It is currently Sat Sep 21, 2024 5:30 pm

Post subject: [Day 8, Late Afternoon]Just A Prick Or Two
PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2020 10:13 pm 

Mogami settled back in her quarters with a sigh, discarding the bloodied gown she had been given by the guard this morning in a heap next to the door. She sits down in front of a wash bin that her Budoka had brought in and cleans herself up as best as she could while Fuwa and Tsuruga stood outside the room, waiting for her guest to arrive.

Mogami's Equipment: Battle: Light Armor, Yumi, Quiver w Flesh Cutter Arrows, Daisho
Court: Decent quality kimono and courtiers fan

Budoka's Tsuruga and Fuwa's Eqiupment:
Battle: Ashigaru Armor | Han-Kyu, Quiver w Willow Leaf Arrows | Yari
Court: Kimono

Post subject: Re: [Day 8, Late Afternoon]Just A Prick Or Two
PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2020 10:31 pm 

Comfortable among the castle by now, and in that it is meant that she is comfortable to know the steps she must take in the halls of those far above her station. Mai was lead through to a different quarters, certainly those servants that bring her to each spot must wonder how it is that she continues to know those that she does.

Turned over to the Budoka outside she surely recognized at least the one and knew proper to bow and offer her greetings yet outside to those standing guard. Treated as an extension of Mogami herself.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2020 10:34 pm 

The Budoka bows, and says

"Togashi-san. Wait, please"

the other Budoka enters the room and says something inaudible before returning and nodding to the other man.

"Matsu-sama is happy to receive you. Thank you for your visit."

Mogami's Equipment: Battle: Light Armor, Yumi, Quiver w Flesh Cutter Arrows, Daisho

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2020 4:08 am 

With an inclination of her head she entered when allowed. Bowing, just inside, to Mogami, "Good afternoon, Matsu Mogami-sama."

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2020 4:12 am 

Mogami gives a smile and bows, motioning to a comfortable, well lit part of the room.

"Well, it is afternoon. Good is debatable. Better that you are here though!"

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2020 4:55 am 

"Hai," she says, moving into the room and taking up a comfortable spot. "There is much talk on the streets of horrible events, and all of which have happened within the walls. Best not to dwell on them, I am certain."

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2020 4:57 am 

Mogami smiles and sits.

"Indeed. I would like to step away from the world for a while. Right now, it's just you and I and your art. What has your mind's eye shown you?"

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2020 9:05 pm 

"I have thought," she said, looking to Mogami and picturing it coming to reality. "That I would do a scene of a mother lion, perhaps her cubs or just others of her pride, sat under a tree in the shade among the plains with a rising sun in the background."

"May, it would be a more whole scene if it were placed upon your back," she said, "but there are yet other places I might adapt such an idea."

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2020 9:52 pm 

"No, I am your canvas, Togashi-san. My back it is, and that scene does sound lovely."

She flashes a smile

"What do we need to do to begin?"

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2020 11:06 pm 

"May, I would merely need you to find yourself in a comfortable position. I will require access to the skin and you will need be prepared for a lengthy period of laying down on your front, and I should warn you again Matsu Mogami-sama there is a discomfort and pain associated with this process," she explained, looking around the room in a glance to ascertain a good idea for herself where might be best.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2020 11:51 pm 

"I imagine it won't be as bad as being disemboweled, which I experienced earlier today."

She smirks and disrobes, but keeps herself covered with her hands before laying down and covering her bottom half with a blanket. Her stomach shows sighs of a nasty wound that was just healed but the rest of her body is full of youth and is quite pristine. Athletic and lithe, she wears her youth well and would certainly turn a few heads if she presented in a way that people could appreciate it.

"May I have anything brought for you while you work? Tsuruga and Fuwa are standing guard outside the room for now and are happy to be of assistance"

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2020 2:47 am 

There was a sudden tensed pause that overcame her as she realized there was some trurth of it, "M-Matsu Mogami-sama, you speak of such a trial and not yet only walk around but wish for me to yet inflict more pain upon your body? I do not believe I could allow myself in good conscience to continue with such knowledge. Your body yet needs time to recover from such a wound, it would be no time to test it further with pricks and prods," she said, quickly but not so that it did not keep to propriety.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2020 3:03 am 

"No, please. I insist. The memory of today and what needed to be done will be forever part of me, so I want to remember this day also as one bringing something good into the world."

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2020 4:43 am 

"May I ask of you what happened then, Matsu Mogami-sama? And I must insist that I hear of how your wound has healed so."

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2020 4:49 am 

Mogami lets out a sigh as she gets comfortable laying on her stomach.

"My grandmother decided to pay me a visit."

Realizing that would not be enough, Mogami takes another deep breath and begins

"When my mother married my father, she was the first of our entire families history to not marry within the Matsu name. He was an Akodo, and through some strand of fate, the two of them were able to marry despire my grandmothers hatred at the idea"

"Normally, this could be settled over time, but my mother and father kept adding slights to my grandmother that they didn't realize I think. See, my father saw my potential and petitioned for me to study at the War College like himself."

Another breath.

"Another first for the entire history of my mothers family line. No one had ever studied outside the Matsu schools"

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2020 5:09 am 

"Would you tell me more about these respective families? I admit, of course I am familiar of the families themselves. Yet, I cannot say that I am well understood of the intricacies of the Matsu and the Akodo," she asked, tapping her cheek as she thought on these developments.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2020 5:15 am 

"I can certainly go into the history of both Akodo and Matsu as family names, do you wish to do that now, or have me detail more of what led to the events happening this morning?"

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2020 5:21 am 

"My hope would be to learn more specifically of what best represents the Akodo, and what best represents the Matsu," she explained. "Symbolically, would be best" she clarified.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2020 5:29 am 

"The Akodo gain there name from the Kami, Akodo. He is the utmost word on what it means to follow Bushido. I can think of no more symbol to represent him than that which all samurai carry at this hip, the wakizashi."

Mogami hums in concentration.

"The Matsu were some of the first who flocked to Akodo when he fell. Fierce, loyal, and powerful. It is hard for me to envision any symbol other than what the Matsu already carry, that of a lion..."

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2020 5:42 am 

"May.. I have much to think on but I thank you for the words you have shared Matsu Mogami-sama. I must request again but two things. May I yet have confirmation of your intent to allow myself to apply what creative spirit I yet possess? As well, I may yet require to know but what means have you seen to this wound? I find it is most important that I know the severity, else the art may impact your recovery negatively."