It is currently Sat Sep 21, 2024 11:54 am

Post subject: Re: [D7, EA] Free Spirits
PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2020 11:12 pm 

"Hai. The earning morning will be fine. It seems we'll both be having lunch at different times so the afternoon is a little difficult, ne?"

Picking up her cup she has a slow sip.

"This bath has been really soothing. I wish my cousin would have come with me today."

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2020 12:03 am 

"We could always meet your cousin another time." Miwako suggested. "I have more sake."

Phoenix Clan ° Shugenja ° Diminished Water Tensai ° Togashi Trained ° Tattooed ° Healer ° Light Sleeper ° Dream Hunter ° Lunatic ° Married ° Mother ° Bee Queen ° Sake Overseer ° Rainmaker ° Experienced
Status 1.0 | Glory 3.0 | Honor: What's Expected

Carries/wears: Scroll satchel, tanto, wakizashi, jade, cricket

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2020 12:10 am 

What a tempting offer! Maiya was most intrigued!

"Ano, hai. Eto..." She fished around for a polite way to ask. "Do you usually go for a bath around this time Isawa-sama? I can bring my cousin tomorrow."

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2020 2:28 am 

She tilted her head slightly. "Oh, Kaiu-san hasn't travelled alone? I was under the impression that you were but it's good that you had company on the road, especially for your first outing outside of your lands."

Character Profile • Art by Joanne Kwan

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2020 3:27 am 

"I do not." she shook her head. "But, I don't mind making time for ne friends. Or, we could meet at another time or place, if you'd prefer."

Phoenix Clan ° Shugenja ° Diminished Water Tensai ° Togashi Trained ° Tattooed ° Healer ° Light Sleeper ° Dream Hunter ° Lunatic ° Married ° Mother ° Bee Queen ° Sake Overseer ° Rainmaker ° Experienced

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2020 6:54 pm 

"Hai, my cousin Kaiu Amaya-san is in the city with me. She was also invited to my sister's wedding. All of the other guests have left. My sister and her new husband too. We stayed behind to help out. Well, we're not really sure what we're helping against yet. I don't think the Lion entirely know yet either."

She stopped there and shrugged.

"I don't mind Isawa-sama. Whatever is best for you. I'm sure you have more important things to look after than I, ne?" Maiya points out with a smile.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2020 7:16 pm 

She sighed softly on that note. "Admittedly, things haven't been too clear. I think everyone is just trying to deal with the large influx of refugee, ourselves included. It's been very chaotic. It remains to be seen if the spirits will be marching through Nikesake or going elsewhere entirely. They seem intent but I don't know if intent enough to go around the city."

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2020 11:01 pm 

"There is plenty of room to go around. They'd likely only attack for supplies, to protect their rear or if antagonised. Hmm... do they even need supplies?" Zombies didn't, and they were returned samurai, so maybe they were similar? "Did those who came back need to eat? I don't know if I met any." Maiya explained.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2020 11:50 pm 

"I'm not sure if they would need supplies, but I don't think they're mindless." Miwako explained. "They are driven by rage and madness, but they are warriors, veterans of countless battles. It seem that they will listen to certain spirits with strong wills, like Hantei XVI. And, many spirits visited with their descendants prior to this."

"It's very possible that they may attack here to prevent us from flanking them, or simply to make an example of us."

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2020 1:04 am 

Wonderful. "I see. That does sound possible Isawa-sama. I hope the Lion have prepared the defences well. Ah-" She realised she was turning the conversation into something negative again. "Sorry. It's on my mind. I'm likely disturbing you both. Please forgive me when we are here to relax." Maiya hastily says, her expression contrite.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2020 1:15 am 

"If there is anyone who would hold a grudge, it's more than likely these sports," she nodded when Miwako mentioned the spirits wanting to make an example.

"It's fine," she said at the Crab. "It may not be the best topic for a bath...but I suppose I'd rather you be informed than wandering the streets without a clue of what was happening. I know I would have easily appreciated the information when I arrived at Toshi no Omoidoso several days ago."

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2020 1:24 am 

"Ara... that sounds... hai. I cannot imagine that. It was evacuated, desho? That must have been... Must have been horrible."

For a Crab, a Clan that never wanted to give ground, the idea of an evacuation was an incredibly serious thing. If Wasako was aware of that she might have understood why Maiya's face had become paler.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2020 2:13 am 

"Mmm...we were evacuated but I don't think everyone did. At the very least, the Governor and the troops stayed behind to buy us some time. I don't know what became of the town and the others..." she said with a bit of uncertainty and a shake of her head. Whatever they were facing was likely not going to be kind, especially if it was the rest of the army.

The truth of the matter was, Toshi no Omoidoso as doing better but the food stores didn't make it a sustainable place to be keeping refugees.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2020 2:20 am 

"I worry about them, but it was clear we couldn't remain, not with all of the refugees from Morikage Toshi." Miwako shook her head. "I'm not sure we should remain here, either. Nikesake is built well for a siege, but they could not have supplied themselves to sustain refugees from two other cities."

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2020 2:24 am 

"Perhaps they had enough advance warning to stockpile supplies? They would only need to last until a Lion Army or the Imperial Legions arrive, ne?"

With a deep breath Maiya sat up. Her cup was emptied and set down. "Thank you for your generosity Isawa-sama. I hope we see each other again so I can introduce you to my cousin."

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2020 2:29 am 

"Hopefully, but this all began about a week ago and it's still very early spring." she frowned. "I look forward to meeting your cousin and seeing you again, Kaiu-san."

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2020 2:48 am 

"True. Hmm..." She hoped none of this made her sister's wedding inauspicious.

"I had best head out. It was really nice meeting you both." She got up, turning to the Dragon and lifting her hands into fists. She looked a little excited. "I am looking forward to tomorrow morning."

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2020 4:12 am 

Wasako drifted off as the two talked. She hadn't really thought so far as the Lion Army and Imperial Legion...but it would be nice if they were a real possibility. They weren't just going to keep running, were they?

"Hai! It was nice meeting you, Kaiu-san! I look forward to tomorrow!" She quickly said as her thoughts returned to the present, bowing to her properly. "Carry the Fortunes."

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2020 4:24 am 

Maiya lifted her hand to give each of them a small wave. "Carry the Fortunes, ne?" She wasn't used to the widely popular way of saying goodbye in the rest of the Empire so it always surprised her.

"Please enjoy yourselves, stay safe and don't get overheated. See you." She adds with a slight smile. She's then stepping out of the bath and toward the washing area to collect her towel. It was soon around herself, moving here and there to, as she used it to dry off en route back to the female changing rooms.

/ Exit