It is currently Sat Sep 21, 2024 11:45 am

Post subject: Re: Kitty Comforts [Day 9 LA]
PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2020 9:18 pm 

"Mm nothing wrong with being optimistic, Matsu-sama, but yes, my sentiment is the same."

She gave a nod to the new arrival. "It's alright. Everyone deserves to warm themselves in these waters on cold days like these..."

“At times, the voice of peace must ring like Thunder.”

Has: Sacred Daisho, Light Armor (battle), necklace of prayer beads (jade), figurine of Jizo, parchment and charcoal, white cowl. Lion tattoo on left arm, Dragon tattoo on left thigh.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2020 9:19 pm 

"Please, join us," Tani nodded in agreement. "A relaxing bath is exactly what is needed after Court."

Glorious Death in battle is never untimely.

Equipment: Daisho, Kimono (functional or exceptional, depending on situation), Finger of Jade (hanging on a necklace around her neck), heavy armor (when appropriate), Fan, Bisento (when appropriate)

Description

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2020 9:22 pm 

"I couldn't agree more, -sama," she said, not 100% sure of either of their standing and mentally cursing herself for not studying heraldry enough in her spare time. It really was useful at times like this with enough memory. Oh well. "Thank you for having me. You may call me Mari. I am a wave-man currently here in the city."

She took her time, moving to the edge of the water and stepping in gently, keeping her gaze appropriately between the two of them and low enough for the time being. A sigh escaped her lips as the heat started to reach her legs. "At least the rain is not so cold... but it doesn't help much for feeling comfortable lately." It was almost a losing battle with her tent.

Description, Character Image

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2020 9:26 pm 

"It is well met. This is Togashi Tsukimi of the Ise Zumi," she motioned to the Togashi, then pointed to herself. "And I am Matsu Tani, Nikutai of the First Matsu Army and Daughter of the Antecedent Matsu Daimyo. It is well to make your acquaintance."

Equipment: Daisho, Kimono (functional or exceptional, depending on situation), Finger of Jade (hanging on a necklace around her neck), heavy armor (when appropriate), Fan, Bisento (when appropriate)

Description

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2020 1:26 am 

"A pleasure," Tsukimi nodded once more, grateful for the introductions given.

"We were just talking about the wisdom of taking a warm bath on cold days. Simple wisdom can be found in many places, after all."

Has: Sacred Daisho, Light Armor (battle), necklace of prayer beads (jade), figurine of Jizo, parchment and charcoal, white cowl. Lion tattoo on left arm, Dragon tattoo on left thigh.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2020 1:37 am 

"Our lives are filed with so many complex situations, that sometimes the simplest wisdoms are the truest," she said, nodding towards Tsukimi. "And I certainly won't say no to the warmth in the spring chill. I take it that both of you have recently come to the city as well?"

Tani could have been local, but she had a suspicion that wasn't the case. Too many titles.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2020 1:40 am 

"We arrived with the rest who came from Toshi no Omoidoso," she shook her head. "We've been dealing with the issue of the Steel Chrysanthemum's army. Which has meant a lot of marching."

Description

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2020 1:43 am 

"While one certainly likes the opportunity to travel, forced march under these conditions are... less than ideal." Especially the continuous rain.

"What of yourself, Mari-san?"

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2020 1:57 am 

"I can only imagine. I've never had to serve in a march like that," she admitted, shaking her head. "I came from the west, skirting the Castle of the Swift Sword along the Lion Dragon border. I'd heard that there would likely be work this way." Nikesake was kind of a hub of activity after all.

"I shouldn't wish to make you relive such things. Not when we're relaxing. At least the stain of the road fades eventually."

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2020 1:59 am 

"I have been in some sort of march near every day since Morikage Toshi," Tani laughed gently. "And just came off of one before I went to court this afternoon. Reliving it is no major deal. By the sound of it, you did not actually visit the Castle of the Swift Sword? A shame, I might have asked about it if you had."

Description

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2020 2:08 am 

"Any news from that side of the Empire?" Tsukimi inquired curiously, wondering what the situation were like in that direction.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2020 2:19 am 

"I did not want to impose myself upon the lords of the land unnecessarily. I find smaller communities have more need of a healer and shugenja without clan, and I would not wish to impose where the Kitsu do a fine job," she said by way of apology. She'd also heard a few rumors about Shiro Akodo from nervous peasants. Better safe than sorry.

"The far west, I mostly recall that Unicorn forces were in the process of traveling towards the North. I've been on minor roads and out of the major cities since leaving that land, so I could not truly tell you how many have left, and I ... did not wish to inquire more of them." More accurately, she didn't want to be in the company of a thousand armed samurai she would have spat in the face of. Not good for one's survival. One or two, she could handle, but Unicorn cities had been too much.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2020 2:23 am 

"Not overstaying one's welcome is wise for a Ronin, I suppose." Tani's voice is more considering than spiteful, and indeed she doesn't seem to show much, if any, scorn for the wave woman. "In any case, even small amounts of news is better than no news, I think. Thank you for what you have brought us."

Description

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2020 2:46 am 

"Mm... it is wise to be cautious when travelling." She wasn't sure yet how the Unicorn might treat ronin. Or if they really understood the concept of ronin.

"A shame that so many of the Unicorn are leaving again already... I think having the clan of Shinjo around for these troubling times could've been a great help."

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2020 2:55 am 

"They have their reasons, I was told, and they have leave from the throne." Whether or not she thought they would be good to have around? She would politely not speak her mind there. "Their lands will have sufficient defense, I believe, to protect against bandits will the bulk of their force stops any incursion from the north. They and those that they have ... conscripted to man the land will be sufficient."

She sighed a little, closing her eyes. Yes. Those they had ... conscripted by old oaths, older than her grandmother's great grandmother. "But one must always be cautious. The Lion keep their roads safe, but wild beasts do wander from time to time." Bandits too, but don't say that in front of a Lion.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2020 3:54 am 

She nodded. "Caution is wise, even for someone who isn't a Ronin," she smirked a bit. "Safety on the roads is bought with blood, after all." She sank briefly into the water, submerging herself completely.

Description

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2020 4:02 am 

If Tsukimi were someone of more influence, she would've considered seeing about making her clan help the Unicorn in looking after their borders... the remaining Unicorn forces must be stretched thin to guard such a lengthy border.

"On or off the roads, one must be cautious," the Dragon agreed then watched Tani submerge herself for a moment. "What is your opinion on the current... political climate, Mari-san?"

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2020 4:16 am 

Well, she had been asked, hadn't she? Ugh. This was not exactly easy to get at, considering that her opinion of the political climate amounted to 'let them all rot. One of them will be on the throne eventually and then I'll have to acknowledge the new head chief.' Her distaste for the Steel Chrysanthemum was over the presence of spirits of Toshigoku in Ningen-do and the threat to kharmic order he represented. She already dealt with more than enough of that in her own life. Seppun Kato was no better in her mind, just another lord trying to shove his nose into it...

She looked like she was testing the waters a bit, considering, one hand up to her lips. She waited to make sure Matsu Tani was up and could hear. "Since Togashi-sama asks... I confess that a ronin's view is different, I think. Regardless of who rises or falls, there will be a Son of Heaven on the throne. Regardless of which claim is acknowledged, a Hantei will rule as is the celestial mandate of the empire's order. It really isn't a ronin's place to speak to succession." A firm shake of her head. "What I know is that the Steel Chrysanthemum's forces do not seem to make distinctions and we are in their way. Without full surrender, they will likely kill everyone in the city, given the chance. And so, I am prepared to aid in the defense of the city and my own life."

A careful breath and she shook her head more firmly. "I only think that this matter would normally be handled in the courts, not on the field of battle. It is above what a ronin generally deals with." Which was why she'd backed Kato tentatively earlier in court.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2020 4:24 am 

"Mm," her head bobbed slightly, thinking, "thank you, for your answer. I believe everyone has a right to speak their mind on the subject, even if most of us will not sway this matter one way or another." She gave the ronin a genuine but brief smile.

"But yes, I feel the same you do - and I too will stand against the Steel Chrysanthemum's forces. The returned spirits do not belong here in Ningen-do."

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2020 4:25 am 

Tani did in fact come up, and she nodded at Mari's answer, even if she didn't comment on certain aspects of it. "In that, all three of us are in agreement. I will stand against him til my last breath, if such is what it takes."

Description