It is currently Sat Sep 21, 2024 2:01 pm

Post subject: Re: [Day Eight - Late Afternoon] The Local Brew
PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2020 1:56 pm 

"There are a lot of sudden changes with everything, I guess," she chuckled. "I hadn't left the Dragon lands prior to recently and I have to admit that I found a few things different with just being here. The most noticeable one just falling out of my routine, especially one I had done for several years now with helping the students and even maintaining my form."

She narrowed her eyes in thought on the next plate of rice cakes that were brought in, placing a hand on her abdomen. I guess I've been eating more of these lately too...That's probably not good...

Character Profile • Art by Joanne Kwan

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2020 6:04 pm 

"Oh, certainly my routine has been all over the place. But it's the little things that count for me; Getting up with the dawn, bathing in the evening... that sort of thing. Even aboard ship I've managed to finagle that kind of stuff. Perhaps that's why I think of traveling like I do; It keeps my routines as intact as possible."

As for Yukarin, her stomach was a never ending pit for rice. She could almost eat as many rice cakes in one sitting as noodles.

Honor: Expected | Glory: 1.0 | Infamy 0.1 | Status: 1.0
carries: wakizashi, dice & cup, heirloom jewelry, pearl & jade necklace, tiny Daikoku statue, coin purse, hand fan, silk umbrella, bottle of Golden Carp, sake cups, personal seal

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2020 6:22 pm 

She placed a hand on her chin and nodded. "You are right that sometimes the small things are good enough, any semblance of the familiar. I suppose in my travels, I've found myself trying to pull from things that are familiar to me by association, like the dojo and the onsen bath at Toshi no Omoidoso. There are some things that are entirely foreign to me that I am giving a try too, like this court."

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2020 6:30 pm 

"Well good! Just try to remember to appreciate such things I suppose, and things will often work out, even when we're lost in what to do, since they provide that base and structure to everything else."

carries: wakizashi, dice & cup, heirloom jewelry, pearl & jade necklace, tiny Daikoku statue, coin purse, hand fan, silk umbrella, bottle of Golden Carp, sake cups, personal seal

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2020 7:39 pm 

"Hai, they do provide certain pillars that we can focus on, regardless where we find ourselves. Kind of like familiar landmarks, right? Then again, I'm also sure that once I become more comfortable with travelling and home, should I get that opportunity...perhaps I will find those landmarks within myself? Maybe there is a mastery of the self when it comes to being abroad..." she pondered out loud.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2020 7:48 pm 

"I wouldn't be surprised. It could just be another thing one can practice on, a skill. Maybe it would do me some good to try out some travel in different circumstances..."

Yukarin finished the new rice cake, then bowed in her seat, "Anyways, you've given me a lot to think about and quite the pleasant discussion, Mirumoto-sama. Thank you for that. I hope sharing your table was as enlightening for you as well."

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2020 9:15 pm 

Wasako considered finishing her idea with, 'maybe the home we seek was in our hearts the entire time', but that felt too silly. She was going to leave it to her sensei to make a point like that and make it sound wise.

"Oh, I'm glad that I was able to bring something to the table. I think you've managed to enlighten on a few things that I scarcely have much knowledge about," she said before bowing in return. "Thank you, Yasuki-san."

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2020 9:54 pm 

Yukarin would not have felt too silly to say that, had she thought of it, but she hadn't. So, instead, she picked up her umbrella and bowed deep.

"May the Fortunes watch over the both of us, so I may one day visit you in the lands of the Dragon."

And then she was weaving her way out.

/exit

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2020 12:37 am 

Wasako returned to finishing her cup of tea and do some leisurely people watching.

/scene