It is currently Sat Sep 21, 2024 3:38 pm

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 267 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 14  Next
 Post subject: Re: The Lion's Court (D9, Early Afternoon)
PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2020 7:19 am 

A deep bow back to the Scorpion.

For a second, if he's at all skilled at court, he can see a silent mental battle on the monk's features.

Whichever side wins, he responds, "Surely it is only my own lack of understanding Soshi-sama. I am led by my understanding of Bushido and the Tao, but have been told that the ways of court are myriad and opaque to the uninitiated."

“We tell the tale of heroes to remind ourselves that we also can be great.”

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2020 7:35 am 

Kodama wrote:
A deep bow back to the Scorpion.

For a second, if he's at all skilled at court, he can see a silent mental battle on the monk's features.

Whichever side wins, he responds, "Surely it is only my own lack of understanding Soshi-sama. I am led by my understanding of Bushido and the Tao, but have been told that the ways of court are myriad and opaque to the uninitiated."

"I've always found it to be the other way around," Tameaki admits, "but I suppose it has everything to do with background and training. Perhaps I might assist you in unraveling the political mystery you're witnessing?"

Carries/Wears: Extravagant clothing, wakizashi, jitte, mask, fan, personal seal

Last edited by Soshi Tameaki on Tue Apr 21, 2020 10:33 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2020 7:41 am 

He certainly looks like part of him wants to ask.

He struggles with phrasing a response.

He finally settles with, "I am not certain my question can be asked without giving offense. Though I thank you for the offer, Soshi-sama, to one as humble as I."

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2020 7:51 am 

Sat in attendance Mai listened along, all too preoccupied with the thought that the rain which seemed to follow them offered only a fitting backdrop to the melancholy that followed their stories. There was much and more now on the table, and she wanted to try and at least be knowledgeable about the direction in which the Empire was shifting even if she herself had not yet chosen to speak her voice.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2020 8:05 am 

The Shakanar furrowed his brow as he listened to the arguments swirling around him, especially those they were coming from. His rebuttals to them were kind, pointing out the horrors that had already poured from Toshigoku and the Steel Chrysanthemum. That they were honor bound to stop those horrors from being visited on the rest of the empire if at all possible. He was curled up on the side of the court as he watched still, words given to those who came to speak to him, giving his support as much as possible

(Influence Roll. 4 raises called tn 35 38
5 imperialist points )

Carries: Silk clothing, White silk vest that seems to shimmer in the light, several fine bracelets of silver. Travel pack, hunting knife, Yumi (Where Appropriate), Jade Spear (Where Appropriate)

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2020 8:06 am 

Togashi Mai wrote:
Sat in attendance Mai listened along, all too preoccupied with the thought that the rain which seemed to follow them offered only a fitting backdrop to the melancholy that followed their stories. There was much and more now on the table, and she wanted to try and at least be knowledgeable about the direction in which the Empire was shifting even if she herself had not yet chosen to speak her voice.

Having spoken her peace, Yukarin went over to the side of the room, where a young Dragon woman watched quietly. Yukarin bowed her head t ok the samurai-ko as she found a seat nearby.

Honor: Expected | Glory: 1.0 | Infamy 0.1 | Status: 1.0
carries: wakizashi, dice & cup, heirloom jewelry, pearl & jade necklace, tiny Daikoku statue, coin purse, hand fan, silk umbrella, bottle of Golden Carp, sake cups, personal seal

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2020 8:30 am 

Kodama wrote:
He certainly looks like part of him wants to ask.

He struggles with phrasing a response.

He finally settles with, "I am not certain my question can be asked without giving offense. Though I thank you for the offer, Soshi-sama, to one as humble as I."

Tameaki isn't the type to care about causing offense, but his expression indicates he understands.

"It's no trouble," he says, shaking his head. "Now more than ever we need the wisdom of the Brotherhood, so anything I can do to help, I will."

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2020 8:45 am 

A new face appeared in the court. With perfect skin and white hair, along with the blues in her kimono, one might be confused at this new Cranes arrival. Until they spot the Unicorn mons.

Akemi, wanting to get a feel for the court rather than jumping in right away, kept to the side and just listened for now. Giving anyone who looked her way a smile and a nod.

(ooc - potential big thread, pm me if you want to talk!)

On person: Pretty kimono, Scroll Satchel, Wakizashi, Fan, calligraphy set & Paper, Tea set (sometimes), Light armour, Han-kyu and arrows(sometimes)

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2020 8:46 am 

He contemplates those words. "The Tao says, 'Wisdom comes in finding the opportunities that dilemmas provide.'" He looks up to the magistrate. "There are plenty of dilemmas it seems these days."

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2020 8:54 am 

Shosuro Sara was there, of course, preening in proper get up as she should be, her black and red fan contrasting against her pale skin as she spoke.

"Arigatou minna-sama, for your wise opinions. I only have one thing to offer....the Emperor recognized his child as his child, nor, as far as we are aware, afford Seppun Kato-sama with any sort of confidential role. Furthermore, Hantei XVI is a still a murdering cur. I still believe that the Empress Regent is our legal bastion in these trying times. Arigatou for listening to me."

OOC:
D9 EA Imperialist Influence Courtier/Awa, 3 CR for points, tn 30, VP for +1k1: 8d10o10k5 42

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2020 9:01 am 

Kodama wrote:
He contemplates those words. "The Tao says, 'Wisdom comes in finding the opportunities that dilemmas provide.'" He looks up to the magistrate. "There are plenty of dilemmas it seems these days."

"With them come many people hoping to seize the opportunities," agrees Tameaki. "The real trick is matching the right opportunity to the right person..."

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2020 9:46 am 

Hachi had actually been here from the start, but only to listen. And he was confused by some of what he was hearing. Very confused. But, that was acceptable. He had been confused many times, and knew that with time, he would eventually figure it out. Or accept it as not being able to be figured out.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2020 9:54 am 

Isawa Hachi wrote:
Hachi had actually been here from the start, but only to listen. And he was confused by some of what he was hearing. Very confused. But, that was acceptable. He had been confused many times, and knew that with time, he would eventually figure it out. Or accept it as not being able to be figured out.

Seeing another confused expression, Tameaki motions to Hachi, inviting the Isawa to join the impromptu discussion group.

"The more, the merrier," he says simply, "especially when there is a puzzle to solve."

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2020 9:57 am 

"Two, I would think. First, why now, after so many days, does the Emperor's brother's name come up. And why are so many suddenly arguing for the Steel Flower, and doing so in such a . . . not efficient fashion for the most part."

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2020 10:33 am 

"The first, I imagine, is answered by the reasons I presented earlier," conjectures Tameaki. "While he may not be the heir as determined by the centuries-old laws of succession, Seppun-sama is close enough to be considered acceptable, and he is both of age and a proven warrior. There is now no longer any question of the threat posed by the fury spirits, so those are qualities that we desperately need now. Thus has opened a path to the Throne. We will need men of his quality to survive what is coming, but there is a gap between an admirable man and an Emperor."

He pauses for a moment, considering the second matter and thinking, perhaps, of his addled young spiritual advisor.

"As for those who argue for the Steel Chrysanthemum...well, it is hard to break with tradition," he suggests, "and many will still look upon him as an Emperor, even though he vacated that office upon his death. That's a hard point to address, so any proposal in support of him will have that weakness at its core. Others seem to be influenced by the latest tactic of that army, which is apparently akin to a haunting. It can be difficult to put aside the voices of honored ancestors, even when they are clearly in the wrong. These latter cases may provide the answer for the ineffective arguments, as it is not the person who poses them, but spirits using them."

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2020 10:38 am 

"Soshi-sama is a respected magistrate, hai?"

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2020 10:43 am 

Matsu Tani wrote:
She was at least sincere in her last statement. But not at all persuasive.

"Lion-sama," Mai said, having walked through the crowds and found herself the mon of a Samurai that she sought. "May, if it is no bother to you or your purpose," she said, indicating a spot just a ways away from the central focus of the room, "might I bother you for some conversation?"

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2020 11:09 am 

Isawa Hachi wrote:
"Soshi-sama is a respected magistrate, hai?"

"'Respected' might be putting it a bit strongly," admits Tameaki. "Like everyone else, I do the best I can."

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2020 11:31 am 

Hachi nods in acceptance of the correction. "How often, in the law, does the brother inherit over the son?"

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2020 11:33 am 

Moto Akemi wrote:

Seeing another wallflower, and a Unicorn to boot, Monkhbaatar decided to introduce himself. Moving to the Moto, he relaxes more formal etiquette he had grilled into him a little bit. But only a little.

"Good afternoon Moto-san," he says with a respectful bow, just before offing a hand clasp in the traditional Unicorn manner. "I am Doji Monkhbaatar."

Equipment: Daisho, armor, dai-kyu, sake cup, bottle of water, knife, Meushi

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 267 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 14  Next