It is currently Sat Sep 21, 2024 3:28 pm

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 99 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: A Place to Rest (Day 7, Late Eve)
PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2020 6:35 am 

"Yes, and hair can be enough trouble sometimes." He raised a hand and gestured to his sleeve. "Its also why so many of us wear thinner kimonos then others. They are quicker to dry should they get wet that way."

"I'd have to agree with Matsu-sama there, but then I likely see a bit more skin then most." He said casually. "As for tattoos and their popularity though? They are pretty common among my clan. I can't speak as much for others though."

Status: 1.0 | Glory: 2.0 | Infamy: 2.0 | Honor: What is Expected

Carries: Robes, Scroll Satchel, Wakizahi, chopsticks, odd and ends

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2020 10:27 am 

"Yes, well, tattoos would be a waste on many Crab. We usually go about in a lot of armour." An entirely reasonable and true excuse.

The talk of thin kimonos and skin was surely worse than the talk of grim recent events. A Crab could handle grim. A Matsu talking about ogling people to a handsome Mantis who boasted of usually being topless? Far too much for a robust maiden such as herself. Maiya ate some of her tempura while becoming quite fascinated with the spot on the wall her gaze had settled.

I wonder how thick that wall is? Maybe it's made out of wood. Is it harvested from nearby? Her innocent thoughts were quickly calming her racing heart.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2020 12:28 pm 

Seeing the young crab woman staring off into nothing, and assuming that they were likely starting to make the young woman uncomfortable, Osamu shifted in his seat to bring himself into the young womans view.

"Would you prefer a change of subject Kaiu-sama?" He asked casually. "Matsu-sama and I can always discuss tattoos another time."

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2020 1:56 pm 

That snapped her back. "Eto, hai. Did you have a story to share Osamu-sama?"

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2020 11:26 pm 

"Stories?" It seemed they were back to that then. "I suppose I have a few I could share."

"Something from the islands then?"

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2020 11:29 pm 

"Something warm, so I can take my mind of this damned cold!"

Mogami's Equipment: Battle: Light Armor, Yumi, Quiver w Flesh Cutter Arrows, Daisho
Court: Decent quality kimono and courtiers fan

Budoka's Tsuruga and Fuwa's Eqiupment:
Battle: Ashigaru Armor | Han-Kyu, Quiver w Willow Leaf Arrows | Yari
Court: Kimono

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2020 11:37 pm 

Maiya flashed Mogami a sympathetic look. It wasn't that warm, even indoors.

"A summer tale then if you do not mind Osamu-sama? Onegaishimasu." The Crab asked with courtesy not usually associated with her Clan.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2020 11:26 am 

"Something warm?" He paused a moment at that, swirling the sake that remained in his cup. "I suppose it's not much of a story, but I could tell you of an island my father used to take us children too when we were young."

"It was uninhabited and a few days away from our home. From what I understand now no one lived there because fresh water was scarce. It was a beautiful place though, clear waters and wide stretch of beaches. It was green as could be everytime I visited." He smirked. "My siblings and I would spend whole days picking wild fruits and fishing, playing really under the sun. We'd play all day, then eat dinner on the beach, and often as not sleep under the stars. It was good times, back before we had all started school. Though it's been years since I've been to that island, I don't think I'll ever forget it."

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2020 7:12 pm 

"It sounds like something from a pillow book Osamu-sama. Ano, that is to say, it sounds really nice. I can't picture anything like that. The few times I've seen a beach it was when helping move supplies off our ships. It was not that impressive. Certainly, no fishing or sleeping under the stars." She thought about it and sighed wistfully. "That sounds so peaceful."

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2020 8:30 pm 

"The islands can be quite peaceful, Kaiu-sama." Osamu offered with a smile. "Of course they have their own troubles too. The storms for example can be quite devastating."

"You wished to hear of something warm though, and warm and my home goes hand and hand."

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2020 11:19 pm 

She nodded in understanding. "Hai. I can picture that now. Aside from the storms it sounds very warm indeed." She was about to say more when she thought to check on the Lion who had gone unusually quiet.

She gently waved toward Mogami. "Ano, Matsu-sama, how are you doing?"

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2020 11:52 pm 

Mogami breathed in sharp at her name and opened her eyes.

"Ah, sorry. I was just picturing the landscape. I have never been to an island."

Her voice has a hint of sleepiness to it, as if being startled awake from a nap.

Mogami's Equipment: Battle: Light Armor, Yumi, Quiver w Flesh Cutter Arrows, Daisho

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2020 1:07 am 

"Likewise." Maiya responds, her expression softening as she watched Mogami. She's a tired big cat.

"Are you staying in this inn Matsu-sama? Ano, that is, do you have a room here?"

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2020 1:16 am 

"Oh, no. I have a room in the Shiro. When we all deem it time to call it for an evening, my budoka and I will manage to get back. For now though I am really enjoying this atmosphere. It's nice to relax once in a while. Forget all the worries"

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2020 1:22 am 

It was the domain of mainlanders to worry about every little thing. Stay on a boat for long enough and you'd finally realize that did no good. It was a pity more of them didn't try it.

Picking up his cup he took a sip. "If you get the chance I'd suggest you come to Mantis lands someday then. Just don't expect to see much of snow, even in the winter."

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2020 1:29 am 

Mogami lets out a laugh.

"Good. Screw the snow and it's heaven forsaken cold!"

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2020 1:34 am 

Maiya's gentle smile remained as she nodded to Mogami. "As you say Matsu-sama." She was glad the other woman had some helpers to look after her. She had an idea that although the Lioness played hard it was only because she worked equally hard. "It is a good atmosphere, desho?"

She mimicked Osamu as she picked up her own cup for a sip. His words had her laughing lightly immediately afterwards however. She rubs her eyes as Mogami makes her quip about the snow. "You both make it sound so easy Osamu-sama, Matsu-sama. Mou. If my Lord would let me visit all over the Empire I certainly would. I'd visit the Mantis Isles and soak in the warmth. If it were a gift I might even accept on the second offer due to my eagerness. I'd like nothing more than to see every inch of the Empire we protect. To see what we protect. Why we do. To enjoy it. However, that's just a dream to me. Like you under the stars on a beautiful beach." She shook her head with a mixed smile.

"I'm thankful for just little moments like this. It's enough. When this is all over I will have to return home. Perhaps one day I might travel the Empire. Maybe if I reach retirement." She lifts her cup up and holds it there firmly. Despite her words she sounded in good spirits. "To retiring to a peaceful life after fulfilling our Duty. May we be so lucky or may it be quick. Kampai!"

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2020 2:54 am 

"May we be so lucky. Kampai!"

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2020 8:04 am 

"Kampai!" Osamu added his voice to theirs as he drained his cup and sat it on the table. "Thats a good dream, though I admit my particular duties take me to ports all over the empire. So I may have a bit of a head start on the two of you."

"Not that I've seen every bit mind, but I think I've seen more thdn some."

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2020 12:16 pm 

Murmuring her understanding the Crab had a few more sips of drink after giving cheers. She was curious about Osamu's duties. She knew very little about the Mantis in general.

"May I ask what are your duties Osamu-sama?"

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 99 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next