It is currently Sat Sep 21, 2024 5:37 pm

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 105 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject: Re: Something Stronger [Day 8, Early Evening, Open]
PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2020 3:22 am 

"Getting there, certainly, Yogo-sama." Degarashi managed to suppress a snicker, then took several deep breaths to clear his heads. "Ano, I guess you can assume, but would appreciate the formation." Then he gently poked Aya in the ribs. "Only one returned..."

Typically carries: Wakizashi, parchment and charcoal, at least one medicine kit, a dark grey blanket, rope and grappling hook

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2020 3:32 am 

"Hooray, I returned." she said with all the enthusiasm of dead sparrow.

She takes a drink.

"Yay me."

And another drink.

She leaned on Dega-san.

"I'm glad you drink with me Dega-san. Norikami never did. Horribly horribly allergic. I mean, it kinda worked out. People would serve us drinks, and I would drink both of them, and he got to not die."

She sighed.

"But that was not love, I was so careful not to love him. So rude and mean to him. Selfish. Now he's dead like all the rest. The Bride of Emma-O adds one more guest to her wedding party." she rambled a tiny bit.

Theme Song

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2020 3:35 am 

The redhead considered the information, nodded slowly. "I see." Then she filled her cup and knocked it back in a single swallow. "... The last couple of days, honestly..."

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2020 3:40 am 

"The last week."

Chihaya poured another cup for Sukima.

"We are living in very interesting times."

Profile :: Theme

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2020 3:55 am 

Degarashi was vaguely aware of Sukima and Chihaya as they spoke, but his true focus was Aya, and the crushing sensation he felt listening to her speak. Bride of Emma-O, a moniker coined for one who attracted death to her doorstep with the regularity of a dutiful spouse returning home from the ravages of the day.

He felt how the words weighed her down, and could find none of his own to lift them away, so instead he reached out, quietly, secretly, and took hold of her hand where few others would be able to see.

Typically carries: Wakizashi, parchment and charcoal, at least one medicine kit, a dark grey blanket, rope and grappling hook

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2020 4:05 am 

She looked to Aya, sympathy in her for the misfortune. There wasn't much for her to say though. While she shared the experience of recent loss, it clearly wasn't as common to her as it was to Aya. ".. That's rough."

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2020 4:21 am 

Aya squeezed Dega's' hand back while the other Yogo did her level best to reign the party in through her words and deeds.

"Rough is a very.....simple way to put it Sukiyaki-san." she said, the drink perhaps fuzzy the Yogo woman's name a bit.

"But c'mon...you're missing some fingers, the governor here is missing an eye, I'm missing a whole family, and Dega-san is missing...."

The easy thing to say here was, 'his brother.'

"....the adoration of his many fans. We all have a deep connection to the many, many flavors of loss. Surely you could share a bit more with the table....and catch up with me and Dega-san. It's not fun being sober around the drunk." she adds, making sure everyone has drinks.

Theme Song

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2020 4:48 am 

In a corner away a bit from the others sat another scorpion, it seemed that fate opted to put them all in the same room often.

This evening the cheerful scorpion sat at a table and plucked away at his samisen. He was quick with his bachi as his hands moved over the strings. It was not a complicated song but it was performed well

D8 EE some samisen music: 5d10o10k4 37

When appropriate: Light Armor, Yumi

Profile Mask

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2020 4:53 am 

Chihaya obligingly poured an additional drink for all parties, even if hers was not yet empty, she topped it up.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2020 5:05 am 

"It is a simple way to put it. I wasn't sure what to say without coming off like a jerk."

She takes another deep drink of the sake. She could do her best to catch up.

"This was... a bizarre situation that had to do with a miai. I didn't consider it much of a loss, honestly." She looked at her hand thoughtfully, as if it belonged to someone else. "It hasn't gotten in my way much, and people being a little unsettled is kind of an advantage."

"... The big loss has been my older brother. He was murdered right there in front of me. I had to be distant for a long time, and that was finally starting to end, and now..." She said, voice becoming quiet. "I wasn't fast enough to save him. I don't know if I could have, though, even if I was." Her breathing was deliberately even, eyes turned down.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2020 5:35 am 

She eyed the woman.

Her brother?

Hmmmm....

Maybe he was someone important?

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2020 5:54 am 

Degarashi shook his head slowly, reaching out a hand to squeeze Sukima's shoulder, totally ignorant of proper etiquette.

"I'm not sure anyone would have been fast enough to stop the Steel Chrysanthemum from taking your brother, Yogo-sama. You're too hard on yourself."

He withdrew his hand, then seemed to remember he was drunk and slumped pleasantly against Aya some more.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2020 6:07 am 

Aya blinked.

"Pssst. Dega-san...hey Dega-san...who was her brother?" she said in a whisper easily audible to the entire table.

See, this was what happened when you skipped meetings or indeed asking about other people's backstories. You had to bother someone who knew.

Theme Song

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2020 7:43 am 

Sukima smiled at him at the squeeze of her shoulder, eyes a little bit shiny. "Thank you, Bayushi-san... My mind knows, but it's difficult to convince the heart, you know? Especially when it's caused so much suffering... and I have to worry whether he will eventually come after the rest of the line. I have to wonder if my children are in danger."

She blinked owlishly. "Older brother was... um. The XXII." The alcohol was finally starting to hit her, making her feel a little fuzzy.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2020 7:59 am 

Degarashi snapped his fingers at Aya as Sukima spoke. "That guy, yeah, that guy...Hantei and all that. Apparently pretty redheads run in the imperial line."

He tilted his head heavily to one side and pointed at Aya. "You... would look weird with red hair. Never change."

This continued with Chihaya. "You either. No red hair. And don't go growing a new eye, it'd look weird on you..."

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2020 8:02 am 

With the formal mask she usually wore slowly slipping away, she seemed young as she lifted a lock of hair and wiggled it back and forth. "I mean... I look weird with red hair. Red hair is weird."

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2020 8:10 am 

"Well sure, but it's a good weird, you know?" Degarashi, master of flattery, gestured to Chihaya again. "She's only got one eye. That's weird, but it's also alluring. Something mysterious and attractive about it. *hic* Ano...ifnI may say so, Suzume-shoi..."

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2020 8:36 am 

Chen finished up his song and picked up his sake cup walking over to the group only stumbling slight.

"Hello minna-sama!" He declared only slight too loud "do you mind if I join you this evening?"

Profile Mask

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2020 3:54 pm 

Bayushi Chen wrote:
Chen finished up his song and picked up his sake cup walking over to the group only stumbling slight.

"Hello minna-sama!" He declared only slight too loud "do you mind if I join you this evening?"

Aya blinked at the new arrival.

"Did you lose something too music-man? Was it the beat? Ah to jigoku with it, everyone has, who am I kidding? Sure, shure sit and sake. Drink sake." she offered. She didn't care if it was the Suzume's table, she was a minor clan and severly outnumbered anywayas.

Theme Song

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2020 4:21 pm 

"Yogo-San, it is as you say. We've all lost something. Though I pray to the kami I never loose the beat!" He starts somber but finishes strong. Setting down a bottle of sake on the table.

He peered around for a moment "let's see some faces are familiar," he says looking at Degarashi "some new" he looks between Aya and Chihaya "and some unforgettable" he finishes looking straight at Sukima.

Chen takes a long drink of sake "but may the fortunes smile on new friends and new experiences."

Profile Mask

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 105 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next