It is currently Sat Sep 21, 2024 3:40 pm

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 69 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: (D8, LE, Crab Embassy) Another Temporary Home
PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2020 4:43 am 

Yukarin pursed her lips a little, looking at the mirror before giving a small nod, "My husband is not just flattering me, he is telling me the truth."

She glanced over, "Like that?"

Honor: Expected | Glory: 1.0 | Infamy 0.1 | Status: 1.0
carries: wakizashi, dice & cup, heirloom jewelry, pearl & jade necklace, tiny Daikoku statue, coin purse, hand fan, silk umbrella, bottle of Golden Carp, sake cups, personal seal

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2020 4:46 am 

"Only if you mean it, but hai, just like that." Maiya confirmed. "Please say you are pretty."

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2020 5:03 am 

"I am a very pretty woman."

She TRIED to mean it, but she just wasn't feeling it. Sure, Tomonaga loved her and said she was beautiful... and Maiya said that wasn't just him being nice. But that didn't change the fact that they were both overly kind people. She was skinny, basic, and plain without her clothes and makeup, and she'd never be pretty like Reiko had been.

carries: wakizashi, dice & cup, heirloom jewelry, pearl & jade necklace, tiny Daikoku statue, coin purse, hand fan, silk umbrella, bottle of Golden Carp, sake cups, personal seal

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2020 5:12 am 

It was more than enough to make Maiya believe her. She smiles in satisfaction as she lowers the mirror.

"Hai! So, you see, you are like your sister. I'm sure it's more than just looks too." Maiya offered the mirror back to the Yasuki after shifting back. She realised she may have been a little too close. "Please excuse me again. Ano, if I knew you better and if I knew her then, well, I could say more. I'm sorry it's so superficial."

With care she maneuvered herself from a crouch to seating in seiza. "You are a Crab now. If you ever need any help then please ask any of us. We help one another. We also recognise each others' worth Yasuki-sama. Please allow me to show you mine by letting me help you somehow."

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2020 5:49 am 

Yukarin watched Maiya shift, thinking to herself about how the Kaiu woman seemed to act as well. After Maiya had trailed off, Yukarin spoke up softly.

"I think it an unfair comparison since you've not met her, but... I appreciate the sentiment. Tell me though... do you truly mean it when you say all this though? This isn't just some sort of pep talk to get me to believe in myself?"

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2020 2:14 pm 

Maiya dipped her head apologetically. "Hai, I haven't met her. Please excuse me again. Sorry." She answered with her hands on her knees. "But yes, of course I meant it. I'm not smart enough to lie Yasuki-sama. I don't think my sister was just giving me a meaningless pep talk either. Ano, I wouldn't try to trick you either." Other samurai might have been insulted by the carp, but the Kaiu was interpreting her words optimistically.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2020 5:43 pm 

"For you? Oh, of course not; You're very beautiful Maiya-san, believe me. Still... I don't think anyone's ever addressed how I look so... directly. If you say you think I'm pretty, I'll just have to choose to believe it."

She looked back at the mirror, "...though that will take some time to sink in, you understand; I always took to heart something a boy told me once when he said I looked 'mousey'. Whatever that means. Not that I minded too much; Mice can be small and cute. Beautiful though... that's a stretch for them. So..."

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2020 5:50 pm 

"Hmm..." Maiya looked doubtful for a moment, but she let it slide. Besides, Yukarin had also complimented her and that had her blushing slightly. "Please do. As for me, well, maybe with some makeup and better clothes. I don't have the physique of some Crab bushi, but at least my face doesn't scare others away, ne?"

If Yukarin or her cousin had, in that moment, interjected to say that it did she likely would have sobbed. Good that her cousin wasn't there and Yukarin switched her attention to the mirror.

"What do boys know? Only the opinion of men and women matters. I wouldn't dwell on things you heard from children or as a child. Ano, if you don't mind me saying."

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2020 6:00 pm 

A couple of short nods, "Hai hai; It's not so much I dwell on it, it's more that I kind of built an identity for myself around it. Me, small and cute, a cunning ruse to get people to lower their guard."

She turned back to Maiya, "And that's a strange thing to say about your face; The way Daisuke couldn't stop staring yesterday after you took your mempo off, I'd say it does the exact opposite of scaring people away. And that doesn't surprise me; You have very soft features, feminine I'd even say."

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2020 6:18 pm 

"Because you're a courtier, ne?" She asks, trying to understanding why a ruse would be necessary when speaking to other samurai. Surely some sort of courtier thing.

"Is it?" She touches her face, but she can't tell. Hand armour. "I didn't notice Yasuki Daisuke-sama staring. He went quite quiet soon after that. I don't know..." Maiya began to take off her gauntlets. "I hope my face isn't too soft. My sensei might tell me off if so. He'd say I've been indulging in food. But, feminine is nice. I wouldn't want to be mistaken for a man I don't think. Thank you." Jabbering on, her attention was fixed on her gauntlets as she worked each undone.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2020 6:20 pm 

"Ano... I used the wrong words. What I meant to say by all that is you have a very beautiful face."

Her face grew a warm smile, "I think I'm beginning to understand more and more what this is about; We can judge ourselves all we want, but that won't change what others really think of us. I can think of myself as one thing, but that doesn't make it true if everyone else sees it differently."

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2020 6:29 pm 

While Amaya remained focused on her gauntlets the Yasuki had managed to trigger a tiny blush on her upper cheeks.

Murmuring agreement and nodding she slips off her tekko and sets them down. "You pull it together better than me Yasukisa-sama. That's the heart of it, hai. If only we could understand what others really thought about us." Saying this she touches her cheeks and then around her face with her bare fingers.

With a little concern she shifts her gaze to Yukarin. "My face isn't too soft, is it?" She was worried about having put on weight.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2020 6:33 pm 

Yukarin giggled and actually reached out, briefly pinching one of Maiya's cheeks gently before letting go, "Nope, definitely not too soft. Just the right amount I'd say."

Sitting back again, she glanced over at her traveling chest, "Anyways, I intended to be a good host, and here I am making you worry. That was not my intention, really."

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2020 6:39 pm 

Going along with the pinching, Maiya didn't make a sound and even turned to let the Yasuki do her thing. She rubbed her cheek afterwards while smiling softly as her blush faded. "Thank you Yasuki-sama. I was worried." Her hand moved to her mouth as she just suppressed a chuckle of her own. She wasn't sure if it would offend the wealthy courtier.

Her eyes followed Yukarin's gaze and she studied the chest too. "It's not a problem at all Yasuki-sama. Did you want to tackle your travelling things?"

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2020 6:43 pm 

"That would be nice; Like I said earlier, something new to wear for tomorrow, if nothing else. Wearing the same thing I changed into after I got here still, and it just doesn't feel proper for me."

Not that she'd brought an extensive wardrobe, what with needing to pack all the sake, but fresh clothes were a nice luxury. Standing up, Yukarin walked over to the chest and took off the lid, revealing rows of small stacked cork boxes.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2020 6:47 pm 

"That's a good plan. A change is as good as a rest, ne?" Maiya wondered if the new clothes would suit Yukarin as well as her current outfit. Maybe I too should change into one of my other kimono tomorrow?

The bushi turned herself with her knuckles to face Yukarin as she got up and opened the chest. She waited expectantly for orders on how she might assist. From her current angle she couldn't see all the stacked cork boxes.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2020 6:53 pm 

"Well, if nothing else, the silk got a little wet on this one, and I should really make sure there's no mud too. Here; Let's start with the sake; The gourds inside aren't too fragile, but I wouldn't advise being too rough with them."

Yukarin had already started, carefully untying some string holding the boxes together so they wouldn't jostle around while being transported.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2020 7:07 pm 

"Hai!" Maiya pushed herself up to a crouch and rose slowly after removing her helmet and setting it down beside her gauntlets. She continued to move carefully because of her armour however.

Extending her hands she would take whatever the Yasuki handed to her. "Where shall I put these Yasuki-sama?"

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2020 7:34 pm 

"Mmmmm... put them in a neat stack next to the futon closet. Two deep should be fine."

Yukarin was working too, taking one box out at a time even if they could possibly be held in one hand. She was a bit distracted though.

"...doesn't it get tiring wearing your armor everywhere like that? I know it's a time of war and all, but aren't you allowed to take a break from being on guard like that?"

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2020 7:47 pm 

Another "hai" and Maiya was off. She collected a box and placed it before repeating it. She did so with haste, but not rushing. At all times she was very diligent in placing the boxes down carefully.

"Iie, iie. It's not tiring at all Yasuki-sama. I decided to wear my armour in case of any threats that might get past the walls." Maiya answers, placing down another box and then glancing over her sturdy shoulder guards to the courtier. "I can take it off if it is troubling you Yasuki-sama."

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 69 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next