It is currently Sat Sep 21, 2024 2:04 pm

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 65 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: Gathering one's thoughts (LA, D8, Open)
PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2020 3:23 am 

"The stories of the fortunes even are full of stories of mishaps and blunders. The kami themselves were not infallible. But the common man often forgets this, and raises them up as inviolate and perfect. Too often they chose to not question, just believe." A faint shake of his head. "While the fortunes, those that existed in our tijme at least, were revered, we never forgot that any could fail."

Carries: Silk clothing, White silk vest that seems to shimmer in the light, several fine bracelets of silver. Travel pack, hunting knife, Yumi (Where Appropriate), Jade Spear (Where Appropriate)

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2020 5:10 am 

A new look of thoughtfulness. "So the Naga revere and pray to the Fortune's as well?"

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2020 6:19 am 

"Some of them have existed for quite a long time." He gave a faint shrug. "We knew them by different names perhaps, but they still exist. Knowledge, Beauty, Joy....these are universal concepts."

Carries: Silk clothing, White silk vest that seems to shimmer in the light, several fine bracelets of silver. Travel pack, hunting knife, Yumi (Where Appropriate), Jade Spear (Where Appropriate)

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2020 6:34 am 

"I have never seen another point of reference besides Rokugan Naga-san, so how was I to know?" She smiled a bit apologetically. "Besides, it's easy to think of the Fortune as human, in their own way. All the temples of men have them depicted that way after all."

"Do the Fortune appear as Naga in your people's art then?"

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2020 6:45 am 

"Some do. Others appear as more indistinct figures. They didn't show themselves often. And we often try to put things we can't explain in the context of ourselves. Thus them appearing as Naga may be us, at the time, putting our own image on them to try to understand. We both revere the bright eye and the pale eye. What you would call Lady Sun and Lord Moon."

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2020 6:56 am 

Fascinating. "And did they appear as Naga as well? Though... they are not Fortune, but something else."

The Dragon paused, sheepish. "...I am sorry I am nothing but questions. It helps me be at ease, to learn more."

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2020 6:58 am 

He just gave an earnest laugh, and shook his head. "No, it is fine. And no, they always were formless, or appearing as they do as they tread through the sky. Our artists made renditions of them in the forms of naga, or attempted to at least. But that was likely self centered folly, since we were the most powerful empire that was known to us at the time."

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2020 7:08 am 

Poemu was put at some ease, but that only made her slip back into that thoughtfulness. "Ah, I see, I see. Ano... are there any beings your people pray to that we humans do not then? We have Shintao after all, and have humans made into Fortune."

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2020 7:49 am 

"Theres..A pair legendary figures. Akin to your Kami, they came to our people in our greatest time of need. The Qatol was the Warrior of the Bright Eye, blessed full by her, who united our people. Along with him was a young boy that we know only as the Warrior of the Pale Eye. When the two shook hands after coming to an agreement to guide our race was the moment the Akasha sprung into being. It is said that neither has ever been reborn, but that in the time of greatest need they will return to us, and that their rebirth will be a sign of dire tidings..."

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2020 4:06 pm 

"So the Akasha didn't always exist?" It was all a lot to take in, but so fascinating! "Reborn... do Naga spirits go to Yomi then, the same as human? Could a naga reincarnate?"

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2020 8:13 pm 

"We do. We come back, we take the same titles and names we have held before. I hold both the memories of my lifetime as The Shakanar, and through the Akasha can access the memories of all who have carried the name in our history since the Akasha formed. And the Akasha forming marked the end of the Bloodline Wars."

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2020 6:04 am 

Fascinating." Poemu looked deeply thoughtful. "So the Akasha also retains memories? Does that mean naga can only reincarnate as naga?"

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2020 7:00 am 

"When a naga egg is laid, a soul is drawn from the Akasha, and over time the body and soul are merged, though a connection to the Akasha always remains. While the young naga is a clean slate, they can draw on memories. High ranked Vedic can call upon a deeper connection to the Akasha, displaying some of the skills of a naga who is within the akasha." a thoughtful look. "The only souls we have not seen return is the Warrior of the pale eye. And after we awoke from the great sleep two years ago no one has encountered the soul of the Qatol...."

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2020 7:09 am 

"Ano... so... where did Naga soul's go before the Akasha?" A veritable gyser of questions.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2020 8:46 pm 

"Thats......a good question. And one I don't have an answer to." He frowned a little, lost in thought

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2020 8:52 pm 

That brought a long silence of thought before Poemu looked sheepish once more. "Standing in the rain pestering a naga I have just met with questions... you must think me a terrible bore Naga-san. I am sorry for having so many."

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2020 10:32 pm 

He gave a grin and waved off her apology "If we do not ask questions, if we do not answer the questions that seekers of knowledge bring before us, how will we ever learn. If you will allow me though, may I ask what the Dragon lands are like? I understand they are further to the north and the west from here, and quite mountainous."

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2020 10:45 pm 

"I suppose you have been raised and lived in the Shinomen Mori, hai? I have never been there myself, though I have seen the very northern reaches. Agasha lands, the lands of my family, and very mountainous, with high peaks, and more than a few volcanoes. The weather is usually quite cool, with freezing winters and mild summers, especially higher up. There is not a lot of precipitation, though what snow falls can stay all year on the high peaks."

"My own home, the lands of the Atsumaru, are small, but have one of the only large forests in Agasha lands, though there are surely larger ones in the lands of the other families lower down. We live in one of the more fertile valley's, making it a good place to find hearty plants and mosses." Poemu smiled faintly. "I miss it sometimes, it is quite lovely."

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2020 11:18 pm 

"The Shinomen Mori was much, much bigger when I was born and raised, as you put it. The land changed greatly while we slept the Great Sleep." He looked thoughtful as she described her homeland. "It sounds lovely. Maybe one day I'll travel to the dragon lands to see them, though it would be a hard climb for one such as myself. We don't do well in terrain like that. A certain lack of legs in most of us and whatnot" A faint smile. "Have you not been home in some time then?"

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2020 12:56 am 

"It's been about a year I believe. It hasn't been so long, and I've found many things to appreciate about Lion lands as well. Spring is one of my favorite times back in Agasha lands though, so I have a certain longing."

Poemu paused to smile. "And it isn't as if all of Dragon lands are mountains, even in the north. There are plenty of roads and paths, even if they are much fewer than more populated lands. I would find mountain climbing plenty taxing and difficult."

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 65 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next