It is currently Sat Sep 21, 2024 3:30 pm

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 239 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
 Post subject: Re: Concerns and Tribulations (D8, Early Afternoon)
PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2020 1:55 am 

Togashi Iko wrote:
"There is much death outside these walls, there is no need to add more of it inside, where it can be avoided."

"It can, but it wasn't. How can we make sure such polices are not the standard method?"

Horonigai takes a sip of water, adding, "Imagine a future were the Lion have the full strength of the Throne to act similarly, with the dutiful fury of the Matsu."

Gear: daisho, another classy fan, another extravagant furisode (or plain kimono and hakama), silk umbrella, jade obi dome (pendant), golden kushi kanzashi (head comb).
Duty/Outside: Armor Up!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2020 2:09 am 

Tsukimi sipped her water to mask her silence throughout the exchange. She thought the Lion already had enjoyed the favor of the throne, thanks to Matsu Shikyo for saving the Hantei's life some years ago, and providing him with a suitable bride.

But what did she know of the minds of Emperors and thrones. Did thrones even have minds of their own, different from the Emperor who sat on them? Did they think ugh not this guy again, maybe with the Steel Chrysanthemum?

"I think I would say that the Matsu would always be dutiful in their fury to the rightful sovereign," she remarked calmly.

“At times, the voice of peace must ring like Thunder.”

Has: Sacred Daisho, Light Armor (battle), necklace of prayer beads (jade), figurine of Jizo, parchment and charcoal, white cowl. Lion tattoo on left arm, Dragon tattoo on left thigh.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2020 2:12 am 

Chen barely held back a smirk of his own now "You are perhaps right Seppun-sama, I'm sure the man who slaughtered the emporer and half of the winter court will surely show more temperance on the throne."

When appropriate: Light Armor, Yumi

Profile Mask

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2020 2:17 am 

Horonigai narrows her eyes at the Scorpion. "Bayushi-san should rethink his words and correct them. I was there, I saw what my ancestor did to my cousin. Please, be kind and apologize."

Gear: daisho, another classy fan, another extravagant furisode (or plain kimono and hakama), silk umbrella, jade obi dome (pendant), golden kushi kanzashi (head comb).

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2020 2:21 am 

Now this was getting interesting, Iko thought again, remaining silent in light of the entertainment.

Carries: Daisho, Yumi (where appropriate)
Description

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2020 2:25 am 

Chen bowed his head "I apologize my words were not meant to anger or cause pain I simply to point out that I don't see the reason behind fearing the aggression of a Matsu when the other option has proven itself more violent and vicious. Would Seppun-sama kindly point out where my words were untrue?" His tone lacked sarcasm and was an earnest question.

Profile Mask

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2020 2:29 am 

"I take your words were sarcastic in nature. That is quite offensive. Specially in the situation we are in. Please, do not lie. Speak your heart truly."

She takes another sip.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2020 2:34 am 

He bowed his head low again "Apologies, I will speak it in a plain sense then, you worry over the behavior of the Matsu who has had power for some time and shown no signs abusing it in such a way when you have witnessed the cruelty that your ancestor possessed first hand. I do not understand this."

Profile Mask

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2020 2:40 am 

She nods with a thankful smile for his renewed straightforwardness. "Ne. Doumo arigatou gizamashita, Bayushi-san."

"They Matsu have never had the full power of the Throne. It has always been properly balanced, with the aid of all the Clans, Minor and Great, along the Imperial Families."

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2020 2:42 am 

Tsukimi sipped her water once more in an effort to blend into the scenery. Or sink into the floor. She'd accept whichever came first.

The princess was again worrying her with her statements.

Has: Sacred Daisho, Light Armor (battle), necklace of prayer beads (jade), figurine of Jizo, parchment and charcoal, white cowl. Lion tattoo on left arm, Dragon tattoo on left thigh.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2020 2:44 am 

"Even so it seems unwise to fear what the lion may or may not do when you see evidence of the destruction the slaughter spirit brings in its wake." He replies simply "Deal with the known danger and then assess the situation."

Profile Mask

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2020 2:47 am 

Bayushi Chen wrote:
"Even so it seems unwise to fear what the lion may or may not do when you see evidence of the destruction the slaughter spirit brings in its wake." He replies simply "Deal with the known danger and then assess the situation."

"Ah yes, the spirits. Tell me Bayushi-san...who opened that gate again?" Iko asked, stirring the pot only a little.

Description

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2020 2:50 am 

"The spirits themselves, in their majority are Lion ancestors. Mostly Matsu. I cannot say I am wise. I cannot also say I fear. It is concern. Today's actions fuel this perspective. What if the rule tomorrow is that one cannot use green on the streets."

She looks to both Dragon samurai.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2020 2:53 am 

"But who has turned them against us Togashi-San? Who commanded them to slaughter hundreds of innocents? Who matches them toward us at this very moment intent to slay any who stand between them and the Emporer's child? These questions concern me far more than who opened the door in the first place."

Seppun Horonigai wrote:
"The spirits themselves, in their majority are Lion ancestors. Mostly Matsu. I cannot say I am wise. I cannot also say I fear. It is concern. Today's actions fuel this perspective. What if the rule tomorrow is that one cannot use green on the streets."

She looks to both Dragon samurai.

"We cannot hold the lion responsible for the actions of their returned ancestors any more than we can hold the imperial families responsible for the action of theirs."

Profile Mask

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2020 2:54 am 

Hachi is amazed at the Scorpion holding forth in debate against one so high above him. But then, that seems to be normal here. He would consider it for the future, but for now, it was interesting to observe.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2020 2:55 am 

"We can hold anyone responsible for the actions they perform today."

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2020 2:58 am 

"I am not saying I agree with what the Lion have done but I am saying we should not judge the Empress by the actions of a governor who overreacted." Chen replied he was not confrontational but he also was not backing down.

"I do not pretend to have all the answers to all of the issues but I do know that the monster that calls to these gates cannot sit that throne again. He has proven that much already."

Profile Mask

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2020 2:59 am 

"I hear the lands of the Emerald Champion are lovely this time of year. Have you heard that as well Togashi-san?"

Iko asks, indirectly making her thoughts known.

Bayushi Chen wrote:
"But who has turned them against us Togashi-San? Who commanded them to slaughter hundreds of innocents? Who matches them toward us at this very moment intent to slay any who stand between them and the Emporer's child? These questions concern me far more than who opened the door in the first place."

"I'm sure the Phoenix thought the same thing when the Lion marched upon them during the War of Burned Wings. Of course substituting the Elemental Council for the child of which you speak." Her bluntness here is unmistakeable in comparison with her previous comment.

Description

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2020 2:59 am 

Tsukimi saw the pot-stirring and didn't like it. Tsukimi heard the remark about green, and she really didn't like where this conversation was going.

She breathed in deeply, closed her eyes, and exhaled softly.

What she had seen that morning, and what she had said to Mogami, it was still all very clear in her mind.

""If you drink poison, don't forget to lick the bowl."" To punctuate the quote, she drained the remaining water in her cup and placed it aside.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2020 3:03 am 

Agasha Poemu wrote:
Poemu looked a touch more serious for a moment, her voice soft. "I would not seek to question the troubles Mari-san has faced. Nor would I wish to diminish the hardships. I will only say this; we all live in Ningen-do, in Rokugan. If there is any way that I can help you to see the world as I do Mari-san... please, do not hesitate to say so. I would be honored to be of whatever assistance I can."

You ... are adorable. Can I bottle you and sell you as a sugar substitute, because you're priceless?

She smirked over at the woman and bowed her head a little, inclining it so that they could speak in lower tones and not interrupt others. "You are far too kind to a humble wolf, -sama. Thank you for that... but I meant only that yours is the world of court, and mine the open road. I have only a minimal experience with your world, just as I imagine you have only a little with mine."

She gave her a tiny wink. "That said, I would not say no to another conversation in the future, if -sama has the time and we are not in a fight for our lives."

Description, Character Image

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 239 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next