It is currently Sat Sep 21, 2024 11:58 am

Post subject: Re: Day 8 [Late Evening] After The Day Is Done
PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2020 8:07 pm 

"I would bring shame if I were wandering about in an inebriated state, Aya-san." he retorted moving away from her.

"There is quite enough room to move about. No need to be so close."

Honor: Untrustworthy • Glory: 2.0 • Status: 3.5

Theme

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2020 8:13 pm 

"Inebunrelated....Inenbrayrated.....Dechan, what does Immoulated mean again? I used to know...but I forgot. Is that what we were trying to ferget?" Yogo Slosho axed her companion.

Theme Song

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2020 8:16 pm 

"Imm-immolated means set ablaze. I think he's suggesting that he's worried about wandering around with inflamed... desires, Aya-san. Ish a good concern, you do have that effect on people."

Typically carries: Wakizashi, parchment and charcoal, at least one medicine kit, a dark grey blanket, rope and grappling hook

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2020 9:47 pm 

Ryuji fought back the urge to roll his eyes and sigh. His face bore no smile or amusement whatsoever.

"An interesting way of looking at it. The hour is getting late and I must prepare for tomorrow."

Ryuji positioned himself to where he could escape the pool without being physically harassed. He quickly grabbed his towel and went towards his belongings.

"I do hope you both have a safe bath. Try to keep your voices lowered, people are sleeping."

Ryuji bows to them both.

/exit unless stopped

Honor: Untrustworthy • Glory: 2.0 • Status: 3.5

Theme

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2020 10:11 pm 

Degarashi waved, no longer masking the distinct masculine tones of his voice.

"KONBONWA, OTOMO-SAMA! GOOD LUCK QUENCHING YOUR BURNING DESIRES!"

Typically carries: Wakizashi, parchment and charcoal, at least one medicine kit, a dark grey blanket, rope and grappling hook

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2020 10:56 pm 

FUCKIN' TEASE! Aya called after the retreating Otomo, followed by her very best drunken laughter.

"OHOHOHOHOHOHOHO....

HO

HO

ho."

She looked over to Dega-kun after the Imperial was definitely out of earshot.

"Well?" she asked. She wasn't quite sure if that went well or poorly.

Theme Song

Last edited by Yogo Aya on Sun Apr 19, 2020 11:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2020 11:05 pm 

Degarashi shrugged. "Ie, my eyesight isn't what it used to be. Either he wasn't excited or he's running off to make some courtesan very disappointed.'

Letting out a long sigh, Degarashi leaned back against the wall of the bath and stretched, allowing himself to actually enjoy the experience now. "I'm amused enough, so call it a success."

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2020 11:08 pm 

Aya nodded.

"If you say so. You got awfully dressed up for the part. I was hoping he'd try and take you home." she said, and similarly stretched out.

Theme Song

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2020 11:11 pm 

Degarashi waved a hand dismissively. "Someone didn't bother to take Bland-san home with them, alert the Miya." He chuckled a little. "Not every seed bears fruit, that's why farmers plant so many, neh?"

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2020 4:02 am 

Aya leaned back a bit and let the heat and the words wash over her.

"Hmm, you started today talking about fields, and now planting. Does this metaphor keep going?" she asked.

Theme Song

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2020 4:05 am 

He chuckled, allowing the sake in his veins to aid in his mirth. "My my, Aya-san, what a thing to ask. Are you perhaps expecting some vapid comment concerning fertility and our duty to till the fields?" Degarashi snorted loudly. "That seems more like something Chen-chan would say."

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2020 4:08 am 

Aya shrugged a bit.

"Honestly, Dega-kun," she said, but without the scorn that was added to Norikun, "I don't know what to expect. Out of you or anything. Could've died yesterday, could've died a couple days back. I may be done thinking I know what's coming."

Theme Song

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2020 4:15 am 

Degarashi nodded, taking the frank statement in stride. "I had a brother yesterday, and today I don't. My last encounter with him ended with my leaving as he stole focus from me in one of a few conversations I've managed to hold without his influence shadowing it constantly."

He sank into the waters. "He died thinking I hated him in some manner, or at least in a state of confusion about it. I can't think too much on where I stand with things as they are now. It weighs too much on my mind."

Sympathetic eyes turned to Aya then. "I can scarcely fathom what it's been like for you, or how you can laugh so beautifully after it all."

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2020 4:33 am 

Aya was quiet for a bit at that. There was something....unexpectedly sincere when Dega-kun said she had a beautiful laugh. Unnamed Guard-kun had called her pumpking and offered wrestling...but this was entirely different.

A Doji would have said something very romantic and poetic at this point, but he was stuck with a Yogo.

"Wounds scab over. Broken bones mend. Never back to the way it was. Scars, limps, or even more drastic things like ol' one-eye."

She looked at Dega conisideringly.

"Although, the touch of a skilled healer definitely helps."

Theme Song

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2020 4:45 am 

Degarashi blushed, at the acknowledgment of his skills, and the suggestion that he was having a lasting, beneficial influence on Aya's life. He found himself drifting closer to Aya, metaphorically and literally, pausing just outside an arm's reach.

"This one has been uncertain for a very long time how well received his touch might be. It's not wholly inexperienced, but..." Degarashi was uncommonly at a loss for words, and struggling more than usual to string them together. "I've never performed in a role where I was especially close to another actor. I'm experiencing...a touch of stage fright, thinking I might speak a line which leaves me with no audience, and no partner..."

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2020 5:13 am 

Bayushi Degarashi wrote:
Degarashi blushed, at the acknowledgment of his skills, and the suggestion that he was having a lasting, beneficial influence on Aya's life. He found himself drifting closer to Aya, metaphorically and literally, pausing just outside an arm's reach.

"This one has been uncertain for a very long time how well received his touch might be. It's not wholly inexperienced, but..." Degarashi was uncommonly at a loss for words, and struggling more than usual to string them together. "I've never performed in a role where I was especially close to another actor. I'm experiencing...a touch of stage fright, thinking I might speak a line which leaves me with no audience, and no partner..."

Aya had a solution for that.

It was a kiss, cutting off the further need for lines.

Theme Song

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2020 5:36 am 

Degarashi had seen blades thrown slower than Aya's kiss, and watched them strike much further from their target's heart. The sudden change from uncertain words to definitive action jarred him out of his thoughts, and burned away all traces of the drink in his veins.

When his arms reached up to embrace Aya, it was with a quiet confidence. Somehow he knew every wound, every scar, every facet there was to explore.

And he found the beauty in all of it.

/ Fade to black