It is currently Sat Sep 21, 2024 5:12 pm

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 119 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject: Re: (D8, Early Evening) - Checking Out the Local Specialties
PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2020 2:49 am 

"Oh I wouldn't put good koku in if I was too worried about the risks. Right now? This is more about contacts and connections, you know? Calling in such things are far more valuable in the long run than any actuall goods exchanging hands. Why you could be a valuable contact yourself; With your estate and knowledge of running a house. Such commodities add up, and form the lifeblood of what a Clan truly needs when times get rough."

Honor: Expected | Glory: 1.0 | Infamy 0.1 | Status: 1.0
carries: wakizashi, dice & cup, heirloom jewelry, pearl & jade necklace, tiny Daikoku statue, coin purse, hand fan, silk umbrella, bottle of Golden Carp, sake cups, personal seal

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2020 3:00 am 

"And you one for me. You say you are mostly trying to make connections to help outfit the Crab armies?"

Mogami's Equipment: Battle: Light Armor, Yumi, Quiver w Flesh Cutter Arrows, Daisho
Court: Decent quality kimono and courtiers fan

Budoka's Tsuruga and Fuwa's Eqiupment:
Battle: Ashigaru Armor | Han-Kyu, Quiver w Willow Leaf Arrows | Yari
Court: Kimono

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2020 3:09 am 

"That's one way to look at it I suppose. I like to think of it as saving lives, human lives at least. Or at the very least, making our bushi's lives more comfortable when they're not on the Wall, as it were. Which is why things like entertainment and food and sake also interest me. To a lesser extent, perhaps, but what is the point in protecting people if they're just going to be miserable?"

carries: wakizashi, dice & cup, heirloom jewelry, pearl & jade necklace, tiny Daikoku statue, coin purse, hand fan, silk umbrella, bottle of Golden Carp, sake cups, personal seal

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2020 3:31 am 

"Truer words were never spoken. People need something to fight for. So what of your own personal taste? what sort of things do you find enjoyable?"

Mogami's Equipment: Battle: Light Armor, Yumi, Quiver w Flesh Cutter Arrows, Daisho

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2020 3:46 am 

Yukarin was an up front person, but some things she would neglect to say to that question, "Plays, stories, pillowbooks... I will admit to loving going out to dine too."

Gambling and red meat were honestly her favorite things though.

"I suppose another way to put it might be good food, good company, and tales of heroism."

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2020 3:49 am 

"Well, I find myself in enjoyment of those three as well. Do you want to keep looking for investment opportunities, or would you rather step in somewhere for a few hours of entertainment? Come, I have not got to see what a Crab calls fun ever, and am in need of a new experience tonight"

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2020 4:01 am 

Yukarin smiled more broadly, "I'd love to show you. Though I will admit to not knowing just what Nikesake has to offer in that department quite yet."

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2020 4:28 am 

"Nor do I!"

Mogami gestures in a manner a salesperson might down the street.

"Let's go explore this wild new world together!"

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2020 4:39 am 

Yukarin clasped her hands together around the pole of her umbrella and gave a couple bows of her head, "Of course, a splendid idea. Outdoor shopping can wait for another, brighter day. We should find some place nice and dry."

Moving closer so she was next to Mogami, she motioned, "Shall we start this way then?"

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2020 4:45 am 

Mogami nods and begins to walk, seeing if any of the various shops, tea houses, geisha establishments, taverns, or restaurants seem to catch her newfound partners eyes.

"So, Yasuki-san, what is your story? How did you end up here?"

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2020 5:45 am 

"In Nikesake? Well, I'm one of the refugees from Toshi no Omoidoso. Before that, I was spending the winter at the court there, negotiating between your that region and my Clan for the exchanging of goods and relations."

Normally this is where she'd ask where the Matsu had been, but it didn't feel right bringing up the woman's winter, considering.

She made her way down a street of the main road as they walked, one with few peasants on it even with the number that were in the city.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2020 6:12 am 

"And before Toshi no Omoidoso?"

Mogami's budoka kept a small distance to give the two women privacy to talk, but not so far back that they would not be able to intercede should any threat preset itself.

Ahead on the street was a local geisha house highly sought after for its skilled courtesans who were said to have the voice of the Kami and the hands of Fu Leng, the sweetest more pure words to grace the air met with the dark, yearning desires of the flesh that pulled against them.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2020 6:21 am 

Which is exactly where Yukarin was going; Kami only knew the two of them could afford premium entertainment, if anyone in town.

"Ah, that is a longer journey. I was traveling with the Unicorn until a year ago or so. But when we got back, I became one of the candidates at the large miai in Dark Edge Village to solidify connections between the Unicorn and the other Clans of the Empire. I met my hysband, Yasuki Tomonaga-san there, and we were married three months later. I didn't get to enjoy Crab lands or our honeymoon long before being called to head off to Toshi no Omoidoso though... only about a month or so. I barely got the household finances figured out in time for the winter before leaving!"

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2020 6:24 am 

Mogami's eyes go wide.

"You were a Unicorn before a Crab? Now, there are so many things you must tell me!"

She motions to the geisha house and stops a respectable distance from it

"Should we try here, or would something else fit your tastes better?"

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2020 6:27 am 

Now, Yukarin had never actually BEEN to a geisha house, but...

"Well, if it has pretty women and soothing music and sake... I guess I don't know one geisha house from another yet, I'll admit. I will trust your eye on this, Matsu-sama."

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2020 6:34 am 

"An adventure to be sure, but it would be hard to find a prettier woman than the one standing next to me."

Mogami nods to her budoka who stand outside as the two women walk in. They were greeted by a hostess who was done up in makeup not even a Doji could find flaws with.

"What can the House of Omega do for the two of you on this dreary evening?"

Her voice was cold, but something in it begged to be asked for desires one could never express in public.

"Ah..."

Mogami blushes.

"Perhaps a private area we could share company and enjoy some drink?"

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2020 7:31 am 

That was another thing; Yukarin had only seen geisha makeuo in books. In person, it was quite striking. The place itself was everything she could have hoped for; Pleasant smelling, tastefully decorated, and with a cozy, private feel. The sounds of light music drifted from hidden doorways and turning hallways.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2020 7:37 am 

Mogami takes a seat and begins to get comfortable. She looks over to Yukarin and says

"So, what do your lips feel like indulging in tonight? Any sake or tea you have a longing for?"

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2020 8:54 am 

The room itself was nice too; a sitting mat big enough for two or three sat in the middle, a tray at the end for drinks and snacks. Near a folding screen in an alcove in the wall was a flower arrangement, flowers fresh looking despite the season. On the other side, minimalist art was displyed in the form of a bonsai and alcove with a vase in it. The paper wall at the end of the room let in the ecening light and the glow of lanterns, no sound of rain on then indicating a deck and/or overhang.

As she sat, Yukarin tucked her legs to one side, "Sake, I should think; I've enough tea for one day, and sake is meant for unwinding, neh? Perhaps some mochi as well or azuki ; Something soft and sweet."

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2020 9:06 am 

"That sounds nice, though don't let me over do it. Last night I had a bit too much with one of your cousins and a Mantis. I had quite the headache this morning, before all the trouble of my day even began. Mochi would be nice too."

After a few minutes, a woman dressed in vibrant red, a stark contrast to her pure white makeup silently enters the room and sits down, waiting to be addressed.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 119 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next