It is currently Sat Sep 21, 2024 2:12 pm

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 239 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
 Post subject: Re: Concerns and Tribulations (D8, Early Afternoon)
PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2020 7:24 pm 

Suzume Chihaya wrote:
Chihaya briefly considered saying something pithy, but then decided it was unbecoming, so settled for a simple nod. "Iie, it is not."

Surveying the chaos of debate, she added, softly, "It is too far removed from the center of things, I suppose."

She settled in and started to relax again, now that she was in a corner, away from the lingering after-shocks of the Seppun and Bayushi's debate, away from the Togashi's ... rather aggressive stances. "The eye of the storm is sometimes worse than the fringes. Sometimes calmer. Today, I think it is the former, and I do not know that those are waves I want to be buffeted by."

Description, Character Image

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2020 8:08 pm 

Chihaya shrugged, and replied, "We are creating tempests in teacups to ignore the hurricane on the horizon."

Profile :: Theme

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2020 8:11 pm 

Kodama spent his time in court sharing bits of bushido informed history and what signs from the Heavens he knew of that showed those linked to Toshigoku brought senseless violence into a world meant to be more civilized.

D8, Imperalist Courtier (Rhetoric)/Awareness, TN 15 = 22 1 Imperialist point.

“We tell the tale of heroes to remind ourselves that we also can be great.”

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2020 8:56 pm 

The late arrival of a low status Crane bushi to proceedings might not have drawn much notice. Yet perhaps the events of the morning demanded otherwise.

Daidoji Tetsuko wore a white kimono, the colour of mourning. It was also one of the colours of her clan, which she almost found amusing. Almost. Yesterday she would have baulked at the orders she had received. Not today.

"Minna-sama. This one is Daidoji Tetsuko of the Crane Clan. Less than a week ago I stood with the Lion in defence of Toshi no Omoidoso. Today I wear white for my cousins who died within the walls of Nikesake."

She paused momentarily out of respect.

"I had believed that in fighting the spirit army we were all united against a common enemy. That Lion and Crane stood together as allies. A naive belief perhaps, but sincerely held. Now though?" She shook her head.

"I was wrong. I am just a simple bushi. My opinion will not sway you. But the Heavens have seen fit to return Hantei XVI to us. Many have died, yes, this is true. Yet many died in the years before his return. We are samurai, we do not fear death. What if the Steel Chrysanthemum has returned because The Empire needs him? I believe we should consider this carefully."

Benten leant her words strength. Even if no-one here agreed with her. With a bow she moved off to a quiet corner to watch the rest of the proceedings. Things had been much simpler when she was only required to watch, and make paper cranes.

Day 8. EA. Influence roll as my Lord commands. Traditionalist. 3 raises. Void for +1k1. Benten's blessing +0k1. TN30: 6d10o10k5 32

+4 Traditionalist points

"Oh she's very pretty. For a Daidoji." - Random Doji courtier.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2020 9:02 pm 

Well, that's interesting, thinks Seitouna as he makes more notes.
Quote:
Matters were not aided by the arrival of a Crane in white, one Daidoji Tetsuko. Her voice showed the iron in her name and in the reports of her Family as she spoke of the death of her kin and the "need" of the Empire for the returned Steel Chrysanthemum. For the words of "a simple bushi," they were quite notable.

He listens intently to what follows.

Thinking * Speaking Merenae * Speaking Thrane
Generally wears decent kimono & sandals, jitte, wakizashi
Wears extravagant kimono & sandals and wakizashi at court
Almost always has paper and something to write with
Public Profile

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2020 9:02 pm 

The Hilsilage wrote:
As the individuals left the Hilsilage is able to make his way into the crowded library space. He coils as best he can to listen to the remaining debate.

Kayou approached the Naga and bowed. "Greetings, Naga-sama. This one is Kayou, Abbess of the Order of Harmonious Work. Might you be free to talk?"

Carries: Prayer Beads, satchel with writing supplies.

Description
Art by Joanne Kwan

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2020 9:10 pm 

Suzume Chihaya wrote:
Chihaya shrugged, and replied, "We are creating tempests in teacups to ignore the hurricane on the horizon."

She struggled to hold in a laugh. It took a moment and she wished she owned a fan right then, because her sleeve just wasn't a great substitute. "All while it thunders over our heads. Well, the reality should sober them all soon enough, ne?"

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2020 9:37 pm 

"Hai, but you cannot bail out an empire so easily as a Kobune."

Chihaya sighed, and then turned her gaze on the ronin woman.

"So, how do you see it? Shall we slay each other or be slain?"

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2020 9:43 pm 

Kayou wrote:
The Hilsilage wrote:
As the individuals left the Hilsilage is able to make his way into the crowded library space. He coils as best he can to listen to the remaining debate.

Kayou approached the Naga and bowed. "Greetings, Naga-sama. This one is Kayou, Abbess of the Order of Harmonious Work. Might you be free to talk?"

"Certainly Kayou-sama. This one is the Hilsilage. We met in Ryoko Owari. I found this fan there."

The Hilsilage proffers the fan.

Carries: A red and black fan and hat.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2020 9:54 pm 

Suzume Chihaya wrote:
"Hai, but you cannot bail out an empire so easily as a Kobune."

Chihaya sighed, and then turned her gaze on the ronin woman.

"So, how do you see it? Shall we slay each other or be slain?"

"I believe that they have no real choice." She sighed. Her voice stayed low pitch as she spoke. "They have already opposed this spirit walking the earth centuries after Emma-O rendered a verdict. He will accept only surrender and his kin know only war and slaughter, only the honor of glorious battle. The question is if they will realize that collectively before he tears the gates down before them."

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2020 10:02 pm 

"Aye, I know what sort he is - but I wonder if we won't kill each other and save him the trouble."

Chihaya wished she had tea, but instead drew her fan and used it to hide the faint look of disappointment on her features.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2020 10:07 pm 

"Samurai are good at jumping the gun and doing it for their enemies at times yes," she said as she glanced at the Daidoji who had spoken up a moment before. "May I ask what happened?"

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2020 10:19 pm 

The Hilsilage wrote:
"Certainly Kayou-sama. This one is the Hilsilage. We met in Ryoko Owari. I found this fan there."

"Of course," she says with another bow. "Ryoko Owari seems a lifetime ago. How are your people in these troubled time?"

Description
Art by Joanne Kwan

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2020 10:22 pm 

Mari wrote:
"Samurai are good at jumping the gun and doing it for their enemies at times yes," she said as she glanced at the Daidoji who had spoken up a moment before. "May I ask what happened?"

Chihaya lowers her voice and says, simply, "Short version, the Lion locked Crane into their embassy, ambassador attempted to leave and was cut down from behind. After that, a short melee ensued."

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2020 10:30 pm 

Togashi Tsukimi wrote:
Had the Togashi Method of Obfuscation worked that effectively?

"Very well... Fortunes keep you safe, Seppun-sama," Tsukimi bowed to the Imperial maiden as she departed.

Iko was equally confused by Horonigai's rapid exit, but wasn't upset that the group had shrunk. She offered the departing Imperial a nod and wave as she signalled a servant to take away the now extraneous cup.

Daidoji Tetsuko wrote:

But as much as the Imperial's exit surprised her, Tetsuko's speech shocked her. Iko started to wonder if she was the only one who had been...nudged in a certain direction.

Carries: Daisho, Yumi (where appropriate)
Description

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2020 10:35 pm 

Tsukimi... felt she could understand where Tetsuko was coming from. If anything, the Iron Crane was actually presenting a good case, considering what had happened earlier that day.

Still, she was surprised, as she had heard the Iron Crane had defended Toshi no Omoidoso against the Steel Chrysanthemum's forces. Had this left such a deep mark on the Crane that they had had such a deep change of heart?

"Today seems a day of surprises..." she murmured, fidgeting uncomfortably with the white fabric around her neck.

“At times, the voice of peace must ring like Thunder.”

Has: Sacred Daisho, Light Armor (battle), necklace of prayer beads (jade), figurine of Jizo, parchment and charcoal, white cowl. Lion tattoo on left arm, Dragon tattoo on left thigh.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2020 10:54 pm 

Kayou wrote:
The Hilsilage wrote:

"Of course," she says with another bow. "Ryoko Owari seems a lifetime ago. How are your people in these troubled time?"

"We are thriving, with the assistance of the samurai who came to help us. We have made political ties with the Crab family and smoothed the feathers of others as best we could. I would ask the same after the well-being of the humans but...sadly...well at least I can say we have strong and noble Rokugani standing to quell the alien threat."

Carries: A red and black fan and hat.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2020 11:07 pm 

Togashi Tsukimi wrote:
"Today seems a day of surprises..." she murmured, fidgeting uncomfortably with the white fabric around her neck.

Reaching forward slowly, Iko leaned into Tsukimi's space to help adjust her scarf, giving her the opportunity to whisper in the monk's ear.

"So many advocates switching sides all at once? I feel a little suspicious about the motives here."

Carries: Daisho, Yumi (where appropriate)
Description

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2020 11:55 pm 

The Hilsilage wrote:
"We are thriving, with the assistance of the samurai who came to help us. We have made political ties with the Crab family and smoothed the feathers of others as best we could. I would ask the same after the well-being of the humans but...sadly...well at least I can say we have strong and noble Rokugani standing to quell the alien threat."

Kayou nods. "We will do our best to lead a proper path in these dark times."

"But this one wishes to speak to you and your people about two things, as you have time. She wishes to learn more of how you view the world and she wishes to learn from you about your farming techniques."

Description
Art by Joanne Kwan

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2020 12:03 am 

Togashi Iko wrote:
Reaching forward slowly, Iko leaned into Tsukimi's space to help adjust her scarf, giving her the opportunity to whisper in the monk's ear.

"So many advocates switching sides all at once? I feel a little suspicious about the motives here."

"Oh?" she leaned away somewhat, to protect her personal space. "Could it not be for the same reasons as you?"

“At times, the voice of peace must ring like Thunder.”

Has: Sacred Daisho, Light Armor (battle), necklace of prayer beads (jade), figurine of Jizo, parchment and charcoal, white cowl. Lion tattoo on left arm, Dragon tattoo on left thigh.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 239 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next