It is currently Sat Sep 21, 2024 1:59 pm

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 125 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 Post subject: Re: D8 LM - A Confrontation
PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2020 9:53 pm 

"It may be best to ask the Kitsu, though truth be told, I do not know what the proper protocol here is. Were she just dead once, I know it like the back of my hand but since she has returned and died again..."

Mogami's Equipment: Battle: Light Armor, Yumi, Quiver w Flesh Cutter Arrows, Daisho
Court: Decent quality kimono and courtiers fan

Budoka's Tsuruga and Fuwa's Eqiupment:
Battle: Ashigaru Armor | Han-Kyu, Quiver w Willow Leaf Arrows | Yari
Court: Kimono

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2020 1:03 am 

"I do not know if there would be any difference, but as noted, the Kutsu would likely be the best choice for these questions. Personally, I am most focused on the elements, not the spiritual side, though I can accomplish the basics."

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2020 1:18 am 

"Well, we best send for them then. Fuwa, Tsuruga, do you both think you could manage to find some to assist in the cleansing of the Dojo and the proper care given to...."

She hesitates, a bit of a scowl of disgust crossing her features.

"my grandmother?"

The Budoka nod and bow to all present and then set off to find Eta and a Kitsu.

Mogami's Equipment: Battle: Light Armor, Yumi, Quiver w Flesh Cutter Arrows, Daisho

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2020 1:29 am 

"Was she truly?"

Chihaya seemed surprised. "I thought perhaps they could pretend to be, but you believe this truly was the spirit of your grandmother?"

If so, that means those Matsu ghosts likely were Matsu after all, and not merely pretenders...

Profile :: Theme

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2020 1:30 am 

"I do not see any way it could be anything else. She looks and acts exactly the same, and her body did not show any signs of being something...foul"

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2020 1:32 am 

"You mean to say the attempt to murder one's grandchildren is normal among your family?"

Chihaya sounded astonished, and hid her surprise behind her hand.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2020 1:37 am 

"Her disdain for my mother marrying my father, and the disdain for me being sent to the Akodo War College led to many a conflict. Never outright murder mind you, but..."

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2020 1:40 am 

"... I pray that such behavior is not common, yet it might speak to why every one of these spirits which I have encountered so far was Matsu by name."

Chihaya looked pensive.

"Perhaps your lord might prescribe some time spent in meditation each week, to soothe the nerves."

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2020 2:24 am 

"Be careful of your words, Suzume-san. You have dire implications in them. You wouldn't want to give the wrong impression."

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2020 3:03 am 

"Toshigoku is the Realm of Slaughter, Suzume-sama," Tsukimi added in, hoping to diffuse the situation.

"Those who end up in that realm, become forever twisted by it. Not in the same way as the enemy to the south, but it... takes over one's mind. A warrior we might've called furious and righteous in life, could be twisted in the Realm of Slaughter to become something that abandons much of Bushido and humanity."

“At times, the voice of peace must ring like Thunder.”

Has: Sacred Daisho, Light Armor (battle), necklace of prayer beads (jade), figurine of Jizo, parchment and charcoal, white cowl. Lion tattoo on left arm, Dragon tattoo on left thigh.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2020 3:24 am 

"I suspect we have seen or heard of a lot of Matsu for a few reasons. First, we are in Lion lands; why would the Steel Flower bring Phoenix or Crane soldiers. Second, they are the largest family; thus there were simply more of them to bring. Third, they are among the most fearsome warriors in the Empire, always on the front lines of all battles they are at."

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2020 3:26 am 

"Yes," she nodded emphatically in agreement of Hachi's words. Thank the Kami, there were sensible folks in this city!

Has: Sacred Daisho, Light Armor (battle), necklace of prayer beads (jade), figurine of Jizo, parchment and charcoal, white cowl. Lion tattoo on left arm, Dragon tattoo on left thigh.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2020 3:41 am 

Mogami nods to the Dragon and Phoenix, and then looks to the Sparrow to see if she will alter her statement.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2020 6:02 am 

Chihaya shrugged. She had made a true observation, and would not amend it.

"I only hope that this incident serves as a reminder to us all to temper fury with compassion and courtesy - lest we open ourselves to the influence of that realm."

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2020 6:15 am 

"All tenants of Bushido must be kept in check, yes. "

Mogami's eyes burned a little in anger at the woman, but she calmed herself with a breath and only her On was left.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2020 7:09 am 

"That's an interesting thought. I wonder if there's any way to make the Spirit's align more to Ningen-do, instead of Toshigoku?"

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2020 3:15 pm 

Chihaya observed the anger, and took a slow breath, before saying, softly, "Matsu-san, I have just come from witnessing four samurai, three of them able-bodied warriors who may have served to defend this city, kill one another for the sake of offended pride, for I can think of no other reason for the orders which set that disaster into motion."

Tucking her hands into her sleeves, she gazed at the Lion with some strange mix of frustration and kindness, as she continued, "I have fought in two wars, and innumerable battles, against the enemies of the Empire, both living and undead. I, less than a week ago, stood on the field of battle fighting against an army of Matsu spirits, alongside Lion, to defend a Lion city. I saw you fight on the wall of Toshi no Omoidasu, before I sallied forth. You show incredible potential - young as you are."

A slow breath. "I am a servant of the empire - and one with some experience. If you choose to take my words as insult, then you may see about creating a decree to ban sparrow from speaking within the city, if it pleases you."

She said it plainly, and without emotion. "However, if you instead hear them as what they are - warning, perhaps you might take advantage of my experience. In this battle our enemy feeds upon and sows rage and brash violence. Already we strike at each other in a manner I presume is unusual for a Lion - striking down an unarmed woman from behind. Do you not feel that perhaps our anger is becoming a liability - that even a righteous anger now becomes... dangerous?"

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2020 6:06 pm 

"Suzume-sama has always entered battle with a calm heart and serene spirit?" Tsukimi asked with genuine honesty.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2020 6:22 pm 

"Not always, but I have not always fought a foe who feeds upon anger... and I also have found that fury often led me into danger that a level head might have avoided." Memories stirred, and she added, "In every battle that I let loose my fury, it ultimately cost me dearly."

She crossed her arms, adding, softly, "One requirement of leadership is keeping a level head, even in times of turmoil - those who follow us into battle rely upon us to think clearly."

A small shrug. "One need not be without any anger... I simply feel it is necessary that we control our fury, rather than it controlling us. Especially in times like these."

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2020 10:39 pm 

"Who says they feed upon anger?" she questioned the Sparrow further.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 125 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next