It is currently Sat Sep 21, 2024 3:41 pm

Post subject: Re: [Day 8, Late Afternoon]Just A Prick Or Two
PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2020 6:09 am 

"Of course, Togashi-san, You have my absolute permission to do as you see fit. As I said, I am your canvas."

She smiles and looks into the woman's eyes before a slight grimace overtakes her face.

"Well, as far as the wounds go, let me continue the story. So, my grandmother possessed a great hatred for my mother, father and I. She carried that hatred with her. It fueled her to do some magnificent, but terrifying things. It all culminated in the War of the Burned Wings, against the Phoenix. She was slain there, when the firestorms of the Phoenix legions were unleashed against the Matsu in her unit. I believe that when she was burned, her spirit was in such rage that only Toshigoku could house her."

Another long drawn out breath.

"So, year passed and nothing really changes until one day, the Steel Chrysanthemum appears with all of his followers. She was there with them. She came into our home and tried to be friendly with us, but when the bastard killed his own brother, she turned. I am not sure of what all the details were as I was not there, but it's my assumption that she killed my mother and father and came with the Steel Chrysanthemum's warhost to kill me as well."

A cough, and a smile.

"So, I woke this morning to my room being completely empty. My budoka missing, and not even a cloth to cover myself with. When I called for the guards, they said my Grandmother had come to collect everything earlier this morning and she would be waiting for me in the dojo."

"I arrived at the dojo and immediately we locked into mortal combat until I prevailed with the assistance of Fuwa, who handed me his bow to deliver the final shot. My grandmother was slain yet again, and then priests were fetched to heal me and see to the proper procedures."

"My wounds were closed by the Water Kami. An odd sensation, to be sure. One moment to have your innards in your own hands, a mess blood, fabric, and grime, to the next moment having them back inside you, completely as if they were never displaced to begin with."

Mogami's Equipment: Battle: Light Armor, Yumi, Quiver w Flesh Cutter Arrows, Daisho
Court: Decent quality kimono and courtiers fan

Budoka's Tsuruga and Fuwa's Eqiupment:
Battle: Ashigaru Armor | Han-Kyu, Quiver w Willow Leaf Arrows | Yari
Court: Kimono

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2020 1:19 pm 

Mai's expression maintained its On through the story, but it was certainly only as she knew how it ended already that Mogami lay before her. With the kami having been involved.. "I feel more assured, Matsu Mogami-sama. That your wounds were yet healed by such a method I have heard they mend very well, and in such a way as to offer your body freedom from the strain healing may otherwise place upon you."

"As well, may I yet also thank you for this tale, Matsu Mogami-sama," she said with a simple bow of her head.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2020 11:27 pm 

Mogami nods her head.

"You are welcome, Togashi-san. Though, I do wish I didn't have to tell it at all. I much would have preferred my day start with a pleasant prayer and rice instead of a fight for my life."

She lets out a laugh and shrugs.

"Ah well, we don't always get what we want."

Mogami's Equipment: Battle: Light Armor, Yumi, Quiver w Flesh Cutter Arrows, Daisho

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2020 1:10 am 

"Such is the truth that many of us are reminded of today," she said on the somber note. "Yet, then, I would begin when you are ready Matsu Mogami-sama. Lest we dwell on these topic longer than you had ever wished to do so in the first place."

Moving over Mai began to set herself up, her inks and tools set out and prepared for the work that would come. Sat just beside Mogami she took a moment and exhaled, letting the worry flow out with the air.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2020 1:24 am 

"Shall I put myself into meditation while you work, or do you wish me to converse with you? I also take it I should refrain from moving?"

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2020 1:27 am 

"Whatever is most comfortable for you Matsu Mogami-sama, so long as you remain as still as possible," she said, preparing one of the needles as she spoke. "I have adapted to many of those I have tattooed in the past and I am ever open the the idea of pleasant conversation to pass the time or the focus of silence. I promise neither will impact my ability to perform as is proper."

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2020 1:43 am 

Mogmani nods and then closes her eyes.

"I will see how I feel once you begin then. I may need to completely enter a trance to prevent movement, depending on how the pain is."

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2020 3:22 am 

"Then we shall see, but you must be certain to inform me of if and when you may need a break," she said, inking the needle and taking a cloth to hand. Positioning herself just so over Mogami's back she put one hand against her back and rested the needle just off the skin.

"Might there be anything I might afford you before I begin in earnest?" she asked, holding.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2020 3:23 am 

"No, I think I am ready, Togashi-san. I am eternally grateful to you for this. Let us begin. "

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2020 3:26 am 

Without further ado, Mai took a second to prep and the first stroke was made. Following the first came many more, a dull pain would become the main feeling after the sharpness of the first. A rocking motion to her arm kept the flow of the pain, the needle, and the creation of the work an ever constant even tone that allowed for an easier time ignoring the unpleasant parts.

Eyes focused on the work ahead, following the trace of her mind where the art needed to be and the colors needed to go. Mai was ever diligent and focused first on the task at hand. Much of the line-work might be finished today.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2020 3:32 am 

Mogami breathed in shallow breaths, her body hardly moving at all, and after some time, she was clearly gone to some sort of trance. The pain was intense, but nothing unbearable. After a time, Mogami even came to enjoying it in a way.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2020 4:43 am 

Without interruptiong Mai would continue, not one to disturb the choice of one that was under her needle. Instead she merely worked the ink into the skin with skilled precision, making it as tolerable as possible.

There was a stillness, aside from the working arms, that overtook her so that she did not make a single mistake. Even breathing, concentrated focus.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2020 4:54 am 

After some time, Mogami comes out of her trance.

"How are you doing, Togashi-san? Do you require any rest? Water? Food?"

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2020 4:56 am 

"I have need of nothing, but I thank you for your concern, Matsu Mogami-sama," she said, continuing her work without pause.

"Of yourself, do you yet require rest?"

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2020 5:08 am 

"No, my body has gotten used to it by now. I am a bit numb to the sensation. I am not the greatest at meditation, but I am glad I have been trained at least in the basics. It has helped greatly. "

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2020 10:31 am 

"Then if it is to your liking Matsu Mogami-sama I shall continue for a brief while more at which point we both shall rest and meet again that we might continue," she said, her voice a touch softer as she'd pulled back and noticed what remained of the wound again.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2020 1:40 pm 

"Certainly, Togashi-san. Perhaps tomorrow again?"

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2020 8:22 pm 

"Hai," she says, preparing to work through and finish up for the day.

"Tomorrow, send for me and I shall arrive as soon as I am able."

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2020 8:24 pm 

"Excellent! I will likely in the evening sometime."

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2020 8:33 pm 

"Then I shall be prepared, Matsu Mogami-sama," she said with her typical confidence.

(/scene to finishing up/departing?)