It is currently Sat Sep 21, 2024 2:08 pm

Post subject: Re: Parlay [D7, Late Morning]
PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2020 1:11 am 

She turns her head back to Tsukimi. "If you do, please share with me, neh?!"

Her sly smile returns as she turns her face back to the window. "I wonder where we could have the best view to the sky around here. Just to prepare."

Gear: daisho, another classy fan, another extravagant furisode (or plain kimono and hakama), silk umbrella, jade obi dome (pendant), golden kushi kanzashi (head comb).
Duty/Outside: Armor Up!

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2020 3:05 am 

"Of course," she chuckled at the girl's exuberance.

Tsukimi had to think for a moment before giving an answer. "I would think the shrine might provide a good view. Probably, the castle as well... I've often heard that lords of castles have large verandas on the uppermost floors that make for good sky-viewing."

“At times, the voice of peace must ring like Thunder.”

Has: Sacred Daisho, Light Armor (battle), necklace of prayer beads (jade), figurine of Jizo, parchment and charcoal, white cowl. Lion tattoo on left arm, Dragon tattoo on left thigh.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2020 3:18 am 

Horonigai taps her chin, looking at the castle. She challenges herself with a, "Castle, neeh... I'll see what I can do."

Gear: daisho, another classy fan, another extravagant furisode (or plain kimono and hakama), silk umbrella, jade obi dome (pendant), golden kushi kanzashi (head comb).

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2020 3:27 am 

"Ah, Seppun-sama is staying at the castle? ... Hm, I suppose there is no Imperial embassy within the city?" she mused out loud, as she hadn't really gone looking for embassies yet at this point.

She had heard there was a Crane embassy, but that was about it.

Has: Sacred Daisho, Light Armor (battle), necklace of prayer beads (jade), figurine of Jizo, parchment and charcoal, white cowl. Lion tattoo on left arm, Dragon tattoo on left thigh.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2020 1:46 pm 

There's another nodding, "Un!"

"Quite simple. Standard, but strong. Build for defence. I guess it could be more Crab than any other Clan." Horonigai shrugs.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2020 7:13 pm 

"I have a feeling that even a castle like this one is still more comfortable than a Crab castle, Seppun-sama. The Crab are not known for... " she paused, searching for the word, before settling on; "comfyness."

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2020 8:23 pm 

She shrugs. "I've never been into a Crab castle before, so, can't really say. I've into a very humble Sparrow castle, though. Not much comfyness."

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2020 2:39 am 

"It's been a few years since I was that far south, but... there is not much in a Crab castle that brings peace to the soul, be it art, decorations, or... comfyness." And this was coming from a monk who was probably used to all sorts of un-comfyness.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2020 2:43 am 

She turns to Tsukimi again. "Have you. Have you been to the Walls?"

Horonigai opens a big smirk, excitedly.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2020 2:44 am 

She looked at Horonigai and confirmed with a nod. "Yes. I have been to the south to see the Great Carpenter Wall that guards our Empire."

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2020 2:45 am 

"That is something I would like to see one day." She mentions. "How is it -- is it true that a whole army can march over it from point to point in a matter of days?"

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2020 3:07 am 

"Hmm... I did not see it when I was there, but I believe it to be possible, yes. The Wall is so wide, and well-constructed, so that it's like the smoothest road with no hills or slopes to go through," she explained.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2020 2:15 pm 

She snorts, thinking out loud, "I imagine the errands any sensei would give to stubborn students. Like: off with you to Kyuden Hida, and bring fried shrimp to all your classmates here at Shiro Hiruma for dinner."

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2020 10:24 pm 

"I... don't think they have young students out at Shiro Hiruma," she replied, almost hesitantly. "It lies on the other side of the Wall, after all, Seppun-sama. Even if it's been reclaimed, it's a dangerous place."

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2020 10:34 pm 

She blinks. "Ne, but I thought... Since it has been reclaimed..."

A shrug. "I know nothing of the Crab... Didn't I say that?"

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2020 10:37 pm 

"Shiro Hiruma lies beyond the Wall, because the Wall was not always there. It was a castle that was the first line of defense in the times of old, before it was overrun, and the Wall had to be built," Tsukimi explained in a warm tone.

"It has been reclaimed, but the Crab still focus most of their defense on the Carpenter Wall. Shiro Hiruma however is a safe haven for their scouts these days." And a good staging point for deeper excursions, she suspected too.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2020 10:44 pm 

"That's what I've heard. I thought the castle was closer to the Carpenter Wall, though. I also heard the Hiruma are pretty fast and... rather direct. That's why I thought it would be a fun thing to think about. Even if kind of impossible."

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2020 10:58 pm 

"Hmm... I think it's some days away from the Wall, but I never went on the other side so I couldn't say. And I've heard stories that... the southern lands beyond the Wall aren't always the same, that they change and twist." She shuddered a little at the thought. Just having seen it from the Wall itself was bad enough.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2020 11:08 pm 

Horonigai tries to subtly change the subject, "Which kind of tea Togashi-san likes?"

She's not subtle. It is known.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2020 12:14 am 

The Dragon didn't mind the subject change at all. "Tea? Hmm... green tea is nice, I think. Not as strong or bitter as black tea. I don't know too much about different kinds of teas though, Seppun-sama, so I'm afraid you'll find me a bit ignorant on the topci."