It is currently Sat Sep 21, 2024 5:15 pm

Post subject: Re: (D7, LM, Dragon Embassy) Roll Call
PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2020 2:13 am 

"Yes, you are right, I think, Agasha-sama." Myo-en nods. "Our clan's armies aren't large, or close, and even now I wonder if they would be welcome in Lion lands. But a small weight can move a large lever, with careful thought."

She taps calloused fingertips on her lap. "Are we still agreed it is best if the Steel Chrysanthemum does not capture Otosan Uchi? Then we can find our ways to contribute. We're not without resources, if Tsukimi-san made the journey."

((edit: missing quote mark was bugging me!))

Last edited by Togashi Myo-en on Sat Apr 18, 2020 8:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2020 3:26 am 

Wasako gave a firm nod at likely a hypothetical question. "Of course, especially knowing that he very likely does not have peace on his mind. As a hungry spirit, he likely won't even be sated when he reaches, if he reaches the capital. There should be no concessions made."

Character Profile • Art by Joanne Kwan

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2020 4:17 am 

Togashi Myo-en wrote:
She taps calloused fingertips on her lap. "Are we still agreed it is best if the Steel Chrysanthemum does not capture Otosan Uchi? Then we can find our ways to contribute. We're not without resources, if Tsukimi-san made the journey.

"If I have to stand at the gates myself to bar his way, he shan't enter the holy city lest it's over my cold dead body."
Iko snarled vehemently.

Carries: Daisho, Yumi (where appropriate)
Description

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2020 5:16 am 

"Let us pray it does not come to that," Poemu cautioned. "For now, we worry about the here and now. Have any other people you three have spoken to shown any sign of plans of other clans?"

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2020 11:30 pm 

"So far?" Myo-en's mouth flattens into a pensive line as she considers. "Some of the Lion feel conflict about fighting their own ancestors and former elders. Is a sinful ancestor still to be revered? If they defend the Empress, they are giving up one part of themselves, and if they abandon her they are giving up a different part. I don't know if this will drive them out of the fight, but it's possible they will not fight as wholeheartedly."

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2020 2:33 am 

"...I suppose if they find an ancestor of theirs among those in the army, they might be conflicted..." she murmured to herself as a note. She had heard that the Lion revere their ancestors but she never thought it became a point of contention here when the fate of the Empire was involved.

"It would think it would be difficult to tell them to disregard reverence if they are as headstrong as their reputation."

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2020 4:27 am 

Mai, yet present, sat and listened to the others as they spoke. A mere artisan she was not one to speak for what and how things should be done, not among those gathered here at least. Though she knew and thought much on life and it's many intricacies so have they, and she could trust her betters to grant themselves or seek council if otherwise required.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2020 6:10 am 

The words spoken gave Poemu much to think on. Ever one to listen to everyone, she looked to Mai. "Mai-san, surely you have some thoughts to share as well? I'm good at speaking and listening, but there are many others more wise than I am."

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2020 8:59 pm 

"I am yet afraid I do not know if I have much insight," she admits, inclining her head slightly. "Though I have spent much time with those who would like make the decisions elsewhere. Such as Asako Kashiwagi-sama, of whom I work a tattoo upon. I yet have connection, in this same form, to Osamu of the Manti, and Matsu Mogami."

"There is much at stake in these times, and we must yet decide how much of our heart we shall allow it to cost us to save lives and in the reverse as well," she said. "This is not a time of easy answers, nor is it ever I would think, but I am not one who is versed in such difficult choices to know how we would make such a choice."

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2020 9:11 pm 

"I imagine this is likely a personal question that each Lion would have to ask themselves. It is likely we'll just have to rely on the Lion that we know and trust when the time comes," she frowned.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2020 12:02 am 

"No one begins as a master of difficult choices, but that does not mean fate excuses us from making them." Myo-en's lips quirk wryly as she focuses her gaze on Mai. "And not everyone who is eager to decide for other people is as clever as they think. Humility is wise, but... it isn't everything."

"Hm." She nods to Wasako. "I suppose that means... we should work at knowing them."

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2020 1:22 pm 

"May," Mai spoke on that note, "if there might be anything honored minna-sama would ask of me in that respect I would make every effort. Though I am but an artisan following the way of the tattoo if there is any way I might yet make myself useful in these troubling times I would offer all that I have."