It is currently Sat Sep 21, 2024 5:08 pm

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 267 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 ... 14  Next
 Post subject: Re: The Lion's Court (D9, Early Afternoon)
PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2020 3:22 pm 

"Togashi Tsukimi, of the Ise Zumi order," she returned the bow politely.

"What is normal for the bird is incomprehensible for the fish."

“At times, the voice of peace must ring like Thunder.”

Has: Sacred Daisho, Light Armor (battle), necklace of prayer beads (jade), figurine of Jizo, parchment and charcoal, white cowl. Lion tattoo on left arm, Dragon tattoo on left thigh.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2020 3:25 pm 

"I'm sorry, but what?" Was the response amid rapid blinking from Sara.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2020 3:30 pm 

"None of this is normal for me," she gestured vaguely to the court as a whole. "But for some, it probably is. The courtiers and functionaries, I imagine."

Has: Sacred Daisho, Light Armor (battle), necklace of prayer beads (jade), figurine of Jizo, parchment and charcoal, white cowl. Lion tattoo on left arm, Dragon tattoo on left thigh.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2020 3:36 pm 

"Well, I am not sure if talking whether the new Emperor should be the widow empress, the one returned from a spirit realm after death, or the Emperor's brother who is not actually a Hantei as a topic of conversation might not be exactly normal for anyone."

She shrugged. "But I'm just a thespian. I might be wrong." She glanced at him. "I hope your kin is doing alright Togashi-san, in these traumatic times."

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2020 3:40 pm 

"From what little I understand of tradition and what has come before, it is a near unprecedented thing to even debate in the courts. The closest we have come to such a crisis before might be with the great Empress Yugozohime..."

But Yugozohime had been a child of a reigning Emperor, in line to succession, even before one added in details such as undoing the conspiracy that had puppeteered her father.

"As well as one can be in such trying times." Even the Dragon had become a little fractured, it seemed to her, in where to stand in this. "What of the Scorpion, Shosuro-sama?"

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2020 3:45 pm 

Mari wrote:
"Ah yes so that explains much... One such as yourself would probably have been a welcome guest in any great court such as that." At least as little as she knew such things. The court of a gokenin was the largest she ever knew, and calling that a court was ... a bit of an understatement.

Kasuga Asakuro wrote:
"As welcome as one who carries the Shell on their back would be, at least, though surprisingly more welcoming than others," he responded with a nod, still continuing to scan the assembled crowd as he lowered his voice to continue.

Seitouna, whose player had been away, had nodded along to the conversation between his kinsman and his ronin friend as he continued to write.
Quote:
The words regarding Seppun Kato continued to be a source of contention as the man's own sister, Yogo Sukima, stepped forward and spoke against them. She did not question the role of the shisha, who but delivers the message commanded, but belied the allegations against Hantei Tokiyo and her child. Seppun Horonigai attempted to argue against the idea, faltering in her focus on the messenger and not the message; there is no doubt that the shisha reported faithfully, only that the report accurately relayed was itself correct. That Otomo Ryuji stepped forward to affirm more support for the Empress did not improve the Seppun's performance, and I have to wonder if she knew that would be the case when she entered court wearing white.

Thinking * Speaking Merenae * Speaking Thrane
Generally wears decent kimono & sandals, jitte, wakizashi
Wears extravagant kimono & sandals and wakizashi at court
Almost always has paper and something to write with
Public Profile

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2020 3:48 pm 

"Well, I am sure the Ikoma and Asako will relish this opportunity." Her voice was slightly sour. "The Scorpion are..doing well, overall. Recent events have been a pain to us as well. Everyone's tense and not making the best decision, in my humble opinion." She sighed.

"Couple that with the news today..."

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2020 4:08 pm 

"Mm," she nodded, understanding.

"Troubling news indeed... it seems to have shook things up quite considerably. But it's good to see that many still stand on the side of good. Such as your kinswoman, Yogo Sukima-sama."

She had found the speech of the Emperor's sister to be particularly touching.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2020 4:13 pm 

"Hai. Yogo-sama is quite eloquent." She smiled fondly. "It was a good speech. Sad, that it was needed." She sighed. "I will be honest, I haven't met many Dragons or Togashi so far in my travels." She looked onto Tsukimi with curiosity. "Especially not one with blades."

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2020 4:55 pm 

Retreating from the limelight, Daisuke, for his part, opted to speak in smaller circles. Commenting on the nature of the events, still while throwing his support for the Empress and her son. He nodded in respect for the viewpoint presented by the deceased Emperor's half-brother, but reminded that that same Emperor had also passed on that divine blood to his child.

EA9 - The Lion's Court - Influence - Imperialist Support (Awareness 4, Courtier 3, Rhetoric Emphasis, +1k0 Prodigy, +1k1 VP, 2 Raises, TN25): 9d10ro1o10k5 48 +3 Imperialist Points

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2020 5:15 pm 

Togashi Mai wrote:
"May, it is their goal that I think most would be most happy to see and in such I find the merit. Yet, such as it is, a path has yet been chosen, an army yet marches, and lives are yet in danger. What may be, may be, and we are yet left here to discuss and wonder after it," Mai said, glancing off toward the room in general.

"However, I have taken up much of your time Matsu Tani-sama," she bows, "and I would thank you for it. If there is naught you would need of me I find myself most satisfied as of yet and would not take up your time further needlessly."

Tani tilted her head, perhaps a bit confused. Still, she bowed to the Togashi. Dragon make their living on being confusing. "Thank you for the conversation, Togashi-san. If you ever have other questions, please do not hesitate to approach me. Perhaps it might be easier to do so later outside the confines of court?"

Glorious Death in battle is never untimely.

Equipment: Daisho, Kimono (functional or exceptional, depending on situation), Finger of Jade (hanging on a necklace around her neck), heavy armor (when appropriate), Fan, Bisento (when appropriate)

Description

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2020 5:22 pm 

Kasuga Asakuro wrote:
"Mmm, so you likely also heard the outburst from that one among the Lion - no doubt that when one roars there are others in the horizon that will roar in response. A most grave accusation and insult levied against a rare Empress of their stock, however, so quite understandable. From among those that carry their mon proudly and pridefully, however... as said, at least it was understood for what it was by all in the crowd, but as one wandered the streets this morning there were some strange peculiarities among them. While shopping for some fresh greens for a peafowl that had come into this one's possession, I overheard the same argument being made by one of the same clan, only... only they were shouting from an alley that, when this one peered into, had no other about but them as if they were arguing it to none but themselves, only quite aloud. A curious thing," he described of the scene that he had come across.

She considered that while Seitouna took his note, frowning. That was... not good. That was really not good. "I do not know what that might mean. Perhaps the stress of the situation is getting to us all a little, and they are taking to rehearsing their speeches in what they think is private?" she hazarded. "I know that I must admit that i need to prepare before coming here."

She didn't sound like she believed a word of that, but it was a nice explanation.

Description, Character Image

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2020 5:26 pm 

Kashiwagi listened and found a place to observe.

OOC: PM if approached.

Status: 4.0 | Glory: 10.0 | Infamy: .4 | Honor: Untrustworthy
Carried: Wakizashi, Black Fancy Clothing, Chop, Writ of the Asako Inquisitors, Maho Warding Amulet, Jade Amulet, Trash Queen (Tabby Cat)

TN 0 to be Recognized.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2020 5:27 pm 

Mari wrote:
She didn't sound like she believed a word of that, but it was a nice explanation.

"One wonders," Seitouna puts in, cupping his mouth in an observational posture once again, "if it has somewhat to do with a set of visitors I marked, along with others, last night. Matsu Erina was of the opinion that returned ancestors were in the city; one wonders if there might not have been more such acting that were not so visible to others' eyes.

"For the Lion are close to their ancestors, more than most."

Public Profile

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2020 5:42 pm 

Kasuga Seitouna wrote:
"One wonders," Seitouna puts in, cupping his mouth in an observational posture once again, "if it has somewhat to do with a set of visitors I marked, along with others, last night. Matsu Erina was of the opinion that returned ancestors were in the city; one wonders if there might not have been more such acting that were not so visible to others' eyes.

"For the Lion are close to their ancestors, more than most."

She doubted her ancestors would have given her the time of day, personally, but she nodded. "If the escaped spirits of Toshigoku are an indication, it ... could be that. I am not, however, enough of an expert to know. And on that, I would not wish to speak without knowledge."

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2020 5:44 pm 

Mari wrote:
She doubted her ancestors would have given her the time of day, personally, but she nodded. "If the escaped spirits of Toshigoku are an indication, it ... could be that. I am not, however, enough of an expert to know. And on that, I would not wish to speak without knowledge."

Seitouna nods.

"Good advice in all matters, really, though not heeded as often as would be hoped."

He shrugs, letting his hand fall away.

"But I have rarely been accused of wisdom."

And his shoulders shake, once, in a bit of a laugh.

Public Profile

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2020 5:54 pm 

"Preparations of speeches for court could be it, Mari-san, but one would have thought such practice in rhetoric would take place in the dry comforts of one's home or one's living space. This was witnessed in an uncovered alleyway, pouring rain and all, all on their lonesome, and if the whispers I have heard are to be believed, they were not alone in such activity either," Asakuro described further while continuing to look outward.

"Wasn't there one in court the other day that made mention of such a confrontation with one? Far be it from me to speak further on that front and what it all means, however, for matters of Spirit are also quite outside my understanding and expertise and the kami speak not to me," he added with a nod.

Carries: Fan, personal seal, wakizashi, chopsticks, water bottle, kiseru, small knife, sake cup
Sometimes featuring now: Mamoru the Frazzled Peafowl!
Language Colors: MerenaeThrane
Profile!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2020 5:57 pm 

"The same woman who had the outburst before the Miya," she said very carefully considering that Mogami was in the room. "Her passions are worn on her sleeve at times, I think, like many Matsu. They are a people who rage like fire at times. When she spoke against the Steel Chrysanthemum, she came fresh from battle against a judged spirit."

That certainly increased the likelihood of there being an actual bit of trouble with spirits being involved, but it was hard to say for sure.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2020 5:58 pm 

Shosuro Sara wrote:
"Hai. Yogo-sama is quite eloquent." She smiled fondly. "It was a good speech. Sad, that it was needed." She sighed. "I will be honest, I haven't met many Dragons or Togashi so far in my travels." She looked onto Tsukimi with curiosity. "Especially not one with blades."

"Each Dragon is a different person," she gave the actress a serene smile in return. "I've not met a Scorpion with red hair before, but there is one here to be the first."

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2020 6:10 pm 

Kasuga Asakuro wrote:
"Wasn't there one in court the other day that made mention of such a confrontation with one? Far be it from me to speak further on that front and what it all means, however, for matters of Spirit are also quite outside my understanding and expertise and the kami speak not to me," he added with a nod.

Mari wrote:
"The same woman who had the outburst before the Miya," she said very carefully considering that Mogami was in the room. "Her passions are worn on her sleeve at times, I think, like many Matsu. They are a people who rage like fire at times. When she spoke against the Steel Chrysanthemum, she came fresh from battle against a judged spirit."

Seitouna nods again.

"Clearly worth looking further into, then. Fortunately, the exercise with Matsu Erina went well, so there should be some goodwill there. And that is in short enough supply at the best of times."

Public Profile

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 267 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 ... 14  Next