It is currently Sat Sep 21, 2024 2:14 pm

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 183 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10  Next
 Post subject: Re: Cold and Miserable [D1, Early Morning]
PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2020 6:14 pm 

Matsu Tani wrote:
"Thankfully they didn't have to. I do not know that any of us would have lasted if the nearest Lion city was not this one. A force ill prepared and under-equipped to march, but we did well enough under the circumstances." She spoke in return to Homura, not bothering to whisper.

There was a nod and a small smile at that. "I think I'd be ok." She was about to continue when an Isawa appeared! Then a Crane carrying an Ikoma?

Doji Koushi wrote:
Shivering in the cold air and supporting a Lion courtier half-wrapped in bandages, Doji Koushi shuffles toward the forefront of the group and bows, helping the exhausted courtier to do the same.

"My apologies, Isawa-sama, Matsu-sama. Ikoma-sama is in need of a place to warm himself."

Here, he glances significantly at the bandages, already in need of a change. For his part, the Ikoma looked ready to lapse into unconsciousness.

She bowed quickly, then moved to help the man, Homura said "thank you Doji-sama. I know this one, he's made of sterner stuff, but it's best to get him into the warm. Let's get him past the gate, there should be somewhere nearby that's warmer."

She bowed to Tani and Mogami, adding "I'll get this one in then come back to help."

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2020 6:15 pm 

Asako Kashiwagi wrote:
He nodded and said, “Honored Cousin, there are many that need succor, thankfully most should be well enough.”

He singled out some of the elderly and those with illness that could use immediate attention. He added, “At least we can get thee people shelter.”

"Most certainly. If you'll all please follow me. We can help carry any that need assistance." Her porters and assistants started scurrying about with Lion efficiency.

She paused for a moment and took a half a step closer to Kashiwagi, "Is it true cousin...?"

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2020 6:17 pm 

"Thank you, Ikoma-san, Doji-san," Tani bowed to Homura as she departed, as well as to Koushi. Her attention remained focused on the Isawa for now.

Glorious Death in battle is never untimely.

Equipment: Daisho, Kimono (functional or exceptional, depending on situation), Finger of Jade (hanging on a necklace around her neck), heavy armor (when appropriate), Fan, Bisento (when appropriate)

Description

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2020 6:20 pm 

Shosuro Sara wrote:
"Ah, greetings Moto-san." She replied with lips red not from make up but from the cold "Shosuro Sara, of the esteemed Taishoku Hikari troupe. I..." she eyed the beast. "I would gladly accept. Walking in the snow is not my forte."

"Pleased to meet you," Baatar recited, as if this response had been carefully coached. He extended a hand to the Scorpion, as if to help her climb onto the horse. "I'm glad to help if I can; it must have been a cold walk!"

Bayushi Sukekage wrote:
Seeing another Scorpion in the line, Sukekage steps forward, grabbing something - anything - nearby that could be offered for warmth.

Baatar spared the Bayushi a glance and a nod, before turning back to Shosuro Sara.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2020 6:20 pm 

Ikoma Homura wrote:

There was a nod and a small smile at that. "I think I'd be ok." She was about to continue when an Isawa appeared! Then a Crane carrying an Ikoma?

The Crane inclined his head and, wordlessly bowing a second time to the leader of their ragtag group and the Isawa, turned to follow Homura.

"Many thanks, Ikoma-san. He is among the more resilient of the injured I have seen today, but a warm fire...among other things...can bolster the toughest soul."

Carries: Daisho, Fan, Medical Bag.
Wears: Sturdy, functional clothing, Snowshoes (outdoors), light armor (where appropriate
)

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2020 6:22 pm 

Not the least bit bothered by the snow, albeit looking a bit tired and bloodied, a mantis shugenja trudges along with the refugees. How did it come to this? Despite her efforts to maintain her On frustration sneaks through in the form of lowered brows and a thin set line of a mouth.

Two dogs bounce through the snow around her with tireless energy, seemingly unaware of the current predicament. The black male bumps his mistress with his shoulder, nearly knocking her over. "Jiro...," she admonished weakly.

Carries: wakizashi, abacus, coin purse and satchel

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2020 6:22 pm 

Matsu Tani wrote:
"Several, Isawa-sama," Tani bowed to the Isawa in her response. "An attack on the Winter Court. The Emperor has been slain." She took a breath before she continued. "We can provide more details inside."

Her features lost color when she heard of the Emperor's fate. She recovered quickly, however, trying to focus on those in front of her.

Kasuga Asakuro wrote:
"It is as Matsu-san describes, Isawa-san," the Tortoise offered with a respectful bow. "There are some injured in attack, whereas some others are succumbing to frostbite and other ailments from the cold. There are still quite a number of coming around the bend in the road, but how many and in what conditions they are all in I could not say."

Doji Koushi wrote:
Shivering in the cold air and supporting a Lion courtier half-wrapped in bandages, Doji Koushi shuffles toward the forefront of the group and bows, helping the exhausted courtier to do the same.

"My apologies, Isawa-sama, Matsu-sama. Ikoma-sama is in need of a place to warm himself."

Here, he glances significantly at the bandages, already in need of a change. For his part, the Ikoma looked ready to lapse into unconsciousness.

"The nearby buildings will have to do, then. Temporary shelter, while we sort things out. Any wounded, any frostbitten, should come this way. Yourselves included."

Phoenix Clan ° Shugenja ° Diminished Water Tensai ° Togashi Trained ° Tattooed ° Healer ° Light Sleeper ° Dream Hunter ° Lunatic ° Married ° Mother ° Bee Queen ° Sake Overseer ° Rainmaker ° Experienced
Status 1.0 | Glory 3.0 | Honor: What's Expected

Carries/wears: Scroll satchel, tanto, wakizashi, jade, cricket

Last edited by Isawa Miwako on Mon Apr 06, 2020 6:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2020 6:23 pm 

Moto Baatar wrote:
Baatar spared the Bayushi a glance and a nod, before turning back to Shosuro Sara.

"Ah, Moto-san," Sukekage says with a bow as he notices the Unicorn arrive with his offer. "Yes, perhaps it might be best to have her ride with you - faster, at any rate. The sooner she can be quartered and in more comfortable environs, the better."

"It is not in my nature to be a villain, and one must remain true to one's nature."

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2020 6:24 pm 

"My wounds are superficial. Triage those who are worse," Tani shook her head. "I will find the gate guards, report and relieve as necessary."

Equipment: Daisho, Kimono (functional or exceptional, depending on situation), Finger of Jade (hanging on a necklace around her neck), heavy armor (when appropriate), Fan, Bisento (when appropriate)

Description

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2020 6:25 pm 

Kashiwagi just nodded gravely in reply, there was no reason to put words to it publicly.

He had seen the deed done.

Status: 4.0 | Glory: 10.0 | Infamy: .4 | Honor: Untrustworthy
Carried: Wakizashi, Black Fancy Clothing, Chop, Writ of the Asako Inquisitors, Maho Warding Amulet, Jade Amulet, Trash Queen (Tabby Cat)

TN 0 to be Recognized.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2020 6:26 pm 

"Ah, Bayushi-san." She gave a bow to the man behind the mask. "Shosuro Sara, actress of Taishoku Hikari troupe." She held her teeth from chattering just. "Moto-san." The name felt strange and clunky on her tongue. "Has offered to take me back with his...horse." Presumeby it's a horse? "You are from the city? Can you tell me what have you heard so far?" She was waiting eagerly to get on that monstrosity and ride into the city, but she needed to know. "I'll ride back in a minute, but I must know what is the situation here."

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2020 6:28 pm 

Shosuro Sara wrote:
"Ah, Bayushi-san." She gave a bow to the man behind the mask. "Shosuro Sara, actress of Taishoku Hikari troupe." She held her teeth from chattering just. "Moto-san." The name felt strange and clunky on her tongue. "Has offered to take me back with his...horse." Presumeby it's a horse? "You are from the city? Can you tell me what have you heard so far?" She was waiting eagerly to get on that monstrosity and ride into the city, but she needed to know. "I'll ride back in a minute, but I must know what is the situation here."

"We are...safe here, for the moment," Sukekage replies. "The forces of the Lion will hold the...the enemy at bay for some time, of that I'm certain."

"It is not in my nature to be a villain, and one must remain true to one's nature."

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2020 6:28 pm 

Doji Koushi wrote:
The Crane inclined his head and, wordlessly bowing a second time to the leader of their ragtag group and the Isawa, turned to follow Homura.

"Many thanks, Ikoma-san. He is among the more resilient of the injured I have seen today, but a warm fire...among other things...can bolster the toughest soul."

"This one would tell you the time he wrestled a bear to the ground, so he'll be fine."

The man looked at Homura, about to speak, before the shook her head.

"That building there" she motioned to the closest one to the gate, a few startled peasants moving away "didn't catch your name, I'm Ikoma Homura. This Ikoma if you didn't know was Ikoma Taka."

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2020 6:29 pm 

Matsu Tani wrote:
"My wounds are superficial. Triage those who are worse," Tani shook her head. "I will find the gate guards, report and relieve as necessary."

She nodded. "As you wish, Matsu-sama. Direct any wounded there, to shrine to Koshin. It isn't large, but it should serve for now. The Fortune of Roads brought you this far."

Phoenix Clan ° Shugenja ° Diminished Water Tensai ° Togashi Trained ° Tattooed ° Healer ° Light Sleeper ° Dream Hunter ° Lunatic ° Married ° Mother ° Bee Queen ° Sake Overseer ° Rainmaker ° Experienced
Status 1.0 | Glory 3.0 | Honor: What's Expected

Carries/wears: Scroll satchel, tanto, wakizashi, jade, cricket

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2020 6:30 pm 

"Arigatou Bayushi-san. Would you come for tea later, so we can talk? After I am settled." And warm.

She extended her hand to the Unicorn, pulling herself up towards him, awkwardly finding a space behind him, her hands reaching around him for stability.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2020 6:30 pm 

Asako Kashiwagi wrote:
Kashiwagi just nodded gravely in reply, there was no reason to put words to it publicly.

He had seen the deed done.

She paused for as her head tilted down and seemed to fix on a point ten feet away... despite Kashiwagi's chest being in the way of her actually seeing that far.

She looked back up, "The prin... Seppun Horonigai... did she...?"

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2020 6:32 pm 

Kasuga Seitouna wrote:
Seeing the stream of refugees come in, he sees about steering one of the servant-types aside to talk for a moment.

"Come on, then," he says, "tell me, what did you see? What happened? And we'll see if we can't get you some food and fire, eh?"

His voice is reasonably warm, reasonably comforting, but what result it will have (https://orokos.com/roll/796635) is unclear.

The heimin are shivering and clinging very carefully to a blue-and-white kimono that seems to have lost its owner.

"The Emperor has been slain, samurai-sama! Lion samurai cutting down everyone we could see left and right... it was terrible!"

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2020 6:33 pm 

Isawa Miwako wrote:
She nodded. "As you wish, Matsu-sama. Direct any wounded there, to shrine to Koshin. It isn't large, but it should serve for now. The Fortune of Roads brought you this far."

"Will do," she bowed to the Isawa, then moved to inquire for the nearest guard captain.

Description

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2020 6:34 pm 

Akodo Ren wrote:
She paused for as her head tilted down and seemed to fix on a point ten feet away... despite Kashiwagi's chest being in the way of her actually seeing that far.

She looked back up, "The prin... Seppun Horonigai... did she...?"

"I cannot speak for her, but she was there as well and I am sure it weighs on her," he said quietly.

Status: 4.0 | Glory: 10.0 | Infamy: .4 | Honor: Untrustworthy
Carried: Wakizashi, Black Fancy Clothing, Chop, Writ of the Asako Inquisitors, Maho Warding Amulet, Jade Amulet, Trash Queen (Tabby Cat)

TN 0 to be Recognized.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2020 6:35 pm 

She paused, "But she is alive?"

Oh my dear...

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 183 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10  Next