It is currently Sat Sep 21, 2024 3:21 pm

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 69 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: (D8, LE, Crab Embassy) Another Temporary Home
PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2020 7:59 pm 

"No, you do you, Maiya-san. I suppose I should be one to talk, carrying this big box between cities. Something about full armor just SOUNDS heavy to me or something though. Like I'd not be able to move if I wore it."

Honor: Expected | Glory: 1.0 | Infamy 0.1 | Status: 1.0
carries: wakizashi, dice & cup, heirloom jewelry, pearl & jade necklace, tiny Daikoku statue, coin purse, hand fan, silk umbrella, bottle of Golden Carp, sake cups, personal seal

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2020 8:18 pm 

The Crab became a little self conscious as she realised Yukarin was using her first name. She'd missed it the time before, because of the moment, but she noticed it now. Her movements stiffened a little. It wasn't something she was used to.

"Ano, hai, Yasuki-sama."

She quietly got on with the task until all the bottles were out of the great big box. What was next?

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2020 8:32 pm 

Underneath the boxes, Maiya would see neatly folded clothing acting as a layer of cushioning for the boxes, which Yukarin was currently making sure were straight and secure enough for her tastes, in case of a tremor. The clothing was in Crab colors, but with pinks and purples mixed in in highlights or designs. On top was a small white garment though, almost looking like a fundoshi if it were being worn, but not as twisted.

carries: wakizashi, dice & cup, heirloom jewelry, pearl & jade necklace, tiny Daikoku statue, coin purse, hand fan, silk umbrella, bottle of Golden Carp, sake cups, personal seal

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2020 8:37 pm 

"Shall I put these on the closet shelves Yasuki-sama?" Maiya asked, indicating the clothes with a brief hand gesture. The pinks and purples were tasteful for a courtier as far as the bushi was concerned. The white garment was something she had no clue about. She even quirked her head slightly as her gaze fell on it, but she looked away a moment later as she really had no idea.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2020 8:40 pm 

"Ummm... sure. Just keep them as nicely folded as you can. I don't really have the opportunity to press things here, and I like my fashion to make a statement, if you didn't already know. Besides just my jewelry that is."

Yukarin left it up to the Hida; Clothes were important and all, it was true. But not as true as it was for the Golden Carp. It was kinda her thing.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2020 8:49 pm 

"I don't know much about fashion, but you have some lovely clothes Yasuki-sama. I will keep them nicely folded, hai."

Maiya was a little envious of how many nice things Yukarin had. She hoped that, one day, she'd be a fraction as successful or well off. Maybe if she somehow found a rich husband? The thought was pushed out of her mind for being too unlikely.

Sliding her hands under each garment to lift it up horizontally, she deftly moved back and forth between the box and the closet to put items of clothing away. Only once did she tut and refold a kimono that was proving difficult. She did so with military discipline. The tidy white garment was placed on top of the others as it had been before. Maiya had begun to suspect it was some sort of good luck charm.

Possibly a Unicorn thing.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2020 9:05 pm 

"Hmm... do you pick out your own clothing then? Or do you have someone who picks things out for you? I mean, we could always go shopping some time and I could help you pick something out, in either case."

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2020 10:06 pm 

Sometimes you really didn't want to answer a question. This was one of those times. Maiya took a deep breath as she faced the truth.

"I pick out what to wear, but my kimono are all hand me downs from my family Yasuki-sama. I... Would like to go and buy something new, but..." She ran a hand through her hair as she stood up straight. "I am only a bushi Yasuki-sama. I do not get a very large stipend. It would only be wasting your time. Gomen Masai."

She bowed respectfully to Yukarin as she felt bad for having to say no due to her own finances.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2020 10:11 pm 

Boxes how she wanted them, Yukarin turned to Maiya with a smile, "Nonsense; If my stipend isn't to help my fellow Crab, I don't know what else it would be for. And I certainly have more than enough left... So why not? It'll be my treat, and I'll get the chance to dress you up in return. It'll be fun!"

She clapped her hands together and her smile broadened.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2020 11:28 pm 

The Kaiu's cheeks turned bright red. "Eto- ano-" She lifted her hands up to her waist robotically and pivoted left and right. "That is... it's different for you... and..." Coherent this rebuttal was not.

She took a deep breath. Her hands settled on the left. "You should not have to treat me Yasuki-sama. My stipend and yours are unrelated, ne? So, ano..." She shifted them to the right. "That and this are different."

Maiya wasn't quite sure what she was saying.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2020 11:51 pm 

The smile immediately turned into a frown, the expressive young woman's face staring sadly, "You won't let me treat you then? Come come, this is my decision; You can be assured it's no burden and something I'd look forwards to even. Different or no, I'll be ever so disappointed if you won't let me~"

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2020 3:26 am 

"Are you sure it's... not a hassle?" Maiya asks, sounding very uncertain as her gaze flickers between Yukarin's face and the tatami. "We only met yesterday and you would already be treating me to something I could not repay you for in the near future."

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2020 3:31 am 

"Hmph... and here I thought samurai outside the Ide and Yasuki didn't really think money was all that special. And you know what? I somewhat agree, in my own way."

Standing, she walked closer before sitting in front of Maiya with her legs tucked under her, "It's true we only met yesterday, but you are a Clanmate, and I trust you. Maybe not a friend yet per say, but close enough. And that's the sort of thing money can't buy, the type of thing that's really important. I know that's true because I read it in a pillow book."

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2020 4:18 am 

When the carp sat down Maiya followed her lead, sitting down in seiza in front of her. She listened as her fellow Crab spoke and she was soon smiling gently.

"I don't know about pillow books, but I trust you too Yasuki-sama. Clan mates need to stick together, ne? I'd like it if we could become friends. It would be nice. I just hope I do not end up a nuisance to you. I wouldn't want to take advantage." Maiya states quite clearly, laying out her hopes and insecurities.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2020 4:38 am 

"Neh neh. I am the sort to say something if that happens. You could ask my brother if were here and not so far away. Hm. Anyways, I promise the two of us going clothes shopping is not taking advantage of me; Like I said, I would actually enjoy it. And it's not like I was planning on commissioning you a court kimono or anything; Just some nice, stylish, comfortable clothes, neh?"

This close, Yukarin smelled of tea and soap, mixing with the scent of the rain coming in on the cool breeze through the open window.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2020 4:46 am 

"Then I would like that very much Yasuki-sama. Thank you. Onegaishimasu." Maiya responded, placing her hands in front of herself and giving an impressively deep seated bow for someone wearing heavy armour.

Closer now, the Kaiu could smell the mesh of pleasant scents coming from Yukarin. Her first thought was that she was relieved she'd bathed herself only a little earlier that evening. Her second was that Yukarin smelled really nice. As she rose up from her bow she brushed her nose shyly.

"Y-you use a nice soap Yasuki-sama. It has a lovely fragrance. Eto, what soap is it?" By which she meant more what was the fragrance exactly.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2020 4:53 am 

"Oh, that? A mix of rosewater and winter plum, actually. I might have used too much since I'm used to needing to to overcome the smell of the water back at Toshi no Omoidoso, which was slightly sulfury."

Yukarin blushed at the compliment, both because Maiya was so close, and because the compliment was so familiar.

"...you really are pretty you know. It truly will be an honor to help dress you up in new clothes to compliment your charms."

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2020 11:48 am 

"Rosewater and winter plum? So desu ka." Maiya tapped her knees gently with her fingers as she tried to imagine each scent on their own. "I don't know about too much, but for two distinct scents they blend together very well."

Then came Yukarin's compliment and teasing statement. Her voice became quieter as she mumbled "eh?", casting her eyes down as her cheeks turned redder again. "Yasuki-sama should be a nadoka. Coming out with such lines. You flatter me too much."

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2020 6:08 pm 

"...perhaps some day I will be. For now though, I should thank you for your help unpacking."

She looked back at her stuff in the closet and next to it, "I feel much more normal now that my stuff is ready for the morning. I'm not sure I would have had the energy to get that all done before laying out the futon without your help."

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2020 10:45 pm 

"You're welcome Yasuki-sama. I actually came to check how you were and to share a conversation I had with a naga. I'll tell you about that too actually, but..." She indicated the futon with a finger. "Do you need a hand laying it out?"

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 69 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next