It is currently Sat Sep 21, 2024 3:32 pm

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 127 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 Post subject: Re: Uncomfortable Truths (D9, Late Morning)
PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2020 12:32 am 

"That is greatly appreciated," Monkhbaatar replies with a bow. "These are trying times and friends are a welcome blessing in them."

Equipment: Daisho, armor, dai-kyu, sake cup, bottle of water, knife, Meushi

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2020 1:35 am 

Bayushi Degarashi wrote:
Degarashi didn't sound particularly certain of that, but was distracted by the other comment.

"I believe she'll recover, both from the trauma and the hangover. I'm doing well enough in that latter regard myself. You were right, by the way." He turned to stare at a particularly interesting leaf. "Properly warmed bedrolls really are the best."

Nagiko nods. She just fanned herself normally ignoring the kind of direct way that Degarashi just kind of admitted of certain action happening.

'' Indeed. Well, i will pray for her prontly recovery as well, Bayushi-san.'' She said to him no needing to further pry on that particular topic, not in public at least. Nagiko now points with her fan towards the leaf that Degarashi is looking at. '' Anything interesting there, Bayushi-san?'' She asked also looking at the leaf now.

Carries: Daisho, Extravagant Clothes, Light-Armor (when appropiate), Fan, Mantis' silk and spices
Profile|Theme 2!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2020 1:43 am 

"Nothing so interesting as I'd initially thought, Nagiko-san, the color just seemed strange for a moment." He turned back towards her. Or maybe he did. The strawman act he was putting on made it difficult to be certain

"How has Nagiko-san fared since the evacuation? I've not had the pleasure of your company for some time now."

Typically carries: Wakizashi, parchment and charcoal, at least one medicine kit, a dark grey blanket, rope and grappling hook

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2020 2:19 am 

'' I have been fine, thanks for asking. '' She replied to him with a smile. '' Nothing weird or strange has happened to me since we left Toshi no Omoidoso.'' She adds.

'' The only thing outside of normalcy are these news to be honest.'' She shrugs, refering to the Miya anouncement. '' Outside of it, there's no much to be said.''

Carries: Daisho, Extravagant Clothes, Light-Armor (when appropiate), Fan, Mantis' silk and spices
Profile|Theme 2!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2020 3:14 am 

"I can't imagine how much I'd want said on top of what was just announced. The damage of that maneuver is going to roll throughout the empire for years, without even considering the damage caused by the returned armies." Degarashi shook his head. "It's terrifyingly brilliant."

Typically carries: Wakizashi, parchment and charcoal, at least one medicine kit, a dark grey blanket, rope and grappling hook

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2020 3:22 am 

Moto Akemi wrote:
"Baatar-san, it hasn't been that long. Have you forgotten all of the lessons already?" Akemi said softly, shaking her head "it's a public location, one shouldn't display their bodies."

"Oh, umm, right. Sorry," Baatar said awkwardly, dropping his hands from his neck. "There were, you know, a lot of etiquette lessons."
Mari wrote:
"It is fine. He was a good patient, and caused little fuss when I tended to his care yesterday. The water kami are ... exuberant of late. I have found that where this rain continues to fall, they at least are more at ease."

"Yes, right, the rain, ha ha," the young Unicorn echoed inanely, glad to change the subject from etiquette. "Isn't it strange how much it has been raining? At least the snow is over."

"Um, has it been raining since before we got here, Akemi?" he asked. "Or did you just arrive in Nikesake too?"

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2020 2:04 pm 

"I was hoping I would be a good enough teacher that you would remember them" Akemi said with a chuckle "however hai, there was a lot in a short space of time. You have come far Baatar-san, I'm proud of you."

She gave the boy a smile before looking to Mari again.

"The water kami are singing right now, something is making them extra excited. I'm not the strongest in the Water Kami but even I can feel it" Akemi nodded thoughtfully "it isn't raining as hard outside the city as it is inside, which is also strange. I travelled here with Otaku Samara-san who was directing Ashigaru to this city. I arrived this morning."

On person: Pretty kimono, Scroll Satchel, Wakizashi, Fan, calligraphy set & Paper, Tea set (sometimes), Light armour, Han-kyu and arrows(sometimes)

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2020 3:40 pm 

Bayushi Degarashi wrote:
"I can't imagine how much I'd want said on top of what was just announced. The damage of that maneuver is going to roll throughout the empire for years, without even considering the damage caused by the returned armies." Degarashi shook his head. "It's terrifyingly brilliant."

'' Indeed it is. '' She said covering her features with her fan. '' I wonder what will the Lion clan will think about it, though probably it will be a similar reaction to what some lions have been displaying here...''

'' We already know what they are capable of, speaking of the Crane incident, perhaps this city is no longer safe for you Bayushi-san.'' She shrugs.

Profile|Theme 2!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2020 4:24 pm 

Degarashi inhaled deeply, just so that he could snort for an extra amount of time beyond what he was normally known for. "It's never safe for a Scorpion in any place, Nagiko-san, and it wounds me that you'd express such a lack of faith in my talents. If I need to disappear, I can disappear, and if being Degarashi becomes too dangerous within the city, I shall simply cease to be Degarashi within the city. But I should never be so brazen as to flee out of a simple fear for my life, I'm far too loyal for that."

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2020 5:24 pm 

Moto Akemi wrote:
"I was hoping I would be a good enough teacher that you would remember them" Akemi said with a chuckle "however hai, there was a lot in a short space of time. You have come far Baatar-san, I'm proud of you."

She gave the boy a smile before looking to Mari again.

"The water kami are singing right now, something is making them extra excited. I'm not the strongest in the Water Kami but even I can feel it" Akemi nodded thoughtfully "it isn't raining as hard outside the city as it is inside, which is also strange. I travelled here with Otaku Samara-san who was directing Ashigaru to this city. I arrived this morning."

Great. More Unicorn.

She breathed in and out before nodding. "The surrounding region of Nikesake is not nearly so wet. A considerable space is rained upon, but the clouds linger in a way that is not normal. Something has affected this place. From the little whispers, some say a Dragon is involved, but I've yet to see the proof of that. Such beings are far above us."

Description, Character Image

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2020 7:31 pm 

Bayushi Degarashi wrote:
Degarashi inhaled deeply, just so that he could snort for an extra amount of time beyond what he was normally known for. "It's never safe for a Scorpion in any place, Nagiko-san, and it wounds me that you'd express such a lack of faith in my talents. If I need to disappear, I can disappear, and if being Degarashi becomes too dangerous within the city, I shall simply cease to be Degarashi within the city. But I should never be so brazen as to flee out of a simple fear for my life, I'm far too loyal for that."

'' Gomen. Maybe my choice of words were not the best ones, Bayushi-san.'' She bowed to him. '' I was just merely remarking that this place has become unsafe even to those that by logic, treaties or promises should be protected and respected, like ambassadors.''

'' This was not an attack or criticism on your skills, it was merely an observation. But if my words were confusing or you felt offended by them i apologize.'' She bowed again.

Profile|Theme 2!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2020 7:41 pm 

"Merely attempting to add some levity to an otherwise dire situation, Nagiko-san, worry not. No offense was offered or accepted, though the current state of affairs does lend itself well to jumping at shadows."

Degarashi turned to look at the crowd around him, not just the samurai, but those often overlooked by their betters, and found that trepidation cared little for status and rank this day. "It really should be different than this, shouldn't it? All this chaos and fear spread so far across so many. I have a friend that might say one would wish to disrupt the waters before diving in from a dangerous height. I can only hope we find ourselves prepared for the wake of that entry."

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2020 9:02 pm 

Moto Akemi wrote:
"it isn't raining as hard outside the city as it is inside, which is also strange. I travelled here with Otaku Samara-san who was directing Ashigaru to this city. I arrived this morning."

"Oh really? I don't think I know Otaku Samara," Baatar said. "Did you come here with a lot of reinforcements? We sure could use more horsemen here; the Lion hardly have any at all."

Mari wrote:
"The surrounding region of Nikesake is not nearly so wet. A considerable space is rained upon, but the clouds linger in a way that is not normal. Something has affected this place. From the little whispers, some say a Dragon is involved, but I've yet to see the proof of that. Such beings are far above us."

"That's really weird," Baatar said thoughtfully. "Something like that was happening in Toshi no Omoidoso too, where it was snowing extra hard over the city. You think a Dragon is involved? What makes you say that?"

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2020 9:10 pm 

Mari wrote:
"The surrounding region of Nikesake is not nearly so wet. A considerable space is rained upon, but the clouds linger in a way that is not normal. Something has affected this place. From the little whispers, some say a Dragon is involved, but I've yet to see the proof of that. Such beings are far above us."

"A Dragon? That would be a...." Akemi paused, thoughtful "I actually don't know. I feel like having a Dragon watching over us should be a good omen. Perhaps the blessed rain is to wash away the fear that the kami have have, so the water kami can stand ready to help us? Water kami are among the best healers after all."

Moto Baatar wrote:
"Oh really? I don't think I know Otaku Samara," Baatar said. "Did you come here with a lot of reinforcements? We sure could use more horsemen here; the Lion hardly have any at all."

"That's because very few operate like us Baatar-san. Most clans don't use horses like that at least, more for travel purposes. Sadly I don't believe many that traveled here are horse riders, more Ashigaru to shore up the ranks in case of a siege. I think at least, I'm not a fighter as you know."

On person: Pretty kimono, Scroll Satchel, Wakizashi, Fan, calligraphy set & Paper, Tea set (sometimes), Light armour, Han-kyu and arrows(sometimes)

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2020 9:15 pm 

"It has been related to me by shugenja of other clans that it is likely the dragon of Water's influence. I have little reason to doubt their sincerity," she said, shaking her head firmly. "The influence of this rain following you speaks to the dragon's presence as it sits above us, maintaining the balance during the conflict that rises. But I do not know how long it will last."

Or how much more the roads could take. It would bog war down to a crawl. The archers would have a field day.

Description, Character Image

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2020 12:26 am 

Bayushi Degarashi wrote:
"Merely attempting to add some levity to an otherwise dire situation, Nagiko-san, worry not. No offense was offered or accepted, though the current state of affairs does lend itself well to jumping at shadows."

Degarashi turned to look at the crowd around him, not just the samurai, but those often overlooked by their betters, and found that trepidation cared little for status and rank this day. "It really should be different than this, shouldn't it? All this chaos and fear spread so far across so many. I have a friend that might say one would wish to disrupt the waters before diving in from a dangerous height. I can only hope we find ourselves prepared for the wake of that entry."

Nagiko nods. '' Well, beyond the fear, personally i don't mind the state of affairs. It makes all more much interesting.'' She offered a smile. '' While there's is more risk of, i don't know, dying. We samurai live at the edge so, a bit of chaos makes somethings much more vivid.''

'' But i'm strange, so probably it is only me who feels that way, haha'' She laughed a bit.

Profile|Theme 2!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2020 12:49 am 

"Ah, true, one certainly can't say it isn't an exciting time to live in, that's for sure." He eyed the Mantis quietly for a moment. "We are all of us strange in our own ways, are we not? Samurai are supposed to keep their emotions contained within, yet I offer tales of humor, looking to crack through that defense at every opportunity. Is that not its own manner of strange?" Degarashi joined Nagiko in her laughter. "Honestly, Nagiko-san, you say it like it's a bad thing."

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2020 12:59 am 

Mari wrote:
"It has been related to me by shugenja of other clans that it is likely the dragon of Water's influence. I have little reason to doubt their sincerity," she said, shaking her head firmly. "The influence of this rain following you speaks to the dragon's presence as it sits above us, maintaining the balance during the conflict that rises. But I do not know how long it will last."

"Well, maybe the rain will help our defenses," Baatar said optimistically. "It'll be harder for the enemy to attack us during bad weather. Maybe we should offer thanks to the Water Dragon for looking after us. What do Dragons like to eat, anyway? Should we offer it a sheep or something?"

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2020 1:07 am 

Akemi went to answer, then paused.

"I...do not know if they need to eat at all. These are divine beings after all. However, you can offer your prayers of thanks at the temples, which they will welcome. I assume there are some here, ne?"

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2020 1:36 am 

Bayushi Degarashi wrote:
"Ah, true, one certainly can't say it isn't an exciting time to live in, that's for sure." He eyed the Mantis quietly for a moment. "We are all of us strange in our own ways, are we not? Samurai are supposed to keep their emotions contained within, yet I offer tales of humor, looking to crack through that defense at every opportunity. Is that not its own manner of strange?" Degarashi joined Nagiko in her laughter. "Honestly, Nagiko-san, you say it like it's a bad thing."

'' Well i'm not a mainlander nor a great clan samurai, so, we are different from you in that regard.'' She shrugs. '' To most of you, if i must correct myself, since we do have some similarities with our Crab cousins for obvious reasons. I guess it is part of our way of life in a kobune. When you are on the seas i guess there's far less space for emotion containment''

'' Though i guess there are exceptions...'' She pointed with her fan to Degarashi. '' Indeed i found interesting how your art manages to, how to say it, reveal some uncomfortable truths to those that are watching it, neh?''

Profile|Theme 2!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 127 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next