It is currently Sat Sep 21, 2024 5:04 pm

Post subject: [D8 LE Garden] A Lion and a Scorpion sitting under a tree...
PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2020 5:57 pm 

Sara adjusted her mask and held her umbrella high as she wandered in the gardens.

Tou-kun just asked me to be here, but where is here?

The air was still cold, but almost bearable.

If I freeze here, I'll have to punish him. Her smile turned into a smirk as she thought of what she got up - or rather down- to with Touki last time around.

Post subject: Re: [D8 LE Garden] A Lion and a Scorpion sitting under a tre
PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2020 6:05 pm 

Not far away, the sound of a flute could be heard. The piece was familiar, something Sara would certainly have heard before; the accompaniment to one of the most famous of Scorpion plays. A romance, as it was. A tragic one, but, well, there were only so many options for flute music. The music was soft, not audible from very far away.

The player was quite good, and indeed more than just the tune, the particular instrument might sound familiar. It was coming from just ahead, off the path; perhaps on the other side of the large maple tree.

Carries: Daisho, kimono (probably worn)

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2020 7:13 pm 

Sara followed the music, her lips pursed, listening in curiosity. She followed the sound, enjoying the music of the flute.

She went around the maple tree, trying to be sneaky and surprise her lover.

OOC:
D8 Le SURPRISING TOU-KUN, Stelath/Agi: 7d10o10k3 20

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2020 7:27 pm 

Sara would find Touki, standing there beneath the tree. His umbrella was tucked into the branches overhead, providing him some additional shelter, and freeing up both hands to hold his flute, which he continued to play.

At the last second, he turned suddenly. Touki's olive eyes widened a moment, but then the corners of his lips curled up, even as he played. One last flourish of notes, and he finished.

Touki bowed. "Good evening..." He straightened, smirking, "... Sara-chan." He smiled at her. "I hope the evening is treating you well."

------------------------------

D8LE, deadly ambush! Inves/Perc: 4d10o10k3 30

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2020 7:43 pm 

Sara let out a small giggle. "How alert, like a proper guard, Tou-kun." She glanced around, and put her powder blue umbrella next to his.

"The evening lured me out into the cold on an errand. Hopefully it won't be a fool's one." She raised one eye in a teasing question. Meanwhile she played with her new necklace. "The day started off with a joy, at least."

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2020 7:52 pm 

Touki's eyes glinted, spotting the necklace. "I am pleased that you thought so, Sara-chan. I was likewise pleased to see you wearing it." After all, the implications of her wearing it were fairly clear.

"I trust we shall have you warm again shortly." His lips quirked playfully at that. "But this is a very pleasant place to play, despite the rain. Would you perhaps care to join me under here, for a second song?"

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2020 8:02 pm 

"Oh? Should I consider it strange, that you are pleased by my wearing of random gifts?" She smirked and shook her head, before moving closer to sit in a proper seiza.

"Your trust in the weather is admirable, though possibly misguided Tou-kun."

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2020 8:14 pm 

A quick grin flashed at that. "Ha. I am pleased by how well it suits you, perhaps. It looks very lovely... although perhaps I should credit it less and you more."

Touki had cleverly arranged a blanket on the ground; with the umbrella, it was almost entirely dry, although it wouldn't stay so forever. Touki knelt down next to her, not touching, but close enough that they might easily do so. "Trust, I think not. But I think there is a certain beauty to the falling rain." He gestured out, around at the garden. "And it seemed a good place to enjoy sharing my music, just as I sometimes did at Toshi no Omoidoso." He leaned a little closer. "And I did promise you a song, didn't I?"

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2020 8:27 pm 

Akodo Touki wrote:
A quick grin flashed at that. "Ha. I am pleased by how well it suits you, perhaps. It looks very lovely... although perhaps I should credit it less and you more."

Touki had cleverly arranged a blanket on the ground; with the umbrella, it was almost entirely dry, although it wouldn't stay so forever. Touki knelt down next to her, not touching, but close enough that they might easily do so. "Trust, I think not. But I think there is a certain beauty to the falling rain." He gestured out, around at the garden. "And it seemed a good place to enjoy sharing my music, just as I sometimes did at Toshi no Omoidoso." He leaned a little closer. "And I did promise you a song, didn't I?"

Sara fiddled with the necklace, her fingers tracing over her neck, her smile impish. She moved slightly closer, her knee brushing his. "Hai, it is certainly beautiful. Or it was, the first two days. Now, it's dreary."

Her fingers slowly traced over his knees next, possibly tickling through his kimono. "You did, didn't you? it is good that you keep your promises. It is a quality in a man that I like."

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2020 8:57 pm 

Touki watched her, smiling. "Let me see if I might brighten it for you." He took a deep breath as her knee brushed his.

"Mmm." He murmured pleasantly, letting one hand drop to briefly brush across her leg. "I shall endeavor to continue, then. And I hope, if I should play well, that you might continue to be impressed." He smiled playfully. "I do mean to secure a part in your play, after all."

However, Touki was finding himself rather distracted for the second song...

---------------------------------------------

D8LE, second song, 2 raises for fancy, VP spent, fluff roll, TN25: 7d10o10k5 24

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2020 9:00 pm 

Sara smiled, her fingers playing across his leg still. "Don't worry, many men have problems with handling their flute." She winked at him, and let out a low laugh.

"You did brighten my mood Tou-kun, but perhaps you should not be content, but strive for more."

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2020 9:16 pm 

Indeed, the touch on his leg made Touki's fingers stumble more than once. The song was competently played, anyway, besides the stumbles.

He put it away, his expression thoughtful. "I'm glad, Sara-chan. And I think perhaps you're right. I should strive for more." His grief had been the death of his ambition. Perhaps... perhaps he should examine that.

He turned to Sara, smiling again. "Well, perhaps tonight you'll allow me another chance to demonstrate my flute skills, hmmm?" His fingers brushed her leg again, a little more firmly this time.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2020 9:19 pm 

"I am a patron of the arts, so feel free to flute away Tou-kun." She smiled, though it seemed to morph into a different one...less teasing, more glad. "Have your wounds healed?"

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2020 9:30 pm 

Touki blinked at the sudden shift. Well, when your lover was an actress... He cleared his throat. "They have. In fact, a priest saw to them the same night, leaving me entirely whole. Only a little tired."

He frowned, shaking his head. "It is strange, lying so close to death, and then to be well a matter of minutes later." He shrugged. "I suppose it is better than any alternative. Otherwise, I would surely still be abed from those injuries, if I'd even been able to travel."

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2020 9:34 pm 

"Hai, I am glad to hear." Her fingers started moving upwards, towards the opening of his kimono. "I would gladly visit your bedside, but I have a preference that lies on a different part of your be." She smiled.

"A hero deserves a proper homecoming, neh?" Her voice turned husky, and she leaned in to steal a kiss.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2020 9:56 pm 

Well.

Touki's breath caught as Sara's fingers moved up. "I agree..." He trailed off as their lips met, briefly but passionately.

His eyes were intent as he stood, helping Sara to her feet. And then back to his room, shutting the door behind them.

Later...

The quarters were a bit tight, but Touki seemed to have few possessions. Those that he did have, and indeed, his whole room, were kept almost neurotically tidy. There didn't seem to be a speck of dust, nor a single item out of place, most of them tucked away in a travel chest.

Well, except at the moment, the futon was rather disarrayed, anyway.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2020 10:02 pm 

Sara idly stroked his body. "Mhm....you are quite the tidy person Tou-kun."

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2020 10:26 pm 

Touki's breath was steady, and he murmured pleasantly as Sara stroked him. Apparently Lions could purr...

With an equally pleasant sigh, he put his arm around her shoulders. "Yes." He said. "Perhaps at one point, I would have said disciplined. But..." He frowned. "I have found mundane tasks to be a good distraction for my mind. And I often prefer to have my mind distracted. If I am not on duty, of course."

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2020 8:20 am 

"Oh? I am not sure if I am considered a distraction or mundane." She giggled, though still leaning into him. "A lot weighs on your mind, eh?"

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2020 2:42 pm 

Touki chuckled. his chest rumbling. "I could never call you mundane, Sara-chan." He murmured, squeezing her against him. "Distraction sounds incomplete. After all, as I said, you have all of my attention when we're together."

He sighed softly, his chest rising and falling. "But yes, a great deal. The Empire has been in such turmoil, for years now. This... recent event is just the latest, and most troubling."

He looked at her, smiling gently. "This is nice, though." He said, running a hand down her back. The shared closeness, intimacy, was as enjoyable as their recent shared pleasures.