It is currently Sat Sep 21, 2024 12:08 pm

Post subject: [D9, LE] Catching Up, Bath ed. (expecting)
PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2020 8:56 pm 

Slipping into the baths after rinsing off, Yasuki Yukarin looked around expectantly; There was almost no one here, perhaps not a surprise since it was after sunset. But even amongst them, she did not see the person she was looking for yet. She hoped the Mantis had gotten her letter and wasn't too busy...

Honor: Expected | Glory: 1.0 | Infamy 0.1 | Status: 1.0
carries: wakizashi, dice & cup, heirloom jewelry, pearl & jade necklace, tiny Daikoku statue, coin purse, hand fan, silk umbrella, bottle of Golden Carp, sake cups, personal seal

Post subject: Re: [D9, LE] Catching Up, Bath ed. (expecting)
PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2020 1:27 am 

And the mantis did get the letter and indeed arrived to the onsen in order to meet the Yasuki Ki-rin.

As always Nagiko undresed in the dressing room, picked up a wooden bucket and a small towel and proceeded to the pools. There she noticed that Yukarin was already here.

'' I hope that i did not make you wait long, Yasuki-san'' Nagiko said to her. '' If so please forgive me.'' She bowed to her.

Carries: Daisho, Extravagant Clothes, Light-Armor (when appropiate), Fan, Mantis' silk and spices
Profile|Theme 2!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2020 2:32 am 

A smile spread across the Yasuki woman's expressive face as she turned to look at where the voice was coming from, shaking her head a bit, "Iie; I have only just gotten in really. Please, take a seat next to me whenever you're ready; I don't want to rush you, getting the chance to relax after such a long and rainy day like this one."

carries: wakizashi, dice & cup, heirloom jewelry, pearl & jade necklace, tiny Daikoku statue, coin purse, hand fan, silk umbrella, bottle of Golden Carp, sake cups, personal seal

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2020 8:10 am 

'' I'm glad.'' Nagiko offered a smile as she prepared. She goes to the waters of the onsen and with her wooden bucket collected some of it, just outside. Poured it onto her body and started to cleanse it outside before entering the pools.

'' So, how have you been Yasuki-san? How has this new city treated you?'' She asked while rubbing the water. '' I hope that everything has been fine for you?''

Carries: Daisho, Extravagant Clothes, Light-Armor (when appropiate), Fan, Mantis' silk and spices
Profile|Theme 2!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2020 9:18 am 

"Things have been nice enough so far, weather not withstanding. Nikesake itself is quite lovely... altogether seems like a place I'd have rather spent my winter than Toshi no Omoidoso. Not that I don't wish all the best for that city in what it's going through... I'll admit to have forming a bit of an attachment to it, and not just financially."

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2020 3:34 pm 

'' I see. '' Nagiko says as she finally enters the onsen waters. '' Financially? Have you had been trading here Yasuki-san?'' She asked with curiosity. '' Have you been trading products with the Lion?''

Profile|Theme 2!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2020 5:20 pm 

“When Lord Moon hits your eye like a Hida samurai, that’s a true bae! When the world seems to shine like you’ve had too much plum wine, that’s a true bae. Bells will ring ting-a-ling-a-ling, ting-a-ling-aling! And you’ll sing, I’m lucky a fella… hearts will play tippy-tippy-tay, tippy-tippy-tay, like a… good umbrella?” Kashiwagi sang as he got prepared for the bath and then entered once properly cleansed.

He said joyfully pouring sake for himself, “A beautiful night for the living!”

Status: 4.0 | Glory: 10.0 | Infamy: .4 | Honor: Untrustworthy
Carried: Wakizashi, Black Fancy Clothing, Chop, Writ of the Asako Inquisitors, Maho Warding Amulet, Jade Amulet, Trash Queen (Tabby Cat)

TN 0 to be Recognized.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2020 5:34 pm 

Ryuji appeared to join the bath and was a bit surprised seeing the pool was busy. He made his preparations, bowed to everyone and eased into a joining pool.

Honor: Untrustworthy • Glory: 2.0 • Status: 3.5

Theme

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2020 5:48 pm 

Yukarin blinks as she glances back at the singing, but turns to Nagiko to answer her while it goes on, "Oh, not here so much; I meant back in Toshi no Omoidoso. I was sent to the winter court there this year to secure trade deals for local goods the Crab have in short supply. I was looking over things in the market earlier to see what might be interesting here, but things as they are are a bit chaotic and unrepresentative of the normal supply and demand situation. I also don't have the backing of set aside trade goods to do anything official here."

Asako Kashiwagi wrote:
He said joyfully pouring sake for himself, “A beautiful night for the living!”

"And may they continue to be so!" she chimed in before turning back to the Mantis woman.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2020 5:50 pm 

"They say the nights are long and dark and full of terrors," he said with a smirk.

"Surely they did not live to see such dark times that we live in now, but there is light when the dawn finally comes."

Carried: Wakizashi, Black Fancy Clothing, Chop, Writ of the Asako Inquisitors, Maho Warding Amulet, Jade Amulet, Trash Queen (Tabby Cat)

TN 0 to be Recognized.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2020 7:27 pm 

Nagiko bowed to the men that had arrived, as etiquette dictates. '' Asako-sama, Otomo-sama. I hope you had been blessed by Inari-no-kami today.'' Then she turned to speak with the Crab Ki-rin.

Yasuki Yukarin wrote:
Yukarin blinks as she glances back at the singing, but turns to Nagiko to answer her while it goes on, "Oh, not here so much; I meant back in Toshi no Omoidoso. I was sent to the winter court there this year to secure trade deals for local goods the Crab have in short supply. I was looking over things in the market earlier to see what might be interesting here, but things as they are are a bit chaotic and unrepresentative of the normal supply and demand situation. I also don't have the backing of set aside trade goods to do anything official here."

'' Interesting. What kind of goods do your clan has in short supply, if i might ask, Yasuki-san? I'm not a merchant myself but maybe i could see if i could arrange for a trade deal with our cousins of the Crab clan.'' Nagiko said.

Profile|Theme 2!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2020 7:41 pm 

Nagiko wrote:
'' Interesting. What kind of goods do your clan has in short supply, if I might ask, Yasuki-san? I'm not a merchant myself but maybe I could see if I could arrange for a trade deal with our cousins of the Crab clan.'' Nagiko said.

Yukarin didn't mind anyone hearing this, so she replied as normal, "The most pressing needs tend to be non-iron metals. Especially copper and tin; They're used for a lot of things like cooking vessels, yari heads, ashigaru armor fasteners... There are other things of course like paper goods, silk, spices, and so forth, but many of those are secondary luxuries."

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2020 8:06 pm 

Yasuki Yukarin wrote:
Yukarin didn't mind anyone hearing this, so she replied as normal, "The most pressing needs tend to be non-iron metals. Especially copper and tin; They're used for a lot of things like cooking vessels, yari heads, ashigaru armor fasteners... There are other things of course like paper goods, silk, spices, and so forth, but many of those are secondary luxuries."

'' Hmm, i don't think our clan produces any non-iron metals besides gold and silver.'' Nagiko says. '' Though we do produce luxury goods like silk, spices, which are known to the empire, but also gemstones and precious coral.'' She said to the Yasuki.

'' Fruits are also one of our assets. Though from what you had said, those are secondary to what your are looking for.'' Nagiko adds.

Profile|Theme 2!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2020 8:13 pm 

A brief eye twitch from the totally normal talk of commerce and coin.

TN 0 to be Recognized.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2020 8:29 pm 

Nagiko wrote:
'' Hmm, i don't think our clan produces any non-iron metals besides gold and silver.'' Nagiko says. '' Though we do produce luxury goods like silk, spices, which are known to the empire, but also gemstones and precious coral.'' She said to the Yasuki.

'' Fruits are also one of our assets. Though from what you had said, those are secondary to what your are looking for.'' Nagiko adds.

"Oh there's always room for secondary things. It's just a matter of being able to offer something appropriate in return without compromising necessary goods, neh?"

Asako Kashiwagi wrote:
A brief eye twitch from the totally normal talk of commerce and coin.

She noticed this and took up her fan from atop her towel, opening it up and covering her mouth before leaning in to Nagiko and speaking quietly, "Anyways, I actually invited you here to ask about the letter, like I said in the note I sent you. You don't mind talking about it, do you?"

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2020 8:34 pm 

Nagiko wrote:
Nagiko bowed to the men that had arrived, as etiquette dictates. '' Asako-sama, Otomo-sama. I hope you had been blessed by Inari-no-kami today.'' Then she turned to speak with the Crab Ki-rin.

Yasuki Yukarin wrote:

'' Interesting. What kind of goods do your clan has in short supply, if i might ask, Yasuki-san? I'm not a merchant myself but maybe i could see if i could arrange for a trade deal with our cousins of the Crab clan.'' Nagiko said.

"Good to see you again, Nagiko-san." Ryuji said. He then thought about what Kashiwagi was talking about.

"Dark and full of terrors Asako-sama?"

Honor: Untrustworthy • Glory: 2.0 • Status: 3.5

Theme

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2020 8:36 pm 

“Whispers of ancestors speaking to the Lion and others in their lineage, a army of monsters on the march, and an uncertain future for the Empire; it is a rather dramatic time if I had my wife’s dramatic flair I could weave quite the torrid tale,” he replied.

“For now I just stay ready.”

TN 0 to be Recognized.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2020 12:18 am 

Yasuki Yukarin wrote:
"Oh there's always room for secondary things. It's just a matter of being able to offer something appropriate in return without compromising necessary goods, neh?"

She noticed this and took up her fan from atop her towel, opening it up and covering her mouth before leaning in to Nagiko and speaking quietly, "Anyways, I actually invited you here to ask about the letter, like I said in the note I sent you. You don't mind talking about it, do you?"

'' Oh, it was nothing important really.'' She replies to the Yasuki. '' It was only an invitation for the rakugo performance that the scorpion did some days ago.'' She replies to her, not really minding.

'' Accompanied by that small gift you saw. Nothing fancy.'' She offered a smile. '' Why are you so curious about it, Yasuki-san?'' She asked

Profile|Theme 2!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2020 12:50 am 

Nagiko wrote:
'' Oh, it was nothing important really.'' She replies to the Yasuki. '' It was only an invitation for the rakugo performance that the scorpion did some days ago.'' She replies to her, not really minding.

'' Accompanied by that small gift you saw. Nothing fancy.'' She offered a smile. '' Why are you so curious about it, Yasuki-san?'' She asked

"I suppose I was slightly curious if it was something... you know... romantic. And I wanted to check how things were going in that. I've never gotten to see a pillowbook romance play out in real time~"

She blushed a little behind the fan, though it would be hard to tell even for Nagiko thanks to the hot water and steam.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2020 1:31 am 

'' Oh, right...'' Nagiko now understand a bit of the Crab-Ki rin dillema here. '' I guess your time here has not allowed to, hmmm, experience such part of our culture, or i'm wrong, Yasuki-san?''

'' What do you wish to know about it? maybe i can help you. Though i'm afraid i'm not that experienced either to be honest.'' She said behind her towel, covering her features.

Profile|Theme 2!