It is currently Sat Sep 21, 2024 2:04 pm

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 145 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
 Post subject: Re: EVENT: Repentance (D8, Early Afternoon)
PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2020 4:55 am 

Ikoma Homura wrote:
She stretched, looking around, before noting the mirror had arrived. She stamped on it, doubting that would actually do anything, but it made her feel better.

The mirror shatters under Homura's heel, breaking about into multiple shards as the world seems to warble around her for a moment.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2020 8:23 am 

Chiyo accepted the hand gratefully.

"Eto - we did not do proper introductions before. Chiyo. Seppun Chiyo, though a Kitsu formerly...and for my part I am grateful to find myself with you here, Ikoma-san. Though I wish neither of us were.

"You fought admirably - Ikoma himself would be proud," she added.

Taking stock of the situation, she sighed.

"I try to stay optimistic, Ikoma-san. I have faced...well, I have faced very bad odds before. And honor and heroism prevailed. Though I confess, things do look bleak.

"But all hope is not lost. There are other places where the realms may cross - smaller portals we might find. The longer we linger here, the worse our odds become. This place will slowly suffuse us with its essence. The more we fight, the faster it will do so. Dying here would be...ill-advised.

"As I said - we are not without hope. But we must be cautious."

She looked down at the ground and took in the shattered remnants. They might have used it to get home. And wasted all the efforts they had just expended? No. If there were another way, they would find it. And if not...and if not they had done their service.

Looking back up at Homura, she forced a smile.

"I have people expecting me at home - for them I must at least try."

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2020 9:30 am 

"I make Ikoma pretty proud in all my actions" Homura smirks, falling back on her ususl style to mask her fear, gazing up at the lone fighting Lion.

"Hopefully we don't end up like that. Looks like she's been fightin' a while! Or he, can't tell from here."

Homura took a deep breath. Regretting it immediately as the air was vile.

"So, we have to walk through a nasty realm not dying until we find a portal out or until hunger or spirits claim us? Not been a big fan of the odds but I'd say it was bleak indeed."

Homura took a few steps forward.

"One thing is certain though."

She turned back to Chiyo with a wink.

"It's going to be a pretty damn interesting adventure, ne? Now, we either try to fight through the hordes to talk to that Lion up there, or we start looking for a portal. What do you think? Personally I'm all for finding us a way home if one even exists, but we need your lovely eyes to find it I think. I'm the pretty blade, you're the magical expert."

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2020 4:36 pm 

Chiyo laughed.

"Expert - yes. Let's hope that isn't put to the test," she smiled wanly.

Looking back to the Lion, she considered.

"We should exercise caution, but any allies we find here could be better than none. With almost certain odds against us...caution, but as I said, I'm an optimist," she replied.

She looked back to the Lion and tried to discern if they were in the grips of slaughter.

(Wondering if we can see if the Lion is as frenzied as the others)

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2020 12:37 am 

As the two women look up toward the mountain of corpses, the scene...

.../fades to black.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 145 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8