It is currently Sat Sep 21, 2024 3:34 pm

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 127 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 Post subject: Re: Uncomfortable Truths (D9, Late Morning)
PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2020 12:07 pm 

The Asako gave he Miya a respectful nod and said, "Thank you for the warm announcement, the Phoenix wish Seppun Kato well in his future endeavors and engagement."

He then approached Horonigai and just nodded, waiting to see if she wished to speak or not.

Status: 4.0 | Glory: 10.0 | Infamy: .4 | Honor: Untrustworthy
Carried: Wakizashi, Black Fancy Clothing, Chop, Writ of the Asako Inquisitors, Maho Warding Amulet, Jade Amulet, Trash Queen (Tabby Cat)

TN 0 to be Recognized.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2020 1:38 pm 

Togashi Mai wrote:

"May, I would say that was quite the performance Matsu-sama," she elected for a less identifying form of address. Having approached from beside Iko. Glancing to her clansmen, "Would you not say, Togashi Iko-sama," she inclined her head.

"Practice, merely, for dramatic effect was it not, Matsu-sama?" she said, looking back to Mogami with a tilt. Holding a wicker umbrella she'd only raised from walking out of underneath an overhang. "May it is a performance that may yet need some refinement to be sure, but as yet my honored cousin here has said this is neither the time nor place for such a performance."

"There was something I wished to ask of you, Matsu-sama, might you assist me with that matter?" she said, glancing toward a way out of the gathered Samurai.

Mogami gives a bow to Mai and begins to walk to where she was glancing.

"Certainly, Togashi-san"

She says with a bit of heat still in her voice.

Mogami's Equipment: Battle: Light Armor, Yumi, Quiver w Flesh Cutter Arrows, Daisho
Court: Decent quality kimono and courtiers fan

Budoka's Tsuruga and Fuwa's Eqiupment:
Battle: Ashigaru Armor | Han-Kyu, Quiver w Willow Leaf Arrows | Yari
Court: Kimono

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2020 2:38 pm 

Seeing as Horonigai had left by the time he got there he shrugged and watched the fallout.

Status: 4.0 | Glory: 10.0 | Infamy: .4 | Honor: Untrustworthy
Carried: Wakizashi, Black Fancy Clothing, Chop, Writ of the Asako Inquisitors, Maho Warding Amulet, Jade Amulet, Trash Queen (Tabby Cat)

TN 0 to be Recognized.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2020 5:27 pm 

Mindshred wrote:

"Would that I could stay." He motions toward his horse. "My fellow Miya and I are spreading the announcement as far as possible as quickly as possible. I must travel south after this, to Zumiki-mihasi and eventually the Castle of the Emerald Champion."

He notices Chihaya waiting nearby and offers her a slight bow. "Suzume-san, how can I be of service?"

Chihaya nodded a greeting, lifting the brim of her hat and sending rain water pouring down her back.

Oh bugger all.

Her expressions studiously neutral, she just replied, "This one is a friend of the Seppun, and wanted to ensure if there was anything you needed, it was provided. It sounds as though you must carry on quickly - so I will only say this. I have fought the armies of the Steel Chrysanthemum, and I am not certain they will respect your name and position... I would give his forces a wide berth as you travel."

Profile :: Theme

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2020 5:38 pm 

Mari wrote:
"Good. I'm glad not to need to do more. Hopefully you will not need quite so thorough a healing again in the near future."

"Next time I'll be sure to duck," Baatar promised, drawing his kimono closed once more.

Moto Akemi wrote:
She paused as she saw Baatar talking with a Ronin, and didn't interrupt unless they invited her in

"Oh! Hey! Akemi!" Baatar waved at Akemi. "Over here!"

"It's my cousin's wife," he explained to Mari. "I didn't know she was in Nikesake!"

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2020 6:15 pm 

The lessons Baatar. The lessons!

Akemi hid a sigh behnid a smile, approaching and bowing to the two of them. To Mari, Akemi would look far more like a Crane than a Unicorn.

"Mina-san, good morning. I hope you are well?"

She looked to Baatar.

"I didn't know you had come here Baatar-san."

On person: Pretty kimono, Scroll Satchel, Wakizashi, Fan, calligraphy set & Paper, Tea set (sometimes), Light armour, Han-kyu and arrows(sometimes)

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2020 6:33 pm 

Suzume Chihaya wrote:
Her expressions studiously neutral, she just replied, "This one is a friend of the Seppun, and wanted to ensure if there was anything you needed, it was provided. It sounds as though you must carry on quickly - so I will only say this. I have fought the armies of the Steel Chrysanthemum, and I am not certain they will respect your name and position... I would give his forces a wide berth as you travel."

The Miya nods in agreement. "Fortunately, my path should not take me into conflict with their forces."

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2020 7:49 pm 

Bayushi Degarashi wrote:
Degarashi nodded, clearing his throat rather roughly. "Eto...I am currently grieving the loss of my brother, Yukinaga. Some two days prior he was struck down on a mission, and only one of my fellows survived to inform the rest of us. I spent the better part of yesterday ensuring she was okay following the experience."

'' Oh, i-uh, did not know that...'' Nagiko remembers Degarashi's brother from the meeting at the Onsen in Toshi no Omoidoso. '' I'm truly sorry for your loss, Bayushi-san. May the sacred light of Amaterasu-no-kami guide your brother soul to your ancestors in Yomi.'' She offered her condolences.

'' I hope that everything is alright with your fellow clan member''

Carries: Daisho, Extravagant Clothes, Light-Armor (when appropiate), Fan, Mantis' silk and spices
Profile|Theme 2!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2020 8:00 pm 

Mindshred wrote:

The Miya nods in agreement. "Fortunately, my path should not take me into conflict with their forces."

"Then go with the fortunes, Miya-sama. I will pray for your safe travels."

She bowed, and withdrew, maintaining only the distance necessary to intervene should anyone do anything really, really stupid.

Profile :: Theme

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2020 8:24 pm 

Nagiko wrote:

'' Oh, i-uh, did not know that...'' Nagiko remembers Degarashi's brother from the meeting at the Onsen in Toshi no Omoidoso. '' I'm truly sorry for your loss, Bayushi-san. May the sacred light of Amaterasu-no-kami guide your brother soul to your ancestors in Yomi.'' She offered her condolences.

'' I hope that everything is alright with your fellow clan member''

"Thank you for your kind words, Nagiko-san. I'm certain he has moved on to where he belongs." Degarashi didn't sound particularly certain of that, but was distracted by the other comment.

"I believe she'll recover, both from the trauma and the hangover. I'm doing well enough in that latter regard myself. You were right, by the way." He turned to stare at a particularly interesting leaf. "Properly warmed bedrolls really are the best."

Typically carries: Wakizashi, parchment and charcoal, at least one medicine kit, a dark grey blanket, rope and grappling hook

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2020 8:45 pm 

Matsu Mogami wrote:
Mogami gives a bow to Mai and begins to walk to where she was glancing.

Giving a once more reverent bow to her honored cousin Mai was quick to lead Mogami elsewhere that the public display might yet be forgotten enough to not impact the woman much, if at all.

Once they were away, there was the promise of their later meeting, but beyond that they merely made their...

/exit

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2020 8:49 pm 

Moto Akemi wrote:
The lessons Baatar. The lessons!

Akemi hid a sigh behnid a smile, approaching and bowing to the two of them. To Mari, Akemi would look far more like a Crane than a Unicorn.

"Mina-san, good morning. I hope you are well?"

She looked to Baatar.

Mari blinked, ahving been about to say something more, but turned and bowed with the other Unicorn approached. There was a decidedly stiff way in which she bowed that was intensely formal and rigid. This person knew Baatar personally, so she wasn't going to offend, but when she spoke her tone was a touch clipped.

Damn, more horse lords, even if she does look like a pampered crane in purple.

"Good morning, Unicorn-sama. This one is Mari, and I am well. I hope the fortunes favor you." Damn, she could have read that out of a textbook somewhere, though she did bow properly. "Ahhh, your cousin's wife? I see..."

Probably Crane then... Wonder if you got cursed by marrying in.

Description, Character Image

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2020 10:39 pm 

Moto Akemi wrote:

"I just arrived two days ago," Baatar replied. "With the column from Toshi no Omoidoso. There was a big battle there! We won, but the Lion governor sent most of the people away so he'd have more supplies for a siege."

Mari wrote:
"Good morning, Unicorn-sama. This one is Mari, and I am well. I hope the fortunes favor you." Damn, she could have read that out of a textbook somewhere, though she did bow properly. "Ahhh, your cousin's wife? I see..."

"Mari is the best healer in the city," Baatar explained to Akemi. "She helped heal some arrow wounds I had gotten. Want to see?" He reached for the neckline of his kimono again.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2020 10:43 pm 

Kami blighted, Moto-san! She was fighting not to look a little shocked. Seriously, this man... "Moto-sama is doing me a little too much credit here. The water spirits are at peace at present, but there are fine priests of the Isawa present among others. I would not presume to stand in their ranks."

Gah, first that damned poster in the friendship street and now this! Well, it wasn't bad for business, but still!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2020 11:09 pm 

Doji Monkhbaatar wrote:
The Matsu seemingly having calmed down, Monkhbaatar relaxes inside a bit. "I'm not surprised that the Matsu is on edge. I just came from the temple and I met her there. She had to lay her grandmother to rest yesterday, after having returned from death."

"Oh..." She looked over towards the Matsu. "That is tragic." They had fought side by side, and she respected the woman's impressive skills. Yet after the events of the previous day she remained wary. Perhaps it would be better to leave this matter to Togashi Iko.

"Oh she's very pretty. For a Daidoji." - Random Doji courtier.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2020 11:10 pm 

"Baatar-san, it hasn't been that long. Have you forgotten all of the lessons already?" Akemi said softly, shaking her head "it's a public location, one shouldn't display their bodies."

She bowed to the Ronin apologetically.

"Forgive me Mari-san. I am Moto Akemi. Thank you for assisting my cousin with his injuries, I hope he hasn't been too much trouble?" she gave Baatar a teasing smile.

On person: Pretty kimono, Scroll Satchel, Wakizashi, Fan, calligraphy set & Paper, Tea set (sometimes), Light armour, Han-kyu and arrows(sometimes)

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2020 11:15 pm 

Asakuro listened intently as the Miya herald made their announcement. He had expected some news regarding going-ons elsewhere in the Emerald Empire, potentially a notice that reinforcements to Nikesake were on their way, that some other major city of note had completely fallen to the Steel Chrysanthemum or had repelled off a ghostly attack... it certainly could have been any of those things!

But as he fanned himself with his peafowl-patterned fan, he had certainly not expected what the Miya in fact announced. The Imperial Heir that so many, including himself, had proclaimed in the courts was the true heir in the line of succession was not even of Hantei blood? And that such was coming from the mouth of Seppun Kato? And that he was to be engaged and married to a Scorpion on top of all that? Most interesting timing, this Miya, in delivering this news.

The Tortoise looked around to see what reactions were to such a proclamation. Perhaps unsurprisingly, except for the Lion that roared quite loudly before being tempered by others, there was much mutedness and milling about, some in shock at what they were hearing, perhaps many more simply digesting what they heard and making considerations going forward.

This changes much, that is certain... he thought as he too continued to mill about for a time.

Carries: Fan, personal seal, wakizashi, chopsticks, water bottle, kiseru, small knife, sake cup
Sometimes featuring now: Mamoru the Frazzled Peafowl!
Language Colors: MerenaeThrane
Profile!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2020 11:24 pm 

Moto Akemi wrote:
"Baatar-san, it hasn't been that long. Have you forgotten all of the lessons already?" Akemi said softly, shaking her head "it's a public location, one shouldn't display their bodies."

She bowed to the Ronin apologetically.

"Forgive me Mari-san. I am Moto Akemi. Thank you for assisting my cousin with his injuries, I hope he hasn't been too much trouble?" she gave Baatar a teasing smile.

Her tone stayed a little on the stiff side, but it could be hard to tell if it was nerves or something else. Admittedly, Baatar knew exactly what caused that stiffness, though she hoped he had that much discretion. He certainly knew better than to publicly blurt things out about bargains.

"It is fine. He was a good patient, and caused little fuss when I tended to his care yesterday. The water kami are ... exuberant of late. I have found that where this rain continues to fall, they at least are more at ease."

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2020 11:45 pm 

Daidoji Tetsuko wrote:
"Oh..." She looked over towards the Matsu. "That is tragic." They had fought side by side, and she respected the woman's impressive skills. Yet after the events of the previous day she remained wary. Perhaps it would be better to leave this matter to Togashi Iko.

"War is always full of misfortune, but this one is particularly bad for those that have to face ancestors. I can understand why the rumors speak of people hesitating to attack their own kin," he says with a nod. "I am curious if the Unicorn have any ancestors that have returned here as well, or if our distance from the Empire for those centuries will make a difference."

Equipment: Daisho, armor, dai-kyu, sake cup, bottle of water, knife, Meushi

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2020 12:02 am 

With the Mogami issue dealt with, Iko let out a small sigh of relief before returning to the pair of Crane.

"Minna-san, I apologize for the interruption, but after Matsu-san's heroics in repelling the attackers at Toshi no Omoidoso, I thought he deserved the opportunity to see another dawn."

She bows low to Tetsuko and Monkhbaatar. "I think Kakita-san did as well. We should all be united in this struggle, not picking fights over petty matters. I just want you to know that if push comes to shove, you can count on this daughter of Ashidaka Yuuto to stand beside you."

Carries: Daisho, Yumi (where appropriate)
Description

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 127 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next