are noble."

"I can't promise you'll walk away with answers and not more questions, Bayushi-san. But hopefully you will find your path, and your peace."

Description

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2020 7:50 pm 

"So long as it isn't my final peace, it would be a welcome one. And I'm not averse to questions, so long as they are the correct ones."

Degarashi inclined his head towards Iko in an informal bow. "Congratulations on your performance in today's duel. The heavens seem to have a mighty champion at their beck and call."

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2020 8:14 pm 

Iko offers a dip of her head in acknowledgment of the praise.

"For some of us, our path is straight forward. I have a particular set of skills, and am fortunate enough to serve one who understands how best to use them. I pray that you find such an equal arrangement in this turn of the wheel."

Description

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2020 10:11 pm 

"Mmm, skills that would make you a nightmare for a person like me." There was a pause as he considered that. "Or a great ally, depending on which side I was on. It almost seems that one would do well to heed your words closely. To do otherwise could be... very dangerous indeed."

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2020 10:24 pm 

"One could say the same about sharing secrets with a Scorpion." Iko laughed a little nervously.

"Seek me out again after you meet with Doji-san if you wish Bayushi-san, or maybe we'll catch up at the wrap party for Shosuro-san's play?"

Description

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2020 2:16 am 

"The simplest solution to that problem is to never speak to a Scorpion, but then one misses out on a great deal of excitement."

Degarashi smiled, then nodded. "I shall likely do so, depending on how this meeting proceeds. I'm certain you'll be curious what answers I may find from the encounter."

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2020 2:58 am 

Iko shrugged slightly. "The content of your answers don't intrigue me Bayushi-san, we are all looking for something different. I only hope that you find the right answers for you."

"When the Empire is at war, look for peace within. I hope you find it."

Description

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2020 3:12 am 

Degarashi was silent for a long time, but eventually nodded.

"I hope it's there..."