It is currently Sat Sep 21, 2024 3:26 pm

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 387 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 20  Next
 Post subject: Re: Courtroom Debates [Day 1, Early Afternoon]
PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2020 7:11 pm 

Poemu was next to approach the court. She still looked troubled from the ride, but gave a soft speech. "After seeing all I have, I can only side with the current line. Though matters are still too fresh to know all the matters, I cannot see any reason to interrupt fate and so to it that the present is ruled by the present."

She paused to go on, but it seemed she wasn't well, so her words didn't seem to have quite their usual effect.

Shosuro Sara wrote:
Sara moved away, glancing at her fan. Of course there was some spittle on it.

She moved to a table where some refreshments were served. Some tea at least.

[PM if approached]

Approaching the table to sit, Poemu gave the Shosuro woman a faint, polite smile and bowed. "Sumimasen Shosuro-sama, but may this one join you for tea? It seems I have still yet to find my legs after my ride."

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2020 7:14 pm 

Agasha Poemu wrote:
Poemu was next to approach the court. She still looked troubled from the ride, but gave a soft speech. "After seeing all I have, I can only side with the current line. Though matters are still too fresh to know all the matters, I cannot see any reason to interrupt fate and so to it that the present is ruled by the present."

She paused to go on, but it seemed she wasn't well, so her words didn't seem to have quite their usual effect.

Approaching the table to sit, Poemu gave the Shosuro woman a faint, polite smile and bowed. "Sumimasen Shosuro-sama, but may this one join you for tea? It seems I have still yet to find my legs after my ride."

"Agasha-sama, greetings." She gave a bow and waved towards a free place next to her, a small piece of spittle flying from the fan. Ugh. Barbarians.

"I am unsurprised. Does Agasha-sama want to know a little secret?"

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2020 7:14 pm 

Hida Shiko wrote:
"Uh, hello..." She offered, a raised brow barely hiding her tired confusion.

Kanade frowned slightly. "Erm... eto... Kanade, formerly of the Yasuki." She sighed not terribly sure how to take this conversation. Clearly any prior meeting had been forgotten.

"Sake?" She offered a small bottle she carried on her to the Hida. Hoping she was drunk enough to forget this awkward meeting.

Carries: wakizashi, abacus, coin purse and satchel

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2020 7:15 pm 

Ren slipped alongside Touki and asked in a small voice, "Quite the lively scene... ne?"

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2020 7:15 pm 

The Crane had made an attempt at an understated arrival, but the flash of pale blue and white could not help but draw attention among all of the tawny amber robes.

After a period of silence, ordering his thoughts in light of the speakers thus far, Koushi raised his fan and maneuvered to the front of the room.

"The arguments presented by the esteemed members of the Piranha, Scorpion, and Lion clans are, of course, true and right. There is much to be said for the application of theological, familial, and purely pragmatic approaches to the all-too-tragic situation in which this Empire finds itself. There is another column of support which I would humbly introduce--that of precedent.

In the year 610, the rule of Hantei XVI came to an end. Much as in our own time, his son, the Imperial Heir, was in his minority. For six years, a regent, Otomo Tanaka, the uncle of the young prince, governed the Empire, retiring upon his nephew's reaching his majority. The Empire not only survived, but flourished. Surely the application of this precedent, used before to recover from Hantei XVI's disastrous reign, will allow the Empire to once again flourish after yet another of his murderous deeds."

Imperialist roll, 2 raises=29

Carries: Daisho, Fan, Medical Bag.
Wears: Sturdy, functional clothing, Snowshoes (outdoors), light armor (where appropriate
)

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2020 7:20 pm 

Akodo Ren wrote:
Ren slipped alongside Touki and asked in a small voice, "Quite the lively scene... ne?"

Touki was an experienced guard; he was good at looking to the side (and down; Ren was shorter than him, after all) without disturbing his pose. He didn't smile, but one could see the suggestion of it, his lips twitching just a little.

"Lively. Quite." Touki said, his voice deep and dry. "I'm sure it will become livelier." He turned his head towards her, just a little. "What is your take on it, Akodo-san?" Ren would know that Touki tended to be over-formal.

Carries: Daisho, kimono (probably worn)

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2020 7:21 pm 

Kanade wrote:
"Sake?" She offered a small bottle she carried on her to the Hida. Hoping she was drunk enough to forget this awkward meeting.

She was used to awkward meetings. Usually they were awkward because *she* made them awkward. Still, the bottle would've smoothed over anything, even had she cared.

She quickly downed her own cup, then held it out to be refilled by the woman's offered sake. She wasn't going to assume she was just being offered the *whole* bottle, after all. She still had *some* standards.

"Married out, huh?"

A grim look came over her features for a moment; though it didn't seem directed at Kanade.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2020 7:25 pm 

"Too much in motion to make any sense out of it... But I was there the last time this... 'Steel Chrysanthemum' sacked a city..." She said with a pause.

"Was even less enjoyable than this..."

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2020 7:29 pm 

After making his arguments, he slithered back into the crowd. Well. Kind of. He found that crowds tended to give him a wide berth, so he just coiled up in the crowd, watching and listening, shaking his head slightly at the rudeness of some of the debaters, looking around the courtroom to see if he recognized anyone.

Carries: Silk clothing, White silk vest that seems to shimmer in the light, several fine bracelets of silver. Travel pack, hunting knife, Yumi (Where Appropriate), Jade Spear (Where Appropriate)

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2020 7:29 pm 

Shosuro Sara wrote:
"Agasha-sama, greetings." She gave a bow and waved towards a free place next to her, a small piece of spittle flying from the fan. Ugh. Barbarians.

"I am unsurprised. Does Agasha-sama want to know a little secret?"

Poemu spoke a soft "Arigato," as she sat. She looked a bit curious at the question, than gave a hesitant nod.

"Of course Shosuro-sama... though let there be no secrets between us. I would let you know this one is Agasha Poemu, senior diplomat of my clan to the Lion, before you tell me your own." She gave a slight seated bow.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2020 7:30 pm 

Standing in the back was a simple nun, she watched and thought. She had opinions but was unsure yet how to phrase them so she learned from the others.

She was unsurprised to see a few people she know among the crowd, her travels had taken her over much of the Empire after all.

Carries: Prayer Beads, satchel with writing supplies.

Description
Art by Joanne Kwan

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2020 7:31 pm 

Sara smiled. "I am feeling terrible too. Tired, and angry, and upset...but of course court does not excuse anyone." She raised the pot, wordlessly asking to pour for the Agasha.

"Luckily, being an actress fom Taishou Hikari, this is one aspect of court, I am ready for. Shosuro Sara."

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2020 7:34 pm 

Iko's grey eyes flicked frequently across the room to where Poemu sat with a Scorpion, she wasn't as close as she would've liked, but to make the obvious move closer now would show a lack of trust.

A lack of trust in the hosts and the Scorpion. Iko definitely trusted both Clans as far as she could throw them, but do so visibly show it was not the done thing. SO she sat, and watched and sipped the white leaf tea that the servants had provided her.

Carries: Daisho, Yumi (where appropriate)
Description

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2020 7:40 pm 

Shosuro Sara wrote:
Sara smiled. "I am feeling terrible too. Tired, and angry, and upset...but of course court does not excuse anyone." She raised the pot, wordlessly asking to pour for the Agasha.

"Luckily, being an actress from Taishou Hikari, this is one aspect of court, I am ready for. Shosuro Sara."

Poemu gave a small nod and another quiet thanks at the offer. "An honor to meet you Shosuro-san. An actress you say? I do not believe I could say I've met one of your profession before. What are you doing here in Lion lands may I ask?"

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2020 7:40 pm 

A familiar face moved to sit next to Iko after he tired of the arguing and felt he had made enough of his point, since a few of the other debaters piggybacked and carried it on.

"Togashi Iko-san," his eyes watched where hers watched and he understood she was doing her Duty at the moment. He would remain quiet if she wished to not be disturbed, but he would bring tea and snacks from those available to at least make discharging that duty slightly more pleasant.

Equipment: Daisho, light armor, naga scimitar, personal seal, notebook, parchment & charcoal, ink brush kit

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2020 7:41 pm 

"Recuperating. I was supposed to play in front of the Son of Heaven, may he grace us from Tengoku." She sighed. "Then everything changed when he slit his throat."

She poured the tea to her, rich dark tea. "And yourself, Agasha-sama?"

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2020 7:46 pm 

Poemu's lips pursed a little at the mention of the fate of the late Hantei, but she just gave a small sigh instead and picked up her cup to take a sip. She seemed a lot more at peace once she had. "As I said, I am a senior diplomat to the Lion. I had been at Morikage Toshi as a representative from my clan before the Hantei had arrived, but... well, as you said, things changed. I just arrived in Shiro no Omoidoso this morning with my delegation."

Glancing toward those that were giving speeches, she pursed her lips a bit before looking toward Sara again. "Was Shosuro-san planning on giving a speech of her own?"

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2020 7:48 pm 

Ryuuta Kin wrote:
A familiar face moved to sit next to Iko after he tired of the arguing and felt he had made enough of his point, since a few of the other debaters piggybacked and carried it on.

"Togashi Iko-san," his eyes watched where hers watched and he understood she was doing her Duty at the moment. He would remain quiet if she wished to not be disturbed, but he would bring tea and snacks from those available to at least make discharging that duty slightly more pleasant.

Iko glanced up, pleased to see a familiar face and smiled. Stretching out a long leg under the table, she nudged a cushion out a little in invitation to sit, also obviously repositioning it, so it would not block the view of Poemu's table.

"Ryuuta-sama, I am glad to see you made it here safely. My apologies for not being able to look into the circumstance of your exit from Morikage Toshi, but it was a mad house at the end."

Carries: Daisho, Yumi (where appropriate)
Description

Hida Shiko wrote:
"Married out, huh?"

A grim look came over her features for a moment; though it didn't seem directed at Kanade.

"Er, yeah..." A strange look crossed over Kanade's face as well. She poured Shiko's glass full, then in a turn of events, held out the bottle. A peace offering, perhaps.

Carries: wakizashi, abacus, coin purse and satchel

"Planning? No. But after I have heard of some id- unwise personalities suggesting that we should all celebrate our Emperor's murderer and let him rule, I could not stand it." She took her own sip.

"What does Agasha-san make of the situation? I believe my views are plainly out in the open."

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 387 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 20  Next