It is currently Sat Sep 21, 2024 1:38 pm

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 125 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 Post subject: Re: D8 LM - A Confrontation
PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2020 10:43 pm 

Chihaya looked surprised. "I was under the impression that they did - both from experiencing them in battle, and from the description of their origin - the realm of slaughter... those who dwell within cursed to endless violence and hatred."

A frown. "Am I wrong in this understanding?"

Profile :: Theme

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2020 11:01 pm 

"I am... unaware of them drawing power from and feeding on the anger of normal humans. It's true what you say, that they are cursed to endless violence and hatred, but I have not heard of them gaining power in the face of anger or wrath."

She looked to the shugenja, in case he knew more.

"However, it's likely many of them take great joy in inflicting such emotions upon us, because of the realm that has influenced them so."

“At times, the voice of peace must ring like Thunder.”

Has: Sacred Daisho, Light Armor (battle), necklace of prayer beads (jade), figurine of Jizo, parchment and charcoal, white cowl. Lion tattoo on left arm, Dragon tattoo on left thigh.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2020 11:38 pm 

"You have much wisdom in your words, Suzume-san. However, it is not if I chose to take offense at your words, it is that your words have could imply an insult to the Lion clan. Honor demands that an insult be answered, especially when concerning ones ancestors. But, I agree with your assessment and would rather continue the discussion that Togashi-san has led us down."

She then stays silent listening to the two women converse

Mogami's Equipment: Battle: Light Armor, Yumi, Quiver w Flesh Cutter Arrows, Daisho
Court: Decent quality kimono and courtiers fan

Budoka's Tsuruga and Fuwa's Eqiupment:
Battle: Ashigaru Armor | Han-Kyu, Quiver w Willow Leaf Arrows | Yari
Court: Kimono

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2020 12:01 am 

Chihaya shrugged. "If you believe my words have given offense to your clan, then I shall offer what recompense you feel necessary. I believe we all agree that there is a pressing danger at this time, which supersedes the personal pride of one Sparrow, certainly."

Gazing at Mogami, she stated, simply, "If I have given offense to your kin with my assessment, then I accept the error of my words. Consider them spoken by one overly concerned by recent events."

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2020 12:14 am 

"Think no more on the matter. After this morning, there is a lesson to be learned from being quick to judge ones words. I accept that Suzume-san has been careless in how she addressed her concern."

Mogami's Equipment: Battle: Light Armor, Yumi, Quiver w Flesh Cutter Arrows, Daisho

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2020 3:19 am 

There, that was one potential distraction dealt with.

"It sounds as if we may wish to consult those who might know whether our own emotions pose a risk in relation to this realm... perhaps the Kitsu would better understand. I am told spirits are their specialty."

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2020 3:21 am 

"That's a good idea, Suzume-san. Wouldn't you agree, Togashi-san? Isawa-san?"

She looks to the other two in the dojo for their input.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2020 3:23 am 

"I think it is worth hearing the insight of different priests and monks on the subject... everyone have a different point of view of approaching the supernatural and the spirits." Even in her own Order she knew there were many different paths.

Has: Sacred Daisho, Light Armor (battle), necklace of prayer beads (jade), figurine of Jizo, parchment and charcoal, white cowl. Lion tattoo on left arm, Dragon tattoo on left thigh.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2020 10:14 am 

When asked, Hachi gives a shrug.

"My training is in this realm, the elements of it. I do not have great training in the other Realms. Kitsu are a good choice for that, hai. Others may also have done so among the Phoenix, or perhaps the Kuni, though they usually look to learn of the even more Darker Realm." He carefully doesn't name it. "One can never tell what a Dragon may have studied."

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2020 1:48 am 

"It depends much on the Dragon," she said truthfully. "... Alas, there are no Agasha-trained Dragon in the city, as far as I know. But a total of three Ise Zumi though. So that's almost a bit unprecedented."

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2020 1:57 am 

"Are not the Ize-Zumi trained to be learned like a priest in some manners? It was my understanding your order is much like that of a Brotherhood sect, which study spiritual matters often."

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2020 2:03 am 

"Hmm... there are some similarities between us and the Brotherhood, but there also differences. It's true that we all study the Tao and other religious texts, but the Ise Zumi place a great deal of focus on each of us finding our own paths, Matsu-sama."

It was a bit difficult to explain some of it, but she gave it an honest effort. "To become an Ise Zumi is... more complicated than joining the Brotherhood of Shinsei. Anyone can become a monk within the Brotherhood; not everyone have the strength of spirit to become an Ise Zumi."

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2020 2:06 am 

"Well for one, doesn't someone need to be born into the Togashi?"

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2020 2:12 am 

"There's a difference in carrying the name, and to be one of the Order. Togashi Iko-san married a Togashi, so she carries the name, but she is not of the Order, to name an example," she said to clarify, as there were probably some confusion there for some.

"There are some who are born with the Togashi name, but I suspect most of the Tattooed Monks come from many different backgrounds, all brought together by the destiny that has called them to walk that path. I myself was not born into the Togashi... nor a Dragon family, I think." Tsukimi paused as she tried to remember, and after a moment she shook her head.

"My apologies, I don't remember much about my birth-family. One of the wandering monks of the Togashi Order found me in the Temple of Jizo where I had spent some time, and brought me to the High House of Light. From that day on, I was reborn as a Togashi."

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2020 2:14 am 

That surprised Mogami.

"So you are saying that even one such as I, or Isawa-san, or even Suzume-san could enter the order if we passed some sort of trial?"

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2020 2:18 am 

"Yes."

Tsukimi smiled, but it was the kind that almost had a hint of I know something you don't know.

"But it's not a trial that's for everyone. It's perhaps the hardest trial for many people."

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2020 2:23 am 

"I see. That is certainly interesting."

Mogami falls silent and ponders on the idea.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2020 5:25 am 

"Now you have made me curious. I am wondering how my status as a tensai would be involved in joining the Togashi, would it matter one way or the other?"

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2020 5:32 am 

Chihaya listened with a bland expression, soaking up the information.

Here was a Dragon speaking plainly.

It was a wonderful, magical moment.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2020 3:21 pm 

"It could matter greatly, or not at all, Isawa-sama," she answered honestly, but probably not very helpfully.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 125 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next