It is currently Sat Sep 21, 2024 4:39 pm

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 239 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
 Post subject: Re: Concerns and Tribulations (D8, Early Afternoon)
PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2020 11:19 pm 

Mari wrote:
She gave her a sad, small smile. "Oh perhaps when the pilgrimage has concluded I will consider it, Agasha-sama." Her composure was recovering again now. The woman looked perceptive, but she'd always been a very good spinner of yarns in more ways than one. She leaned just a fraction closer and lowered her voice, not so close that it would be improper, but still. "Yes, it is a Musha Shugyo, if that is what you mean." A warrior's pilgrimage. It changed nothing of her status, but it did imply a few things about why she was ronin, things which may or may not have been entirely accurate.

"Forgive me for asking if you had mentioned it before, but are you yourself married?" Focus back on Agasha in 3...2...1.

Poemu smiled with a touch of shyness at the question, nodding. "Hai, I am. I had a marriage arranged with a Miya as a part of my attending their school. He is still in Atsumaru lands for now, though there were plans for him to return with me to Morikage Toshi after winter court was over."

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2020 11:23 pm 

Bayushi Chen wrote:
Chen bowed low and grabbed the cup he smiled brightly to Horonigai "Arigato Seppun-sama." He says as he takes the water "This one is Bayushi-chen and I simply saw what appeared to be a spirited debate and merely wished to observer. I apologize if i disturbed you Minna-sama!"

"No disturbance at all Bayushi-san, but we don't accept observers, only active conversationalists." Iko answered with a smile and nod of her head.

"Please tell us something about yourself. What brings you to Nikesake?"

Carries: Daisho, Yumi (where appropriate)
Description

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2020 11:25 pm 

Agasha Poemu wrote:
Poemu smiled with a touch of shyness at the question, nodding. "Hai, I am. I had a marriage arranged with a Miya as a part of my attending their school. He is still in Atsumaru lands for now, though there were plans for him to return with me to Morikage Toshi after winter court was over."

"With good fortune, when all of this is done, the two of you will be reunited there," she said, nodding as much to herself as anything, filing away yet another snippet of information for the future. "By the sound of it then, you are recently married? Have you been blessed with children yet?" She didn't want to imagine the trials of having a kid along for this particular journey, but considering the refugee throng she'd seen the last two days, it wasn't out of the realm of possibility.

Description, Character Image

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2020 11:27 pm 

Tsukimi shifted in her seat a little, making a small adjustment to the fabric around her neck that helped obscure her birthmark. Suddenly, close to center of attention, again...

A feeling she still didn't understand very well.

"Pleasure to meet you, Bayushi-sama. I'm Togashi Tsukimi."

“At times, the voice of peace must ring like Thunder.”

Has: Sacred Daisho, Light Armor (battle), necklace of prayer beads (jade), figurine of Jizo, parchment and charcoal, white cowl. Lion tattoo on left arm, Dragon tattoo on left thigh.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2020 11:32 pm 

Mari wrote:
"With good fortune, when all of this is done, the two of you will be reunited there," she said, nodding as much to herself as anything, filing away yet another snippet of information for the future. "By the sound of it then, you are recently married? Have you been blessed with children yet?" She didn't want to imagine the trials of having a kid along for this particular journey, but considering the refugee throng she'd seen the last two days, it wasn't out of the realm of possibility.

"Abe-san has never been to Morikage Toshi, but I am certain that we will both end up there one day." She smiled and gave a small nod. "We have not had any children yet, we were waiting until I was settled down into one place. Hopefully that will be somewhat soon."

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2020 11:35 pm 

Togashi Iko wrote:
"No disturbance at all Bayushi-san, but we don't accept observers, only active conversationalists." Iko answered with a smile and nod of her head.

"Please tell us something about yourself. What brings you to Nikesake?"

Chen's eyes widened a bit in surprise seemingly slightly uncomfortable with the spot light that had just been thrust upon him. He dipped his head briefly "I-its a pleasure to meet all of you. I'm afraid I am not a terribly interesting soul, my lord sent me to help reinforce the front. I only arrived here in Nikesake yesterday morning." He finished only a little rushed, the smile on his lips seemed a touch nervous.

When appropriate: Light Armor, Yumi

Profile Mask

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2020 11:38 pm 

Wasako gave a nod of acceptance. "If you say so, Shosuro-san. I haven't had quite the honour to serve as a yojimbo before but I would think that it would be difficult to earn such a posting."

She took a quick glance at the room. It wasn't like every bushi here was a yojimbo. Then again, not every shugenja and courtier had a yojimbo either.

Character Profile • Art by Joanne Kwan

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2020 11:44 pm 

Agasha Poemu wrote:
"Abe-san has never been to Morikage Toshi, but I am certain that we will both end up there one day." She smiled and gave a small nod. "We have not had any children yet, we were waiting until I was settled down into one place. Hopefully that will be somewhat soon."

She glanced over at her and smiled, nodding. Ah, that makes a bit of sense. She looks younger than I am even by a winter or two. Young to be a diplomat of standing, but when one has the right parenting, doors do open.

"You will almost certainly do so as this conflict slows. Part of an Ambassador's duties are, after all, to remain where they are Ambassador to, are they not?" In other words, she'd want to get used to Morikage Toshi. Much too stuffy a city for Mari's tastes, personally. "I apologize if I'm asking too many personal questions. I wouldn't want to intrude too much into my betters' business." It sounded more like a standard precaution, the sort of thing she was trained to say, knew to say before continuing. Some higher status folk did not appreciate the prying anymore than a ronin did.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2020 11:44 pm 

Bayushi Chen wrote:
Chen's eyes widened a bit in surprise seemingly slightly uncomfortable with the spot light that had just been thrust upon him. He dipped his head briefly "I-its a pleasure to meet all of you. I'm afraid I am not a terribly interesting soul, my lord sent me to help reinforce the front. I only arrived here in Nikesake yesterday morning." He finished only a little rushed, the smile on his lips seemed a touch nervous.

"Word travels quickly it seems, I am glad that the response is just as swift. It gives this one hope that there may be a resolution to this matter soon."

Description

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2020 11:56 pm 

Mirumoto Wasako wrote:
Wasako gave a nod of acceptance. "If you say so, Shosuro-san. I haven't had quite the honour to serve as a yojimbo before but I would think that it would be difficult to earn such a posting."

She took a quick glance at the room. It wasn't like every bushi here was a yojimbo. Then again, not every shugenja and courtier had a yojimbo either.

"Would rather my lady Shosuro stayed home, would rather be home."

Stillness from the Scorpion.

"Here we are."

When Allowed: Armor, Yumi/Arrows

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2020 11:57 pm 

Togashi Iko wrote:
"Word travels quickly it seems, I am glad that the response is just as swift. It gives this one hope that there may be a resolution to this matter soon."

"Hai well when an emporer is murdered in front of a court that is the kind of news that catches like a fire during a dry summer." He considers the latter part of her statement for moment "Well a resolution may be swift but who will be happy about it is still uncertain." The scorpion seemed to be getting his feet under him so to speak, the nervousness slowly leaving his posture.

Profile Mask

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2020 12:09 am 

"Shitsurei shimasu, ne, Baushi-san," Horonigai rethorically asks to be excused by her rudeness beforehand, then replies, "I can't imagine who would be happy with any outcome. We have lost a Child of the Heavens, and must fight our own ancestors so the others won't meet the same end. Meanwhile, we have have samurai that were supposed to defend us doing the exact opposite."

Gear: daisho, another classy fan, another extravagant furisode (or plain kimono and hakama), silk umbrella, jade obi dome (pendant), golden kushi kanzashi (head comb).
Duty/Outside: Armor Up!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2020 12:16 am 

"Ah yes...that was ugly business. Hopefully a peaceful conclusion can be found between Lion and Crane in these trying times we must not squabble amongst eachother and certainly not kill one another senselessly." He said and carefully avoided looking to the duelist as he did. He also held back his thoughts on both parties having more honor than sense.

Profile Mask

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2020 12:26 am 

Mari wrote:
She glanced over at her and smiled, nodding. Ah, that makes a bit of sense. She looks younger than I am even by a winter or two. Young to be a diplomat of standing, but when one has the right parenting, doors do open.

"You will almost certainly do so as this conflict slows. Part of an Ambassador's duties are, after all, to remain where they are Ambassador to, are they not?" In other words, she'd want to get used to Morikage Toshi. Much too stuffy a city for Mari's tastes, personally. "I apologize if I'm asking too many personal questions. I wouldn't want to intrude too much into my betters' business." It sounded more like a standard precaution, the sort of thing she was trained to say, knew to say before continuing. Some higher status folk did not appreciate the prying anymore than a ronin did.

"I am certain there are some that would mind, but I do not," Poemu waved her fan back and forth in light dismissal, her tone soft. "To mind questions that do not dishonor is to say one has secrets, something I could never have in good conscious."

"As for my assignment... it is still likely I will end up back in Lion lands when this is all over, whether that is Morikage Toshi or another place. I am not certain the state of the city after I left after all." She paused, giving a soft sigh through her nose. "I may end up in Otosan Uchi too, if I am needed there, but the Dragon need someone like me to be with the Lion, considering how few other viable alternatives the Dragon have."

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2020 12:33 am 

Bayushi Chen wrote:
"Ah yes...that was ugly business. Hopefully a peaceful conclusion can be found between Lion and Crane in these trying times we must not squabble amongst eachother and certainly not kill one another senselessly." He said and carefully avoided looking to the duelist as he did. He also held back his thoughts on both parties having more honor than sense.

Iko suppressed a smirk behind her water cup as she noticed the Scorpions efforts to avoid catching her own gaze.

"There is much death outside these walls, there is no need to add more of it inside, where it can be avoided."

Description

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2020 12:41 am 

Seitouna does what he can to attend to the conversation with his player being out for much of the day. And he makes notes.

Quote:
Of some note in the following talk were the words Agasha Poemu--trained as a shisha--entered. And she showed the compassion of the Miya in speaking long with one of the ronin who were in the city, one Mari, who had seemed particularly interested in fish when I had chance to speak with her.

Much better narrative voice, he thinks as he continues.

Quote:
Agasha-sama was not the only Dragon to speak, of course. Several seemed to gather around an Imperial Miharu who had graced the gathering with her presence--and one Scorpion joined them as another spoke at some length with Akodo Touki, whom I was glad to see had helped successfully shepherd the Lion's guests at Toshi no Omoidasu to safety.

Thinking * Speaking Merenae * Speaking Thrane
Generally wears decent kimono & sandals, jitte, wakizashi
Wears extravagant kimono & sandals and wakizashi at court
Almost always has paper and something to write with
Public Profile

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2020 12:43 am 

Agasha Poemu wrote:
"I am certain there are some that would mind, but I do not," Poemu waved her fan back and forth in light dismissal, her tone soft. "To mind questions that do not dishonor is to say one has secrets, something I could never have in good conscious."

"As for my assignment... it is still likely I will end up back in Lion lands when this is all over, whether that is Morikage Toshi or another place. I am not certain the state of the city after I left after all." She paused, giving a soft sigh through her nose. "I may end up in Otosan Uchi too, if I am needed there, but the Dragon need someone like me to be with the Lion, considering how few other viable alternatives the Dragon have."

She stifled a chuckle, turning to regard the Agasha with detached bemusement. She didn't even say it, but that did imply most ronin had secrets, but then again. They were ronin. Oh look, one was a peasant who picked up a dead samurai's swords and swung them until they were decent at it. The other was a disgraced lord hated in their former lands. A third was denied seppuku for their failures. Just being a ronin meant 'I have secrets.'

"Of course, -sama. A samurai lives in he light of Ameterasu always," she said mildly, letting that be her concurrence there. "And as you say. I would imagine you will be settled and ready to perform your duties from a single local in due course. This is merely a ... setback in the process." You know, assuming that these toshigoku bastards still revered Imperial authority on some level instead of being insane slaughter-minded... oh.

"Your world is far from my own, but I thank you for sharing a piece of it with me."

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2020 12:47 am 

Shosuro Kitamaru wrote:
"Would rather my lady Shosuro stayed home, would rather be home."

Stillness from the Scorpion.

"Here we are."

The corners of Touki's lips quirked up, just a little. "Rarely can we choose the blows that fate deals to us. Although in truth, if I had a list to choose from, I don't know if that would make it easier, or harder."

Carries: Daisho, kimono (probably worn)

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2020 1:22 am 

Akodo Touki wrote:
The corners of Touki's lips quirked up, just a little. "Rarely can we choose the blows that fate deals to us. Although in truth, if I had a list to choose from, I don't know if that would make it easier, or harder."

"Some cannot see the blow", Kitamaru contended. "Others don't understand they have choice, too many feathers in their vision."

When Allowed: Armor, Yumi/Arrows

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2020 1:46 am 

Mari wrote:
She stifled a chuckle, turning to regard the Agasha with detached bemusement. She didn't even say it, but that did imply most ronin had secrets, but then again. They were ronin. Oh look, one was a peasant who picked up a dead samurai's swords and swung them until they were decent at it. The other was a disgraced lord hated in their former lands. A third was denied seppuku for their failures. Just being a ronin meant 'I have secrets.'

"Of course, -sama. A samurai lives in he light of Ameterasu always," she said mildly, letting that be her concurrence there. "And as you say. I would imagine you will be settled and ready to perform your duties from a single local in due course. This is merely a ... setback in the process." You know, assuming that these toshigoku bastards still revered Imperial authority on some level instead of being insane slaughter-minded... oh.

"Your world is far from my own, but I thank you for sharing a piece of it with me."

Poemu looked a touch more serious for a moment, her voice soft. "I would not seek to question the troubles Mari-san has faced. Nor would I wish to diminish the hardships. I will only say this; we all live in Ningen-do, in Rokugan. If there is any way that I can help you to see the world as I do Mari-san... please, do not hesitate to say so. I would be honored to be of whatever assistance I can."

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 239 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next