It is currently Sat Sep 21, 2024 2:09 pm

Post subject: Re: Nakodo Finding [D8, Late Morning] OPEN
PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2020 3:47 pm 

Horonigai sits in seiza elegantly, carefully removing her katana and setting it at her side.

She takes a look on Tani being polite while trying to sit in seiza and serve tea. All this done in armor. To that she bows in thanks. She knew the pain it could cause if one would be sitting like that for too long.

"Shitsurei, ne, Matsu-san. Please, let me serve you. " Horonigai lifts up on her knees, and pours to Tani. Returning to seiza, sfter a good sip, she says, "Ne, Matsu-san, I feel much refreshed. It is always good to think over things with serenity."

Gear: daisho, another classy fan, another extravagant furisode (or plain kimono and hakama), silk umbrella, jade obi dome (pendant), golden kushi kanzashi (head comb).
Duty/Outside: Armor Up!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2020 3:53 pm 

"It is an honor to serve," she stated calmly, taking the cup poured for her and sipping gently on it. "I would not dare to pry over the nature of your letter. But were you also hoping to discuss more terms in regards to your own impending Match?"

Glorious Death in battle is never untimely.

Equipment: Daisho, Kimono (functional or exceptional, depending on situation), Finger of Jade (hanging on a necklace around her neck), heavy armor (when appropriate), Fan, Bisento (when appropriate)

Description

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2020 10:10 pm 

She nods positively. "Un! If I would be allowed to, hai. I don't actually know what's written."

Gear: daisho, another classy fan, another extravagant furisode (or plain kimono and hakama), silk umbrella, jade obi dome (pendant), golden kushi kanzashi (head comb).

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2020 10:56 pm 

She nodded. "It is not necessarily the messenger's role to know the contents of the message." She let out a small laugh of amusement.

Equipment: Daisho, Kimono (functional or exceptional, depending on situation), Finger of Jade (hanging on a necklace around her neck), heavy armor (when appropriate), Fan, Bisento (when appropriate)

Description

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2020 4:18 pm 

Horonigai laughs with Tani. "It is about me, so, I guess it is proper I am not aware."

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2020 4:20 pm 

"Very proper indeed," she nodded. "At least one has prospects, hai? It seems your path forward is very clear indeed."

Description

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2020 4:38 pm 

She nods then, Horonigai shrugs. "Not so clear now that I can't find the Imperial Nakodo. I also can't cross to Phoenix lands, to check where, and if the Nakodo fled elsewhere, since there's an army marching toward us."

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2020 4:44 pm 

"That does create a delay, yes." She nodded. "I don't know if the advice of one lowly Matsu is worth anything, but it may be simpler for now to focus on the things you can control. With an army still marching toward us, matters of marriage might be able to wait until it has been stopped."

Description

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2020 5:05 pm 

She closes her eyes a bit, thinking over the matter. "Anno..."

Horonigai finishes her tea, trying to be polite with Tani. Horonigai herself knows how painful being in seiza and serving tea could be after a long time.

"Matsu-san has a point. Yet, it is my duty to marry and have children. Even if I cannot control the situation now, I must make all I can to see it go through."

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2020 5:12 pm 

Tani did not seem to mind, at least, or she at least made no show of it. "On the contrary, one thinks that if you do too much, you risk showing a lack of faith in those whose duty it is to see to your marital needs. When the time is possible, deliver your letter. But for now, keep your focus on the larger picture." A pause. She drank her tea. "Gomen. It is not my place to say such things."

Description

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2020 5:35 pm 

Horonigai blinks at the suggestion, not really understanding if that was offensive. Probably not. The Seppun sighs, "Ne. Matsu-san. It is not about lack of faith. I should have delivered this letter during the Imperial Winter Court."

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2020 5:37 pm 

"That is in the past," she shook her head. "Dwelling on what happened in the past does not change it. It is why regret is a Sin." Seeing as how she hadn't cut Tani off by now, she figured she'd continue. "Focus on the moment now. It's the only thing that you can change. When you find the Imperial Nakodo, you will have finished that duty. But knowing that she is not here, it does no one good to focus on it further until it is a duty that you can complete."

Description

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2020 6:52 pm 

"Ara. I am not dwell-" She pauses, and completes. "Ok, I am partially dwelling. Shitsurei shimasu." Horonigai apologizes and nods.

Is this the famous Matsu scold? Horonigai wonders, I thought it would be louder.

"I won't complain about finding the Imperial Nakodo anymore. Are you happy?"

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2020 6:54 pm 

"I am content," she nodded calmly. Happy was not the right word. "I spent this morning making peace with my ancestors and writing my Death Haiku. As such, I am as prepared for the day as one can be."

Description

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2020 8:36 pm 

She tilts her head, prying a bit, "Anno... why would you write such a thing today?"

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2020 8:37 pm 

"I have been requested for a mission," she explained, "though I cannot divulge the details at this time. The mission is expected to be a one way journey."

Description

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2020 8:48 pm 

"I am honored." Horonigai provides a seated bow. "Thank you for your service, Matsu-san. May the kami guide your path in this journey."

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2020 8:53 pm 

"You honor me with your well wishes, Seppun-sama. I pray only for the success of this mission, that it might serve the Empire."

Description

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2020 2:07 am 

"Please, come back so I may offer tea to you in return some day, onegaishimasu!" Horonigai smiles to the Lion.

/Scene?