It is currently Sat Sep 21, 2024 11:58 am

Post subject: Kitty Comforts [Day 9 LA]
PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2020 3:59 am 

(Open but expecting)

After being rushed from the gates to a court, Tani appreciated the chance to clean herself properly. She slowly found herself sinking into the bath, letting out a contented sigh as she warmed up. For the first time in two days, she felt relaxed.

Glorious Death in battle is never untimely.

Equipment: Daisho, Kimono (functional or exceptional, depending on situation), Finger of Jade (hanging on a necklace around her neck), heavy armor (when appropriate), Fan, Bisento (when appropriate)

Description

Post subject: Re: Kitty Comforts [Day 9 LA]
PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2020 4:10 am 

Another occupant was finishing up scrubbing herself to get ready for the warm pool. Tsukimi had figured most were still milling about court, or entertaining themselves with private meetings, so that the baths would be mostly unoccupied.

The intricate and beautiful tattoos on her body was a give-away of her allegiance, and where her skin was not inked, it was marred with an unseemly birthmark stretching from the lower parts of her chin and down her neck to her clavicle, or with old scars from burns.

Soon enough though, that was obscured by the water as Tsukimi submerged herself into the comfy waters. "Well met, samurai-sama," she nodded to the Lioness in an informal greeting, making the tips of her short hair briefly touch the water.

“At times, the voice of peace must ring like Thunder.”

Has: Sacred Daisho, Light Armor (battle), necklace of prayer beads (jade), figurine of Jizo, parchment and charcoal, white cowl. Lion tattoo on left arm, Dragon tattoo on left thigh.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2020 4:13 am 

Seeing the arriving person, Tani would bow her head. Coming from behind, Tsukimi got a full view of the Matsu Mon branded into her back. At the least, her allegiance was not unclear. "Dragon-sama," Likely a Togashi, but best to be sure. "The honor is mine. I am Matsu Tani, Nikutai of the First Army of the Matsu and Daughter of the previous Matsu Daimyo."

Equipment: Daisho, Kimono (functional or exceptional, depending on situation), Finger of Jade (hanging on a necklace around her neck), heavy armor (when appropriate), Fan, Bisento (when appropriate)

Description

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2020 4:17 am 

In a way, Tsukimi found it interesting that the Matsu too adorned their skin, though in a different way from the Dragon. Still, she admired the sentiment for a moment.

The former Matsu daimyo? That was interesting. "Togashi Tsukimi, of the Ise Zumi Order. I think I recall seeing you in Toshi no Omoidoso, Matsu-sama?"

Has: Sacred Daisho, Light Armor (battle), necklace of prayer beads (jade), figurine of Jizo, parchment and charcoal, white cowl. Lion tattoo on left arm, Dragon tattoo on left thigh.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2020 4:20 am 

"Indeed. I assisted with the fighting retreat, though in no notable capacity. Most of my victories are best noted from the War of Broken Fangs." Try as she might, sadly the name of Togashi Tsukimi didn't ring a bell... except. "Ah, right! Gomen, Togashi-san. I am shamed to have not immediately recognized you from our scouting efforts back in the city."

She smiled gently, seeming to relax just a bit more. "A lot has happened in the last day. I hope you shall forgive my rudeness."

Recognize Tsukimi. TN 40: 4d10o10k2 17

Description

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2020 4:25 am 

"Ah," Tsukimi bopped herself on the head and actually gave a brief laugh. "Forgive me, Matsu-sama... I couldn't recognize you, with the difference from her in the baths to the great samurai-ko I saw out in the fields that day. It seems much has happened for us both since then."

She smiled reassuringly. "It's no trouble at all that you did not remember me; you had much responsibility that day."

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2020 4:29 am 

"I would say more has weighed on my mind that the scouting mission," she looked up to the sky. "I should be thankful for my Fortune, truth be told. Yesterday I saw a feat I might have thought impossible, and was able to walk away from a suicide mission. And yet," she sighed.

Description

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2020 4:35 am 

"A suicide mission?" the Dragon's eyes widened. "... What happened, if I may ask?"

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2020 4:37 am 

She took a breath. It made sense that not everyone had heard yet, only three people still alive and in Ningen-Do were there. "Kitsu Izumi-sama led a team to Kyuden Asako. We protected her while she closed the portal."

Description

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2020 4:41 am 

The news made her jaw drop for a moment. Then, a deep breath, before she murmured a prayer of thanks.

"That is the best news in a good while, Matsu-sama... praise be," she said, almost reverently. "... What had brought me to this part of the Empire, had been to learn more about the portal there, and how I might assist in seeing it closed. Heavens must have watched over you, Kitsu-sama, and the others, to have been successful."

It was a strange feeling, that what she had set her sights on in the future to work towards, now was done. That it was done without her help wasn't something she dwelled too much on, but rather... there was the void of wondering what could replace that goal now.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2020 4:44 am 

"Indeed. It was not... without casualties, however." She sighed gently. "And I suppose that is where my mind dwells right now. Seppun Chiyo and Ikoma Homura were pulled into Toshigoku as the portal closed. It is... difficult to do more than pray for their safety, as doubtful as it is that they might have survived." She struggled to remember the AKodo's name... but that Akodo was doubtless celebrated in Yomi now.

Description

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2020 4:49 am 

"Hmm..." her eyes closed, giving a moment of silence for those who fell in the course of the mission.

"... It is... moments like this, where we must remember to not let their sacrifices be in vain, Matsu-sama. The gate has now been shut behind the enemy, and we must continue onward. For their sake."

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2020 4:51 am 

She nodded slowly. "I have been considering what that means. I didn't exactly anticipate living to see today. It creates an odd sense of newness to... well... life." She smiled, despite herself. "Homura-san was my friend. She'd be displeased to see me dwell like this, wouldn't she. The only path remaining is forward."

Description

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2020 4:53 am 

Tsukimi nodded, offering the Lioness a calm smile. "Even if we choose to stand still, the sun will still set and rise, signalling the turn of the wheel. The world moves forward, and so must we, even if it is difficult at times."

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2020 4:58 am 

Famed dragon wisdom, no doubt. Tani nodded, in any case. "And no one is helped if I spend my days standing still." She smirked to Tsukimi. "Are bath houses usually full of wisdom and well thoughts? I do not visit them terribly often, so I do not have a sense for what is normal."

Description

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2020 7:29 pm 

"I wouldnt really know, Matsu-sama, as I tend to visit bathhouses at hours when there are less people. Crowds arent my thing. But wisdom can be found almost anywhere."

She sighed and sank more into the water. "The wisdom here is that it's good to warm oneself when there is cold rain outdoors."

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2020 7:31 pm 

"This is wisdom I can agree to," she let out a calm, pleased sigh. "So now that the portal has already been closed, what do you see yourself doing with your time?"

Description

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2020 8:33 pm 

"That... will have to wait, as there are more pressing concerns before us. This... crisis of succession. A crisis that should not exist, yet here we are..."

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2020 8:35 pm 

"Indeed," she sighed. "It is quite a frustrating situation, but we handle what is dealt to us, neh?" She frowned a bit. "It does not help that the clans are starting to fray with petty infighting and the like. I had hoped that in a time of clear need, politics could be set aside. It seems I was optimistic."

Description

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2020 9:01 pm 

The door to the bath opened. A drab, bland woman stood in the doorway, hair still wet from having washed and cleansed before entering the bath proper. Wrapped in a simple towel, she bowed low.

"Apologies, minna-sama. I am not interrupting, I hope?" she murmured quietly before biting her lip. She was pretty sure she'd seen both around, and both as people that others demured to in the court and around town. Hadn't she? Well, she'd wait to see if they minded an added soul.

Description, Character Image