It is currently Sat Sep 21, 2024 5:07 pm

Post subject: [D9 EN Scorpion Embassy] A long day's night
PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2020 5:20 pm 

Sara gently scratched Sukima's door, still clad in court attire. "Yogo-sam, are you awake? Or would you like to rest"

Post subject: Re: [D9 EN Scorpion Embassy] A long day's night
PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2020 5:26 pm 

Sukima answered the door dressed down to a thin underkimono with an only slightly thicker one draped over it and loosely tied. Her hair is down, flowing to her calves in a crimson river unimpeded. She gave a want smile. "As long as you don't mind the state of undress, it's fine, Shosuro-san. Please, come in," she said, stepping aside. "Tea will take a bit of time to prepare. I have sake, as well."

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2020 5:37 pm 

Sara bowed. "Ie, don't bother yourself for my account. Sake is fine." She smiled as she moved. She slowly removed her mask as she stepped in, placing it an appropriate place. "Your hair is magnificent Yogo-sama. I would wish to have such a prize. And please, call me Sara, Yogo-sama."

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2020 5:46 pm 

Sukima chuckled. "Thank you, though I wouldn't recommend longer than the top of the thighs if expectations and propriety give one a choice," she replied with a soft chuckle, opening the bottle and pouring a cup for each of them. "Sara-san, then. You're welcome to call me Sukima if you wish. What brings you here this evening?"

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2020 5:48 pm 

"Please, Sara-chan. I miss the informality of my collegues." She smiled and took a sip of sake. "Arigatou Suki-sama. I will trust your experience. Perhaps my hair will continue to grow, while I am cut off from a chance of proper grooming."

She eyed the woman in front of her, a soft smile playing on her lips. "Does Suki-sama have a comb? I lost mine, sadly."

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2020 6:01 pm 

Suki-sama. There was a unique mix of the formal and informal.

She smiled a little, rising and retrieving her comb. It's emerald green laquered, inlaid with a gold chrysanthemum. "I've had this one since I was a little girl. Do you want to use it yourself, or shall I on your hair?"

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2020 6:05 pm 

"Oh, it's beautiful Suki-sama." She accepted the comb, her fingers tracing all the details. After Sukmia sits down, she stands up to move behind her, taking some strands of red hair into her hand as she started slowly combing through it.

"I made you get up Suki-sama, your poor hair has been disturbed. It's the least I can do to keep it straight." She fell silent for a short while.

"How is Suki-sama feeling? Currently?"

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2020 6:25 pm 

She smiled a little. "It was a gift from my father before he passed."

She was surprised as Sara sat down and started combing her hair instead. Part of her mind, the one that wasn't full of old Kitsu yelling at her, tried to convince her to relax her usual paranoia. "... A little overwhelmed. I'm trying not to let it drive me crazy.."

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2020 7:20 pm 

"Oh, it suits you quite much." She continued combing through the red hair, untangling what she could find, enjoying the silky texture.

"You're a Yogo now Suki-sama. You can afford to be a little crazy. Just look at Yogo Aya."

Reassurance!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2020 7:26 pm 

Sukima closed her eyes, enjoying the feeling of her hair being combed. "I get plenty of crazy just living at Shiro no Ukime during the summer months," she noted with a small laugh.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2020 7:30 pm 

"Oh? Would you like to tell me about it? It sounds like an interesting place." She continued for a while, before taking a break and putting her left hand on her shoulder, gently squeezing. "You must relax Suki-sama, your Duty will thank you for it."

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2020 1:35 am 

"Well, we have a bear that lives in the house, and acts as a yojimbo to the... many children now filling the halls," she chuckled softly. She tried to take a deep breath and let it out slowly. "I don't remember the last time I fully relaxed. Too many questions."

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2020 8:17 am 

"A.....bear?" Sara seemed to be dumbstruck. "Like...on a leash? In a petting zoo?" That occupied her mind, but she slowly forced herself back to the present, and started on combing the hair again.

"Hai, I understand. It is a tense times, but Suki-sama is doing an admirable job. It is difficult work, but I am proud of you, neh? Especially today."

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2020 8:40 am 

"No, we don't keep him on a leash," she replied with a smile. "He's either very well trained or something out of Chikushudo, I haven't fully decided which."

She smiled a little at the compliment. "Thank you, Sara-san. I... believed strongly in what I said. It was a conclusion that took some soul searching to come to."

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2020 8:58 am 

Sara hmm-ed at the thought of a trained or spirit bear.

Yogo are weird.

"Ie, it's a simple compliment to make when true. We as a Clan sometime prefer illusions and mirages over the plain truth, but it can still be a weapon as deadly as any other.2

She found a knot, and started pulling stronger and stronger. "Gomen!"

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2020 9:21 am 

"It's a useful weapon when the enemy decides to turn illusions and lies against us," she noted, then sighed. "I don't know what Bayushi-sama has in mind with this betrothal..."

She winced a little, then chuckled. "It's inevitable once it gets too long. I'm used to it. It helps to work from the bottom of the tangle up and hold onto the hair just above it so it doesn't pull on the scalp."

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2020 11:45 am 

"Ah, I see." She switched, following the method suggested by Sukima.

"Gomen, my hair is rarely long. If it gets too long, it's more hassle for the stage, so I don't let it grow out too long." It seems that the tangle was defeated.

"Neither do I, Suki-sama. He must have his reasons, but I would be calmer if we knew them."

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2020 5:42 pm 

The redhead laughed. "No need to apologise. It is an incredible hassle, you're right."

She shook her head gently, trying not to undo Sara's work with it. "Sorry... I guess it's difficult to escape thinking about politics right now for me. I'd offer to spring for sordid gossip instead, but..." She waved a hand. "My half brother has managed to make sordid gossip into politics."

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2020 6:17 pm 

Yogo Sukima wrote:
The redhead laughed. "No need to apologise. It is an incredible hassle, you're right."

She shook her head gently, trying not to undo Sara's work with it. "Sorry... I guess it's difficult to escape thinking about politics right now for me. I'd offer to spring for sordid gossip instead, but..." She waved a hand. "My half brother has managed to make sordid gossip into politics."

"But it's soooooooo pretty." She continued her combing efforts, slow and gentle. "Do you think red hair might suit me Suki-sama?"

She hmmm-ed as she spoke. "Seppun Kato-sama?"

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2020 6:26 pm 

She smiled. "I'd have to interrupt your very pleasant work to give a good judgment on that. Do you mind?"

"That's him."