It is currently Sat Sep 21, 2024 5:18 pm

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 267 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 14  Next
 Post subject: Re: The Lion's Court (D9, Early Afternoon)
PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2020 11:40 am 

Doji Monkhbaatar wrote:
Seeing another wallflower, and a Unicorn to boot, Monkhbaatar decided to introduce himself. Moving to the Moto, he relaxes more formal etiquette he had grilled into him a little bit. But only a little.

"Good afternoon Moto-san," he says with a respectful bow, just before offing a hand clasp in the traditional Unicorn manner. "I am Doji Monkhbaatar."

Akemi caught the approach as the man of clear Unicorn ancestry approached. There was amusement in her mind as she smiled and bowed, before the still alien to her Unicorn hand clasp. At least after all this time she didn't pale at the very unavoidable touching!

"Good afternoon Doji-san. This is an interesting turn of events, I haven't met any that married from my current clan to my former" Akemi covered a laugh behind her sleeve "I am Moto Akemi. It is an honour to meet you. I hope you are well?"

On person: Pretty kimono, Scroll Satchel, Wakizashi, Fan, calligraphy set & Paper, Tea set (sometimes), Light armour, Han-kyu and arrows(sometimes)

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2020 11:49 am 

"Ah! That is interesting," he says with a smile. "I am doing well enough, all things considered. Though this is the first time I've been in a court setting so..." looking around the room before continuing, "... it is a bit much to take in."

"I hope you have found it as easy to adapt to your new clan as I have. The Crane have been very accommodating and understanding. The culture shock is really something no?"

Equipment: Daisho, armor, dai-kyu, sake cup, bottle of water, knife, Meushi

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2020 11:54 am 

"Court is a very unique experience if you've never experienced it before" Akemi nodded "however you seem to be doing fine, so I'm sure you'll get used to it in no time."

There was a pause as she considered how to word the next part.

"Culture shock...hai, that would be appropriate. I have had to learn a lot in a very short space of time. Thankfully I have been able to give back as much, as I have taken to teaching the more traditional Rokugani ways to those who wish to learn it. Mostly the children, as they will have to carry the future of the clan. It's been very rewarding though."

On person: Pretty kimono, Scroll Satchel, Wakizashi, Fan, calligraphy set & Paper, Tea set (sometimes), Light armour, Han-kyu and arrows(sometimes)

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2020 12:00 pm 

Kashiwagi listened and then said, "The Empress has a potentially illegitimate heir, Seppun Kato is of the correct lineage it is not unprecedented for him to ascend in such troubling times."

Status: 4.0 | Glory: 10.0 | Infamy: .4 | Honor: Untrustworthy
Carried: Wakizashi, Black Fancy Clothing, Chop, Writ of the Asako Inquisitors, Maho Warding Amulet, Jade Amulet, Trash Queen (Tabby Cat)

TN 0 to be Recognized.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2020 12:05 pm 

"I'm happy to know that they are getting a good education from a former Crane. My instruction in the fine art of not making a total fool of myself was pretty comprehensive. It was difficult forcing myself to not use everyone's given name, but it did seem to upset my father a bit. Things have been much smoother with my new family since they arranged for that training." He chuckles when he thinks of the first time he used Ameka's father's given name. You'd have thought that Monkhbaatar had slapped the man with a mud covered hand.

"Though that focused education has put my desire to learn more of theology on hold."

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2020 12:19 pm 

Doji Monkhbaatar wrote:
"I'm happy to know that they are getting a good education from a former Crane. My instruction in the fine art of not making a total fool of myself was pretty comprehensive. It was difficult forcing myself to not use everyone's given name, but it did seem to upset my father a bit. Things have been much smoother with my new family since they arranged for that training." He chuckles when he thinks of the first time he used Ameka's father's given name. You'd have thought that Monkhbaatar had slapped the man with a mud covered hand.

"Though that focused education has put my desire to learn more of theology on hold."

"If it makes it easier, you can use mine" Akemi said with a smile "and hai, I'm doing the best I can with the children. I kind of wish some of the other adults would take the lessons as well, some have listened in but I don't know if they really want to change their ways. Especially clothing! My husband has been more accepting, thankfully, although I have spent precious little time with him before he left. "

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2020 12:27 pm 

"It's not surprising that the older Unicorn don't wish to change their ways. Particularly the Moto. Before the Great Ride, none were ever expected to adopt so completely. Before arriving in the empire the Unicorn simply interacted with other cultures and found common ground. And usually it was the Ide that did so. They are masters of the art of cultural merging."

"I suppose it doesn't help that so many have already gone back out, but the reward for their success is a returned Shinjo-kami, so I would say it's worth the cost."

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2020 12:43 pm 

Togashi Mai wrote:

"Lion-sama," Mai said, having walked through the crowds and found herself the mon of a Samurai that she sought. "May, if it is no bother to you or your purpose," she said, indicating a spot just a ways away from the central focus of the room, "might I bother you for some conversation?"

Tani looked to the Togashi, her head tilting for a brief moment. But she nodded and bowed. "Hai, of course, Togashi-sama. I would be glad to speak with you."

Glorious Death in battle is never untimely.

Equipment: Daisho, Kimono (functional or exceptional, depending on situation), Finger of Jade (hanging on a necklace around her neck), heavy armor (when appropriate), Fan, Bisento (when appropriate)

Description

Last edited by Matsu Tani on Tue Apr 21, 2020 8:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2020 12:56 pm 

Doji Monkhbaatar wrote:
"It's not surprising that the older Unicorn don't wish to change their ways. Particularly the Moto. Before the Great Ride, none were ever expected to adopt so completely. Before arriving in the empire the Unicorn simply interacted with other cultures and found common ground. And usually it was the Ide that did so. They are masters of the art of cultural merging."

"I suppose it doesn't help that so many have already gone back out, but the reward for their success is a returned Shinjo-kami, so I would say it's worth the cost."

"I can understand that, it's been difficult for me to adapt to many things. Before four years ago I had never left the Asahina temples. Now since that time I have served in a war, visited many other clan lands and now been welcomed into a very unique culture. It's been quite a journey for a little Doji girl" Akemi chuckled "the Tao says Every journey begins with a single step. It feels fitting for the Unicorn, ne? Hopefully this latest journey will bring Shinjo-no-kami home, although it amazes me that a kami is still alive so many hundreds of years later."

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2020 1:08 pm 

"Asahina temples?" He finally takes notice of the scroll case she carries. "So you are a priestess? I..." His expression gets a bit sad.

"I imagine you are familiar with Crane funeral rites then?"

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2020 1:26 pm 

Oh no...not again...

Akemi's smile started to slip away at the question.

"Hai, I'm familiar with them. I've had to perform them before. Why do you ask?"

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2020 1:31 pm 

"Two Crane samurai passed to Meido at the embassy yesterday. The ambassador, Kakita Airi, and a surgeon from the academy, Doji Koushi. They are currently lying in rest and we haven't had the chance to perform their rites," he replies.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2020 1:42 pm 

Seitouna has, as usual, set up to take notes on events.
Quote:
The Lion convened court on [Day 9], inviting all to attend. Not all did, of course, with a letter from Agasha Poemu noting her personal objection. And it made for a strange time to hear so many speak in favor of a confirmed kinslayer in the court of a Clan whose founder had inveighed against that very thing.

Writing such, he is moved to speak, doing so reasonably eloquently (Courtier 30 against TN 25 for 3 Imperialist Points) before returning to his seat and his writing.

Thinking * Speaking Merenae * Speaking Thrane
Generally wears decent kimono & sandals, jitte, wakizashi
Wears extravagant kimono & sandals and wakizashi at court
Almost always has paper and something to write with
Public Profile

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2020 1:44 pm 

Doji Monkhbaatar wrote:
"Two Crane samurai passed to Meido at the embassy yesterday. The ambassador, Kakita Airi, and a surgeon from the academy, Doji Koushi. They are currently lying in rest and we haven't had the chance to perform their rites," he replies.

"I see" Akemi lowered her head respectfully "my apology for your losses. I would be happy to assist, although as I am not Crane anymore I'm not sure if this would be acceptable. I can come to the Crane embassy to speak with whoever is running it to see if they are ok with me doing it?"

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2020 1:46 pm 

"I'm not aware of anyone more qualified than an Asahina trained priestess in the city," he says. "Please feel free to come by any time. Currently Doji Suiminko-sama is in charge of the embassy."

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2020 2:00 pm 

Doji Monkhbaatar wrote:
"I'm not aware of anyone more qualified than an Asahina trained priestess in the city," he says. "Please feel free to come by any time. Currently Doji Suiminko-sama is in charge of the embassy."

"The Imperial Advisor?" Akemi commented, surprised "hai. After court? I would just need a moment to return to the Unicorn embassy but after that I can come straight to the Crane embassy and meet you there."

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2020 2:32 pm 

Tsukimi was a little tardy this day, so she took up a place to the side to listen and watch before speaking.

----

OOC: afk for work. Please PM if approached.

“At times, the voice of peace must ring like Thunder.”

Has: Sacred Daisho, Light Armor (battle), necklace of prayer beads (jade), figurine of Jizo, parchment and charcoal, white cowl. Lion tattoo on left arm, Dragon tattoo on left thigh.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2020 2:39 pm 

Togashi Tsukimi wrote:
Tsukimi was a little tardy this day, so she took up a place to the side to listen and watch before speaking.

----

OOC: afk for work. Please PM if approached.

The Dragon was approached by the Scorpion. "Togashi-san?" Sara asked with a hint of uncertainty, eyeing the blades at Tsukimi's side.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2020 3:57 pm 

Despite her diplomatic superior's letter to the governor, Wasako made an appearance in court on this rather rainy and spiritual afternoon. The day had been rather peculiar for many reasons, many bombshells had been dropped and she had found herself outside the blast radius. Even if she wasn't planning on speaking, which she might, it was good just to gather the general mood of the city from the samurai present.

(Please PM if approached, thank you.)

Character Profile • Art by Joanne Kwan

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2020 4:12 pm 

Moto Akemi wrote:
"The Imperial Advisor?" Akemi commented, surprised "hai. After court? I would just need a moment to return to the Unicorn embassy but after that I can come straight to the Crane embassy and meet you there."

"I would appreciate that a great deal. And I'm certain Koushi and Airi will rest easy with your assistance," he says with a nod.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 267 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 14  Next