It is currently Sat Sep 21, 2024 1:51 pm

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 119 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
 Post subject: Re: (D8, Early Evening) - Checking Out the Local Specialties
PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2020 6:13 pm 

"Hmmm... how large of a unit are we talking about here?" she asked as she rested her forehead against the Matsu's gently.

Honor: Expected | Glory: 1.0 | Infamy 0.1 | Status: 1.0
carries: wakizashi, dice & cup, heirloom jewelry, pearl & jade necklace, tiny Daikoku statue, coin purse, hand fan, silk umbrella, bottle of Golden Carp, sake cups, personal seal

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2020 6:15 pm 

"Right now, just my personal retinue. I have two under me, with plans to expand as much as up to 6, but should I promote into a leadership position, then standard sizes of roughly 20 per squadron. I'd like to get my personal retinue better armor before anything, but the rest would just need ashigaru armor and yari"

Mogami's Equipment: Battle: Light Armor, Yumi, Quiver w Flesh Cutter Arrows, Daisho
Court: Decent quality kimono and courtiers fan

Budoka's Tsuruga and Fuwa's Eqiupment:
Battle: Ashigaru Armor | Han-Kyu, Quiver w Willow Leaf Arrows | Yari
Court: Kimono

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2020 6:19 pm 

"It's hard to coordinate anything long term for something that small... were you just looking to have it done without too much of a hit to your stipend then, or are you asking for consideration for some special quality above and beyond what general stores would be able to provide? Otherwise, I could use my contacts to try to find someone local to Toshi no Omoidoso who can work with you after all of this is done."

carries: wakizashi, dice & cup, heirloom jewelry, pearl & jade necklace, tiny Daikoku statue, coin purse, hand fan, silk umbrella, bottle of Golden Carp, sake cups, personal seal

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2020 6:24 pm 

"It would be nice to have things that are higher quality than the standard fares. I've done well enough outfitting myself and my men so far utilizing my own resources, but I realize that I may need much more than what I can obtain on my own."

Mogami's Equipment: Battle: Light Armor, Yumi, Quiver w Flesh Cutter Arrows, Daisho

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2020 6:29 pm 

"I'll make sure to talk to someone local to you then, get that set up for you. One certainly does not organize the trade of minerals used for smithing without someone of those people having contacts in that profession, after all."

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2020 8:23 pm 

"That would be very helpful, thank you. And if there is anything I can help you find, I'm happy to assist."

Mogami takes another sip of sake, finishing the cup and setting it down. She begins to massage Yukarin as she sits on her.

"Have you seen the Naga that have been following us? I met one in Toshi no Omoidoso and another here. They are so big!"

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2020 8:51 pm 

"I'll admit, the only time I saw one, I couldn't really tell; She was in the onsen at Toshi no Omoidoso, and most of her was under water. The part that was above water looked normal size enough though. I'd heard there were a few more, but I must just be in the wrong places at the wrong times, as it were."

Yukarin rests her chin on Mogami's shoulder as she talks, somewhat muffling her voice and causing little rumbles to go through her from Yukarin talking.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2020 10:51 pm 

"They are quite big, I do not envy those who had to fight against then during the war. It must have been incredibly taxing."

Mogami continues to let her hands roam Yukarin, alternating between light touches and harder massages.

"You said you have a No-Dachi, have you ever had to fight?"

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2020 11:11 pm 

"It was actually peace knotted for decades, and I only undid it about a month ago, after joining the Crab. The Family I trained with, the Ide, virtually have a vow of non-violence... or at least there is such a stigmatism placed on it as to make little difference. I can hardly imagine attacking another samurai with a weapon. But, now that I'm Crab, something to defend myself if I were to be in Hida lands or, Fortunes, Hiruma lands, seemed practical."

Yukarin certainly wasn't complaining about the massaging, her cooling bare skin coming back to life under the touches.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2020 11:17 pm 

"That seems sensible, though a No-Dachi is a very difficult weapon to begin learning on. Have you had training with a katana first?"

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2020 11:32 pm 

She shook her head gently, "No. I don't actually have a katana of my own. I have practiced strikes with my wakizashi. I figured I would try the no-dachi because I have one... though there's also the point that it fits more with what many Crab use. Admittedly, I'm not exactly a typical Crab, but it seemed like the sort of thing the Fortunes would align together as fate. Despite the challenges."

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2020 11:41 pm 

"That is an excellent way to look at it, Yukarin-sensei. Also, training with a wakizashi seems appropriate first, though the short length does make the transition a bit more difficult. I haven't trained with a no-dachi myself, only the very basics that kenjutsu provides to both it and my katana. Truth be told though, I despise swordplay and would much rather be farther away with my bow."

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2020 12:05 am 

"I mean, I suppose I could look into that sort of thing. I didn't think about it too hard. Like I said really, I just am kind of going with the flow of things. I know fortune favors the mortal man, but I also don't believe in coincidences. That said... you're a teacher of sorts, right? Maybe this too is a sign, that I could learn the basics of a bow from you."

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2020 1:46 am 

“I could certainly teach you the basics of the sword, and I am more than capable of the bow..you are looking at the best student to gempukku from my school in a century”

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2020 2:20 am 

"Well, I'll keep in touch with you about it then. I don't have a bow of my own and I've never touched one, but it might be a more appropriate weapon for me than the no-dachi, who knows? And I do like learning new things, regardless, as you may already know."

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2020 2:25 am 

"I have some you can use, I have been teaching my two Budoka for ages, and in Toshi no Omoidoso I raised and taught a heimen levy in only a few days."

Mogami squeezes Yukarin playfully at the innuendo.

"I am glad I met you tonight, and that you were willing to go on an adventure with someone unknown."

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2020 2:30 am 

"I know some I grew up with called that a fault of mine... but I've certainly found it's worked in my favor more often than not."

Yukarin leaned her head down from where it was resting so she could place kisses along Mogami's neck and shoulder, "...do I have to get up?"

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2020 2:34 am 

"No, I do not see any pressing reason why, the night is still young after all..."

Mogami returns the kisses on Yukarins neck as well, playfully biting a little

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2020 2:37 am 

"I was hoping you'd say that..." Yukarin says with a playful little growl before tackling the Matsu to the floor.

/ftb

/scene

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 119 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6