It is currently Sat Sep 21, 2024 12:07 pm

Post subject: A bath a day (Day 9 EE)
PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2020 4:51 am 

"I'm starting to really love this bathhouse." Maiya admits as she slips into the water. "It just soothes away everything."

Speaking to her cousin and stretching in the water she felt very content. The city wasn't under siege and she was enjoying each day meeting new samurai from across the Empire.

"How are you finding the bathhouse and how are you finding the city Ama-chan?"

Post subject: Re: A bath a day (Day 9 EE)
PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2020 5:03 am 

"Warm and clear. Cold and muddy." Amaya answers and settles into the soothing bath to sit at her cousin's side. Then her shoulders visibly relax, as the comfortable warmth begins to spread through her.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2020 5:12 am 

After the day she'd had, Chihaya was surprised she could still walk, so tense did she feel.

With a soft sigh, she made her way into the bath house, shedding her kimono and claiming a towel.

Wrapping it about herself, she took a seat by the baths, washing off the mess of the day, lathering up her hair, and then upending a bucket of warm water over her head.

Profile :: Theme

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2020 10:30 am 

Although she had taken time after arriving to clean up at the Unicorn 'embassy', Akemi had wanted to take a proper bath after a long day. Although her hair wasn't as long as it used to be, it was still quite long by most standards, and always took a long time to wash. Not that the little Moto minded.

After undressing and wrapping up, she went to find a place by the baths to watch her lovely long hair...and paused. She knew that face!

"Suzume Chihaya-sama?"

The Sparrow woman would see a smallish girl with white hair and bright blue eyes. Looking and sounding very familiar....

She gave the woman a warm smile and a bow before moving to find somewhere to sit and wash through her hair.

On person: Pretty kimono, Scroll Satchel, Wakizashi, Fan, calligraphy set & Paper, Tea set (sometimes), Light armour, Han-kyu and arrows(sometimes)

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2020 10:48 am 

This muck was just....ugh. cold and slushy and ugh. He'd washed himself off before slithering his way into the main portion of the bathhouse. Blinking at those gathered, he carefully slid into the water, coiling his tail tightly as he could, still managing to take up the space of two people, though his eyes closed happily at the warmth soaking in, seemingly aware of those that were there, but the warmth was more important at this moment.

Carries: Silk clothing, White silk vest that seems to shimmer in the light, several fine bracelets of silver. Travel pack, hunting knife, Yumi (Where Appropriate), Jade Spear (Where Appropriate)

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2020 11:12 am 

Kaiu Amaya wrote:
"Warm and clear. Cold and muddy." Amaya answers and settles into the soothing bath to sit at her cousin's side. Then her shoulders visibly relax, as the comfortable warmth begins to spread through her.

"That's true. About both. It is especially muddy today isn't it?" Maiya had started merrily until the Naga arrived. That cooled her enthusiasm to chat.

Unaware of the two women doing their hair in the washing area away from the baths, the Crab only noticed the large creature that had slid into the water without so much as a 'hello' or an 'excuse me'.

She was not best pleased.

Rude snake!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2020 11:41 am 

"Yes. Don't like it." Amaya answers her cousin, moments before a big snake person suddenly slides into the bath and she ends up staring at him with surprise written on her face.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2020 11:51 am 

He gave a slow blink at the stare, and managed to bush a little. "Please forgive my rudeness Minna-sama. Just, was so cold and the water was so warm and Inviting. I am known as The Shakanar, Vedic of the Pale Eye, and an advisor among Tausha's Legion." He gave a faint bow, the best he could curled up in the corner in the warm water. Shifting his coils a little, he leaned on one, using it as an armrest almost, eyes half closed in bliss at the warmth.

Carries: Silk clothing, White silk vest that seems to shimmer in the light, several fine bracelets of silver. Travel pack, hunting knife, Yumi (Where Appropriate), Jade Spear (Where Appropriate)

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2020 12:05 pm 

Some of her offence dissipated with the apology. She could understand the water being inviting and warm. She was in it.

As the Shakanar finishes his introduction she gives a dip of her head. Vedic. Wasn't that what the Hilsilage said he was? "Kaiu Maiya. My cousin, Kaiu Amaya. The water is very nice, hai."

She closes her eyes and sinks into it herself, doing her best not to mind what her instincts wanted her to treat as an intruder.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2020 12:06 pm 

The smaller of the two Crab gives a small bow, when she is introduced. Watching him enjoy the comfort of the warm bathwater makes her smile a little bit and lean back to do the same. This time with open eyes, because the sight before her is just too curious.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2020 12:31 pm 

"Kaiu....So you hail from Crab Lands? I have not been since winter court last year. It was....informative indeed." A faint chuckle. "Your champion had invited me when they came to Ryoko Owari earlier that year. They were apparently rather impressed I could greet such a delegation as they brought, and kept up with drinking with the party, though I lagged behind and my memory got fuzzier as the night got later." H hand ran over his scalp and a slight blush. "Still, i found the crab lands refreshingly open."

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2020 12:52 pm 

The usually chatty Crab found herself being outdone by the large snake man who was clearly now warm enough to be comfortable. While she longed for some quiet there was Courtesy to attend to.

Maiya pushed herself up to sit straight, opening her eyes and listening to the naga. A lot of what he said was news to her. A lot of it also sounded like bragging?

"Being able to speak to Hida-sama is a great honour. Impressing her even moreso. Thank you for your kind words on Crab lands." If he was a Crane they would have come across as insulting, but she gave him the benefit of the doubt.

"What brings you to Nikesake?"

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2020 5:39 pm 

Chihaya blinked in surprise.

Her memory jogged about a bit, but eventually furnished a name. "Doji Akemi-san?"

Pulling her hair back, she squeezed the water out of it, and then flipped it forward again to hide the scar of her left eye - she didn't want to put anyone else off their bath.

"I haven't seen you in some time. What brings you north now, and to Lion lands no less?"

And to a city where your kin were just stabbed in the back, no less. I hope you are keeping yourself safe.

Her memory of Akemi was not that of a fighter.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2020 6:12 pm 

"Hai! Although it's now Moto Akemi" Akemi said with a big smile at the woman "it has been quite some time! The...wedding, ne?"

She decided that wasn't a great topic, hiding a grimace as she ran her fingers through her long (but not as long as before) hair.

"You are looking well, it's really great to see you again. As for why I am here? I was asked to. Well, not here here, Nikesake wasn't where I was previously, but well...the Unicorn needed courtiers, and I am a trained courtier. Although I hadn't expected to need to call on my experiences of the Shinomen instead of my experiences of Kyuden Doji. What brings you here? Court also?"

On person: Pretty kimono, Scroll Satchel, Wakizashi, Fan, calligraphy set & Paper, Tea set (sometimes), Light armour, Han-kyu and arrows(sometimes)

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2020 6:55 pm 

Amaya has heard about the naga, but this one is the first she has ever met. It is hard to hide her curiosity, but fortunately her cousin is already asking the important questions.

All she needs to do is observe. And it is comforting to learn that the strange man has such a good impression of their home. He has even met their champion too! That is pretty amazing.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2020 7:54 pm 

Chihaya contemplated how to respond to such an enthusiastic summary, and finally managed. "Well, I was traveling, trying to deal with some politically related issues, and suffered an injury. I was recovering in Toshi no Omoidasu until it came under attack - at which point I aided the evacutation to here."

A faint shrug.

"It wasn't exactly how I expected to spend my winter, but here we are."

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2020 9:13 pm 

"So you were travelling, and political issues caused you to become trapped in a Lion city?" Akemi paused, thinking, before laughing.

"Kami Suzume-sama, I feel like we always seem to come together when there's trouble brewing. Perhaps it's fate? I'm glad you are here in a way though, there is few I would trust more to protect those who cannot protect themselves than you."

She looked over her shoulder at Chihaya.

"At least this time it appears to be a more straightforward enemy, rather than someone stealing my hair, ne?"

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2020 10:54 pm 

Chihaya chuckled. "Asako Kashiwagi-san said something similar, but in a more... Kashiwagi sort of way."

She lifted her face, gazing down her nose slightly, and continued, in a dry, sardonic tone which dripped with gravitas, "We are both called by fate to do the bidding of the Empire, Suzume-san - brought to where we are most needed."

Resuming her normal mode of speech, she added, "Or something similar to that - it does seem rather too much for coincidence, however, and it is good to see those with experience here... if we could handle the Naga, we can handle this."

She seemed oblivious to... well... a naga being but a dozen feet away.

"I... do not believe I know about anyone who stole hair, however... I hope no such monsters were lurking in the valley - I am sorry that I had to depart before the ceremony could conclude."

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2020 11:29 pm 

"Myself and a companion were traveling from phoenix lands towards home, when we stopped in Toshi no Omoidoso and received the news. I came here with the rest of those that vacated that castle for here to give what advice I could and offer what help I could, while she headed home to let our leader know what was happening to the north, to prepare for the worst." A faint sight, as he shifted a little, the coils that were above water sinking and being replaced by those that had been warmed as he lounged on them to absorb the heat. His eyes flickered over to the sparrow as she mentioned handling the Naga, looking faintly amused. "What brought two of the Kaiu north, if I may ask? Perhaps overseeing the project the crab got funding from the emperor on......It was a road project i seem to recall, but you'll have to forgive me for not remembering the exact name."

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2020 11:33 pm 

"I thought I heard Asako-samas voice during that strange court session.." Akemi nodded "hai, too much coincidence. It seems that when war comes calling the Heavens bring us all together. I'm unsure why they keep calling on me though, I'm still the same pacifist I was during the Shinomen campaign. Still, the water kami seems to be in abundance, so healing should be easier ne?"

She looked round at Chihaya.

"I know it has been some time, but I did tell you about it. It turns out it was the Sparrow Magistrate that was leading the investigation that did it, Suzume Metoru. That is in the past though, and I don't hold any ill feelings towards the Sparrow. You are all still dear to me, and I pray that the soil continues to help the harvest."

The little Moto rose, holding her towel close, ready to head to the bath.