It is currently Sat Sep 21, 2024 5:42 pm

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 127 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 Post subject: Re: Uncomfortable Truths (D9, Late Morning)
PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2020 5:00 am 

"I see," he said, taking note of the strategically placed pauses. "Who is your friend," he says bowing his head towards Iko.

Equipment: Daisho, armor, dai-kyu, sake cup, bottle of water, knife, Meushi

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2020 5:00 am 

Horonigai freezes while her mind races...

That isn't true. Kato-dono would not do this to me. I...

Then she melts the ice with raging fire burning her very heart. She looks to the Miya as if she would shoot Osano Wo's fury from her eyes.

The Miya has nothing to do with this, I can't blame him. I have to understand why. It has to be some sort of strategy so the Lion won't target me. I have to get out of this city and talk to him.

Her eyes get watery, yet she controls them not to shed shame upon herself. Finally, she nods, looking at Sukima, waiting for her to get out of that place.

Gear: daisho, another classy fan, another extravagant furisode (or plain kimono and hakama), silk umbrella, jade obi dome (pendant), golden kushi kanzashi (head comb).
Duty/Outside: Armor Up!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2020 5:02 am 

Doji Monkhbaatar wrote:
"I see," he said, taking note of the strategically placed pauses. "Who is your friend," he says bowing his head towards Iko.

"Friend to the Clan, if not Daidoji-san personally, at least not yet." Iko corrects slightly. "I am Togashi Iko, and I hoped to show that the Crane still have friends and allies to stand with them in these difficult times."

Carries: Daisho, Yumi (where appropriate)
Description

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2020 5:04 am 

Seppun Horonigai wrote:
Horonigai freezes while her mind races...

That isn't true. Kato-dono would not do this to me. I...

Then she melts the ice with raging fire burning her very heart. She looks to the Miya as if she would shoot Osano Wo's fury from her eyes.

The Miya has nothing to do with this, I can't blame him. I have to understand why. It has to be some sort of strategy so the Lion won't target me. I have to get out of this city and talk to him.

Her eyes get watery, yet she controls them not to shed shame upon herself. Finally, she nods, looking at Sukima, waiting for her to get out of that place.

Sukima nodded in return and

/exits.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2020 5:04 am 

"What? He intends to take up the throne when he no longer holds the Hantei name? The Imperial Families have lost their minds! The entire reason for their existence is to support the Emperor! And that Emperor is the Crown Prince, born by the union of the Hantei and Matsu Tokiyo! This is madness and an insult to all in the empire, and more laughable than the Steel Chrysanthemum's claim!"

She looks to all gathered to see if any share her view, and is disheartened to see many already turning to leave.

Mogami's Equipment: Battle: Light Armor, Yumi, Quiver w Flesh Cutter Arrows, Daisho
Court: Decent quality kimono and courtiers fan

Budoka's Tsuruga and Fuwa's Eqiupment:
Battle: Ashigaru Armor | Han-Kyu, Quiver w Willow Leaf Arrows | Yari
Court: Kimono

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2020 5:05 am 

"Doji Monkhbaatar. An honor to meet you, Togashi Iko, even if it's not the best time," he replies, keeping his eyes open.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2020 5:06 am 

Mai was among the assembled crowd, attempting to look among the crowd and understand what reactions relay what truths. Yet, she knew few among the crowd and the situation even less. Thus she merely watched, and listened in the pouring rain.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2020 5:11 am 

Togashi Iko wrote:
Doji Monkhbaatar wrote:

"Friend to the Clan, if not Daidoji-san personally, at least not yet." Iko corrects slightly. "I am Togashi Iko, and I hoped to show that the Crane still have friends and allies to stand with them in these difficult times."

Tetsuko had recognized the woman despite never having been directly introduced. There was something about the way she carried herself. A respectful bow was offered. "It is an honour to meet a Hero of the War of Broken Fangs. As we have yet to be officially introduced, this one is Daidoji Tetsuko."

She gave the Doji a small smile. "Togashi-sama was trained at the Kakita Duelling Academy and is considered to be one of the finest duellists in all of Rokugan. It is said she defeated a Kenku and became its student."

Returning her gaze to the crowd she added: "We greatly appreciate your gesture Togashi-sama."

Day 9. LM. Lore: Heraldry vs Togashi Iko. TN0? Rolling for lolz: 2d10 8

"Oh she's very pretty. For a Daidoji." - Random Doji courtier.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2020 5:12 am 

Nagiko fans herself and avoids the lack of etiquette display by the Lioness in here. They were shocking news that is for certain, attacking the honor of the Lion, and the Scorpion clan seems to be supporting this as well

Scorpion-Lion alliance seems to be over...

Carries: Daisho, Extravagant Clothes, Light-Armor (when appropiate), Fan, Mantis' silk and spices
Profile|Theme 2!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2020 5:16 am 

Nagiko wrote:
Nagiko fans herself and avoids the lack of etiquette display by the Lioness in here. They were shocking news that is for certain, attacking the honor of the Lion, and the Scorpion clan seems to be supporting this as well

Scorpion-Lion alliance seems to be over...

"Things just turned very interesting indeed, eh Nagiko-san?"

The speaker appeared to be a pile of straw leaning against a tree.

Typically carries: Wakizashi, parchment and charcoal, at least one medicine kit, a dark grey blanket, rope and grappling hook

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2020 5:18 am 

Doji Monkhbaatar wrote:
"Doji Monkhbaatar. An honor to meet you, Togashi Iko, even if it's not the best time," he replies, keeping his eyes open.

"It seems there is never a good time Doji-san." Iko replies, not even attempting to fit his personal name in her mouth.

Daidoji Tetsuko wrote:
Returning her gaze to the crowd she added: "We greatly appreciate your gesture Togashi-sama."

"I wish we had time to speak more right now, perhaps soon. I must try and do something before someone says something they regret." She explains as she nods in Mogami's direction

Matsu Mogami wrote:
This is madness and an insult to all in the empire, and more laughable than the Steel Chrysanthemum's claim!"

"Matsu-san? Perhaps the time and place to discuss the announcement of a Miya Herald on behalf of a samurai with the clout of Seppun Kato-sama, is not here? I would hate for you to cause a disturbance, perhaps Ikoma Torii-sama should be advised of this, and quickly, so that she may formulate an appropriate response?"

Description

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2020 5:20 am 

Chihaya looked at the Matsu, and then the Miya.

Stepping slightly closer to the man, she hoped to be there in case she needed to intervene on his behalf, though she prayed none had fallen so low as that.

Profile :: Theme

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2020 5:21 am 

Bayushi Degarashi wrote:
"Things just turned very interesting indeed, eh Nagiko-san?"

The speaker appeared to be a pile of straw leaning against a tree.

'' So it seems...'' Nagiko says to someone who just approached her, not noticing at first who he was and then it clicked in her head as a somewhat familiar voice...

'' Oh, Bayushi-san. I didn't recognized you, how silly of me.'' She bowed. '' Please forgive me, it has been some strange days. How have you been? I hope you have been blessed by Inari-no-kami?'' She said politely.

'' Interesting times indeed. I guess i should give my congratulations for the announcement of this marriage for your Clan's lord family.''

Carries: Daisho, Extravagant Clothes, Light-Armor (when appropiate), Fan, Mantis' silk and spices
Profile|Theme 2!

Last edited by Nagiko on Tue Apr 21, 2020 5:21 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2020 5:21 am 

Mogami bows to Iko in respect, but still addresses everyone gathered

"You have a point, he is a powerful man, though I would remind everyone that the Heralds are for Imperial proclamations, not for the use of personal ploys for power. I do not see my words as a disturbance, but instead a reminder of what order the Empire is supposed to have."

Mogami's Equipment: Battle: Light Armor, Yumi, Quiver w Flesh Cutter Arrows, Daisho

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2020 5:25 am 

Matsu Mogami wrote:
Mogami bows to Iko in respect, but still addresses everyone gathered

"You have a point, he is a powerful man, though I would remind everyone that the Heralds are for Imperial proclamations, not for the use of personal ploys for power. I do not see my words as a disturbance, but instead a reminder of what order the Empire is supposed to have."

Iko is not quite so determined to make a scene and addresses Mogami personally in a last ditch effort.

"Matsu-san, calling into question the veracity and motivation behind such an announcement is not the place of one of your status, or even of mine. You should take your concerns to one who can actually DO something about it, before one of your social betters decides your words are offensive to their ears."

Description

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2020 5:25 am 

Looking to Tetsuko, "Should we offer him hospitality to ease the tension on the streets? With the Imperial Advisor making residence there, that would be seen as appropriate would it not?"

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2020 5:28 am 

Tamaki had arrived from her failure this morning. She wasn't surprised by the announcement. She didn't care either. Kato was a manipulative monster who until very recently was the greatest threat against the throne. But he did kill all the spirits in Toshi Ranbo. So, he had vision. But Tamaki's first concern was the army of slaughter spirits. She'd support the child Emperor for now.

Background

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2020 5:28 am 

The rebuke did seem to hit home and Mogami was silent for a moment, though she continues to look to the crowd to see if any support her words.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2020 5:37 am 

Mindshred wrote:
The Miya closed his scroll and stared off into the distance, trying to keep a straight face.

"Oh! Um... Miya-sama," a young Unicorn said, squeezing through the crowd to approach the herald. "Thank you very much for all the news! But may I ask... do you know if the most honorable Seppun Kato is sending any troops to help us fight Steel Flower?"

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2020 5:46 am 

Moto Baatar wrote:
"Oh! Um... Miya-sama," a young Unicorn said, squeezing through the crowd to approach the herald. "Thank you very much for all the news! But may I ask... do you know if the most honorable Seppun Kato is sending any troops to help us fight Steel Flower?"

The Miya looks down at the Unicorn, seemingly grateful for a change of topic. "I do not hazard to guess the intentions of my superiors. However, take heart in knowing that when I left, Seppun Kato was marshaling whatever forces he could find in order to protect Toshi Ranbo."

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 127 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next