It is currently Sat Sep 21, 2024 3:36 pm

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 267 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 14  Next
 Post subject: Re: The Lion's Court (D9, Early Afternoon)
PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2020 4:16 pm 

Toshiko arrives with a small scroll and begins to read.

"I have been asked by an Ikoma Kanto-sama to speak in support of the Steel Chrysanthemum in my capacity as a Lion samurai. While you might be confused about the sudden about face, I wish to remind you that a samurai is a tool of their lord regardless of their personal feelings. So I bite my tongue and remind every Lion of their duty, of their honor, of their souls. We carry two swords, both of them reminders that in the end we only have honor to guide us into the future. Honor which has bound me to speak for the Steel Chrysanthemum, and should bind you as well."

The Lion's Court (D9, Early Afternoon), Influence Roll, Traditionalist, TN20 (1 raise), 6k3 6k3 = 25. Pass. 2 Traditionalist Points.

Carries: Scrolls, ink & brush, paper, small mirror, fan, pearl.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2020 4:40 pm 

Kayou arrived late, having stopped at the castle's Ancestral Shrine to make an offering. She was unsurprised to find than many others had done the same this day. Afterward, she did her best to center herself for another day in Court.

She hardly cut the finest of figure, the hem of her robe was muddy, but her carriage was straight and correct.

She paused, trying to judge the mood of the court on this, a day of troubling portents.

Carries: Prayer Beads, satchel with writing supplies.

Description
Art by Joanne Kwan

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2020 4:49 pm 

Mogami notices Kayou and approaches, giving a bow.

"Ah, I am glad to see you arrived in Nikesake unharmed, Kayou-sensei. I was a bit worried when I had heard you took quite the wounds defending the gates at Toshi no Omoidoso and was unsure if you were able to travel here during the evacuation."

Mogami's Equipment: Battle: Light Armor, Yumi, Quiver w Flesh Cutter Arrows, Daisho
Court: Decent quality kimono and courtiers fan

Budoka's Tsuruga and Fuwa's Eqiupment:
Battle: Ashigaru Armor | Han-Kyu, Quiver w Willow Leaf Arrows | Yari
Court: Kimono

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2020 4:55 pm 

Ren continued to glance around the room. The realms of the dead seemed to be a bit over anxious today... People falling to the pressures of others trying to tell them what their path is.

Perhaps this too is what is meant to be... teach us how to overcome ourselves.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2020 4:57 pm 

Doji Monkhbaatar wrote:
"I would appreciate that a great deal. And I'm certain Koushi and Airi will rest easy with your assistance," he says with a nod.

"I hope so" Akemi nodded, pausing to think of a better topic than this.

"A-ano...where are you saying in Crane lands? Have you been to the gardens of Kyuden Doji yet?"

On person: Pretty kimono, Scroll Satchel, Wakizashi, Fan, calligraphy set & Paper, Tea set (sometimes), Light armour, Han-kyu and arrows(sometimes)

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2020 5:04 pm 

"I haven't been to the gardens there yet, no. But I've visited the palace while traveling. My new family is in Oyomesan province, somewhere between Seven Fold Palace and Benten Seido. I'm sure that with time I'll get the opportunity to see them."

Equipment: Daisho, armor, dai-kyu, sake cup, bottle of water, knife, Meushi

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2020 5:08 pm 

Isawa Hachi wrote:
Hachi nods in acceptance of the correction. "How often, in the law, does the brother inherit over the son?"

"It does happen, but rarely," answers Tameaki. "When it does, the brother most often 'inherits' control until an underage child can reach maturity. It may also occur as a result of expressed wishes of the deceased, in cases where a normal heir cannot claim the inheritance due to a duty posting of the same or greater importance elsewhere, or if the normal heir is deemed permanently incapable of managing the inheritance."

Carries/Wears: Extravagant clothing, wakizashi, jitte, mask, fan, personal seal

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2020 5:14 pm 

Doji Monkhbaatar wrote:
"I haven't been to the gardens there yet, no. But I've visited the palace while traveling. My new family is in Oyomesan province, somewhere between Seven Fold Palace and Benten Seido. I'm sure that with time I'll get the opportunity to see them."

"The palace is beautiful, ne?" Akemi smiled "I spent a number of my childhood years there before my affinity to the kami was discovered. There is no more beautiful place in the empire than those gardens, and it's so well cared for. I hadn't really understood the care required for plants before my time with the Sparrow, but it has made me admire them even more."

On person: Pretty kimono, Scroll Satchel, Wakizashi, Fan, calligraphy set & Paper, Tea set (sometimes), Light armour, Han-kyu and arrows(sometimes)

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2020 5:23 pm 

"The palace is very nice, but to be honest, all the buildings are mostly intimidating for me. I was born during the Great Ride, so I never saw anything larger than a communal tent before traveling on my way to Crane lands. The first time we saw an inn, I thought it was a castle," he says with a chuckle.

Equipment: Daisho, armor, dai-kyu, sake cup, bottle of water, knife, Meushi

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2020 5:43 pm 

With the shifts, and remembering the encounter with Sara earlier, Seitouna's writing changes, though it continues.

Quote:
Several who would have been expected to support the child of Hantei XXII for ascent seemed to reverse their earlier decisions, or else spoke in favor of Hantei XVI when they had not spoken before. Given the actions of the spirits [on Day 8], and rumors that rippled through the city and were represented in some of the delegates' words of a declaration of illegitimacy, I cannot but wonder what influence is being brought to bear here. I do not think it a good one, however, and I worry that those of us under the Shell will find that Shell stripped away.

I have seen turtles treated thusly, prepared for feasting upon. It is not a pretty thing.

(Unless you read Thrane...)

Thinking * Speaking Merenae * Speaking Thrane
Generally wears decent kimono & sandals, jitte, wakizashi
Wears extravagant kimono & sandals and wakizashi at court
Almost always has paper and something to write with
Public Profile

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2020 5:44 pm 

Matsu Mogami wrote:
Mogami notices Kayou and approaches, giving a bow.

"Ah, I am glad to see you arrived in Nikesake unharmed, Kayou-sensei. I was a bit worried when I had heard you took quite the wounds defending the gates at Toshi no Omoidoso and was unsure if you were able to travel here during the evacuation."

Kayou returns the bow. "This one recovers quickly, thankfully. She thanks you for your concern. This one is pleased that you made it safely as well. And your troops?"

Description
Art by Joanne Kwan

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2020 5:47 pm 

"You know, the Emperor's brother is mobilizing an army at Toshi Ranbo," Moto Baatar commented. "I really think we should consider asking him for help. With Steel Flower's army marching on Nikesake, we could use all the reinforcements we can get."

--
Day 9 early afternoon, influence for Separatist (pro Kato) with 1 raise, AWA/Courtier + Void Point, Gaijin Name (no double explosions) TN20: 5d10o10k4 25 succeeded for 2 points

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2020 5:51 pm 

Kayou wrote:
Kayou returns the bow. "This one recovers quickly, thankfully. She thanks you for your concern. This one is pleased that you made it safely as well. And your troops?"

"The ashigaru I pressed into service remained at Toshi no Omoidoso to help defend the city, but my Budoka are here and well. Tsuruga got banged up pretty good yesterday, but with the aid of the kami is feeling much better"

Mogami's Equipment: Battle: Light Armor, Yumi, Quiver w Flesh Cutter Arrows, Daisho
Court: Decent quality kimono and courtiers fan

Budoka's Tsuruga and Fuwa's Eqiupment:
Battle: Ashigaru Armor | Han-Kyu, Quiver w Willow Leaf Arrows | Yari
Court: Kimono

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2020 6:19 pm 

Doji Monkhbaatar wrote:
"The palace is very nice, but to be honest, all the buildings are mostly intimidating for me. I was born during the Great Ride, so I never saw anything larger than a communal tent before traveling on my way to Crane lands. The first time we saw an inn, I thought it was a castle," he says with a chuckle.

Akemi hid a laugh behind her sleeve.

"Truly? I had heard that it was very different from the stories I've been told, but to never see a building? That must have been quite an experience. Then again, when my husband showed me a...what do you call it, Chomchong? The extremely large tents? That surprised me, I have only stayed in very small one person tents during my time in the Shinomen Mori. I would have enjoyed one of those much larger tents for that campaign."

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2020 6:35 pm 

Shosuro Sara wrote:
Togashi Tsukimi wrote:
Tsukimi was a little tardy this day, so she took up a place to the side to listen and watch before speaking.

----

OOC: afk for work. Please PM if approached.

The Dragon was approached by the Scorpion. "Togashi-san?" Sara asked with a hint of uncertainty, eyeing the blades at Tsukimi's side.

"Yes?"

The Dragon, seemingly lost in thought, looked up.

“At times, the voice of peace must ring like Thunder.”

Has: Sacred Daisho, Light Armor (battle), necklace of prayer beads (jade), figurine of Jizo, parchment and charcoal, white cowl. Lion tattoo on left arm, Dragon tattoo on left thigh.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2020 6:39 pm 

A thin smile had crossed her face when the Mantis shifted her support to Seppun Kato. On some level she wished she had the same luxury of choice.

As there seemed to be a pause in proceedings Tetsuko decided to step up and take the floor. It was becoming marginally easier to participate in this arena. Yet she would have much preferred to be fighting the slaughter spirits than what she found herself doing.

"Good afternoon minna-sama. We live in interesting times. A new challenger for the throne has appeared, backed by the Scorpion Clan Champion. Yesterday the general of Hantei XVI's army was attacked after seeking to discuss terms. Two days ago all seemed to support the Empress. This morning we have Lion and Scorpion speaking out in favour of Hantei XVI, and who could forget Asako-sama's 42 points for Seppun Kato?" Even if they wanted to.

"Clearly we are riven by factionalism. The Steel Chrysanthemum has been returned to us. We do not know why. Perhaps he is fated to die a second time, on the Empress' blade, or Seppun Kato's blade, as a lesson to all? Or perhaps he will sit on the throne for a second time and reunite the Empire? The Heavens' purpose in all of this is unclear, but I believe they do have a purpose. What if, despite our personal misgivings, he is the leader the Empire needs? I do not have the answers, but the questions are worth asking."

She bowed to the assembled guests and returned to her tea pot and origami animals. I hope you know what you are doing Daidoji-sama.

---

Day 9. EA. Influence roll as my Lord commands. Traditionalist. 3 raises. Void for +1k1. Benten's blessing +0k1. TN30: 7d10o10k5 38

"Oh she's very pretty. For a Daidoji." - Random Doji courtier.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2020 7:29 pm 

The Asako nodded when his 42 glorious points to support Seppun Kato is acknowledged and even gave the Moto loudmouth a nod. He even said to the Moto barbarian, “A good point, well made Moto-san.”

Status: 4.0 | Glory: 10.0 | Infamy: .4 | Honor: Untrustworthy
Carried: Wakizashi, Black Fancy Clothing, Chop, Writ of the Asako Inquisitors, Maho Warding Amulet, Jade Amulet, Trash Queen (Tabby Cat)

TN 0 to be Recognized.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2020 8:14 pm 

Matsu Mogami wrote:
"The ashigaru I pressed into service remained at Toshi no Omoidoso to help defend the city, but my Budoka are here and well. Tsuruga got banged up pretty good yesterday, but with the aid of the kami is feeling much better"

"This one hopes they serve nobly and well." says Kayou.

"This one wishes your budoka a speedy recovery. Though she fear more injuries are on the way as the Usurper's forces must be coming soon."

Description
Art by Joanne Kwan

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2020 8:19 pm 

Arriving just a mite tardily is the local giant of the Crane clan, doing his best to remain unobtrusive in spite of himself. This clearly was not his scene, but he couldn't miss the Lion clan's first major effort to engage in managing public debate.

Oblivious to the arguments that have gone before, he smiled pleasantly at one of the Akodo guards before moving to the side of his clansman, content to observe for the moment.

Owns: Kyuzo

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2020 8:26 pm 

Chihaya followed the hubbub with a subdued expression, contemplating how, if at all, she would join in.

(PM if you wish to speak to a Sparrow)

Profile :: Theme

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 267 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 14  Next