It is currently Sat Sep 21, 2024 3:37 pm

Post subject: Re: [D7 - EN] The Mantis, The Cat and the Serpent? (Closed,
PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2020 4:42 am 

Lucidicide wrote:
"How much would could a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood?"

There is a laugh from "real" Nagiko that seems to echo off the surroundings (even though the surroundings are basically an ocean), and, disturbingly, the echo seems to happen at the same time as the original laugh.

Nagiko laughs alongside the real Nagiko and the echo of Nagiko. She didn't know the answer, or rather she didn't think that there was a worthy answer at all to that tongue-twister.

Lucidicide wrote:
"Nagiko wishes to steal Nagiko? That is easy, yes, yes. Walk into the painting."The Nagiko on the painting beckons you in.

'' But if Nagiko wishes to steal Nagiko wouldn't Nagiko avoid being stolen by Nagiko? Otherwise Nagiko which is not Nagiko will become Nagiko and Nagiko that is Nagiko will cease to be Nagiko becoming Nagiko or would Nagiko that is Nagiko become Nagiko that is not Nagiko who wishes to steal Nagiko?'' She replied again, once again engaging into conversation with the spirit this time trying to figure out the trick by manipulating the manipulator.

[OOC-Rolls]

Courtier (Manipulation)/Awareness, 7k5, +0k1 Benten's, 7k6, 2 CR for effect - 37

Result: 27 [37 - 10 (2x CR)]

Carries: Daisho, Extravagant Clothes, Light-Armor (when appropiate), Fan, Mantis' silk and spices
Profile|Theme 2!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2020 4:51 am 

"Nagiko which is not Nagiko?"

The Nagiko in front of you cocks her head to the side. She stops speaking, but you still hear her... your... voice.

How can Nagiko not be Nagiko? Nagiko cannot steal Nagiko if Nagiko was Nagiko. Nagiko borrows Nagiko to Nagiko.

The painting Nagiko beckons again.

--------------------------------------Assistant GM--------------------------------------

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2020 5:11 am 

Nagiko observes the painting and then the 'real' Nagiko. She closes her eyes for a moment to think.

Then she opens her eyes and smiled.

'' Because Nagiko is not Nagiko. Nagiko that is not Nagiko can steal Nagiko if Nagiko is not Nagiko. Nagiko could lend Nagiko to Nagiko only if Nagiko proves that Nagiko that is Nagiko is not Nagiko'' The hybrid bakeneko Nagiko raised her hand and invites the 'real' Nagiko to walk into the painting instead. Using confusing words and her connection to Sakkaku to trick the trickster instead and confuse it.

[OOC - Rolls]

Sincerity (Deceit)/Awareness, 6k5, +0k1 Benten's, +1k1 Touch of Spirit Realms: Sakkaku, +1k1 Void; 8k8, 3 CR for effect on tricking and lying. 63 [1 VP, 3 CR]
Void Points left 0/3
-0.1 honor

Results: 48 [63 - 15 (3x CR)]

Carries: Daisho, Extravagant Clothes, Light-Armor (when appropiate), Fan, Mantis' silk and spices
Profile|Theme 2!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2020 7:31 pm 

Naked Nagiko nods and looks at the painting Nagiko, who shrugs. Naked Nagiko walks toward the painting... and seems to get sucked into it.

There are now two Nagikos standing on the painting's beach, and they go running into the water of the painting and disappear.

--------------------------------------Assistant GM--------------------------------------

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2020 8:38 pm 

Hybrid Nagiko approaches now to the painting, though not close enough for getting suck into it.

She wonders what was all this all about. She faced somewhat her own reflection, but not quite. She doesn't know how to paint for example. Formally.

She observes the painting and waits to see if anything else happens.

Profile|Theme 2!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2020 9:41 pm 

On top of the hill, in a tree, you hear a voice: "Why are you here?"

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2020 10:03 pm 

'' I'm looking for wisdom and answers, Wise Spirit of Sakkaku'' She said in reply though apparently Nagiko couldn't see who was she talking to. She stays in the same place out of respect for the Spirit or creature that was talking to her.

Profile|Theme 2!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2020 11:24 pm 

Nagiko could potentially see, if she moved closer to the tree...

"Spirits of this land may be wise, but you'd need wisdom yourself to know if they are wise... and I'm afraid your wisdom may have just walked into the ocean."

A giggle.

"But I can help you. Wisdom is not visiting places you don't belong. And the answer you seek is... 42."

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2020 11:34 pm 

Nagiko slowly approaches towards the tree, always keeping a respectful pace.

Indeed, wisdom was not her forte. Or rather intellect was not her main strength. She tries to make sense of the words that the spirit is sharing with her. Making sense out of Sakkaku is a very difficult process and probably she was not the best choice for that...

But she was there, and she was determined.

'' Where i don't belong? '' Nagiko asked. More to herself than to the spirit. '' Yet i have born and lived in Ningen-Do but i don't feel that i belong there either...'' She said.

'' I wish to understand what is my origin, what is my purpose if i have a purpose at all.'' She said. '' I'm ignorant '' She shrugs. '' There are many things happening all around the Spiritual Realms.''

[OOC-Rolls]

Lore:Spiritual Realms/Intelligence; 3k2 - 14

Profile|Theme 2!

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2020 12:21 am 

There is a monkey up in the tree, speaking to you.

"Your origin? Your purpose?" It cackles. "What silly human questions. Your mother is your origin, and your purpose seems to be asking pointless questions."

The monkey swings to another branch.

"I'd be asking pointed questions. Like 'where is my grandmother' and 'who is that pressing a knife to my throat in Ningen-do?'"

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2020 12:32 am 

Indeed, Nagiko was too much tied to her human origin and ways to fully grab how act in Sakkaku. Intellect here will not serve her. She tries to 'feel' rather than to 'think'.

'' Then i wish to learn your ways, Monkey-spirit'' She bowed to him, though in a different way, more akin to how spirits though between each other than as to humans do it.

She also nods to the fact of her pointless questions and decided to expand her mind. '' What is happening with the Spiritual Realms and the elemental balance?'' She asked much more directly, remembering her previous conversations with many people during these days.

[OOC-Rolls]

Etiquette (Courtesy i guess?)/Awareness 6k5, +0k1 Benten's - 30

Profile|Theme 2!

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2020 1:26 am 

"My ways? There's a lot of tree climbing..." The monkey looks at you closely. "You're pretty for a hairless ape, but I'm not sure you have the build for it..."

He covers his mouth and giggles.

"I heard a story of a woman who went somewhere she didn't belong and asked a spirit for things she shouldn't have and got what she wanted and more than she bargained for. Perhaps you've heard this story as well?"

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2020 1:48 am 

'' You are indeed a perceptive one, Wise Monkey Spirit. My body is build for many things, climbing trees is not one of them...'' She replied to the Monkey's first comment. '' But i doubt that a furry Monkey spirit of Sakkaku only climb trees and nothing more. That would be a boring existence '' She shrugs.

'' Seems like a fascinating story, indeed.'' Nagiko replied to the monkey. Not sure what else to say. She of course understood the reference.

'' The woman must be pretty stupid or bold...or maybe just pretty stupidly bold.'' Nagiko adds.

Profile|Theme 2!

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2020 5:05 am 

"And yet, she reached a dragon. What have you reached, other than me?"

It giggles again.

"But, you've said some interesting things, Nagiko, and I like the flattery. Tell me, who would you have me trrrrrrrrrrick? Asahime, perhaps?"

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2020 6:05 am 

'' Apart from a wise monkey? '' Nagiko thinks. '' A tree...'' She points to the tree where the monkey is.

Nagiko was somewhat surprised that this monkey knew her relationship with Asahime, though she also thought that Asahime probably was not the only spirit watching her since she was born. She had a deep connection to this realm after all.

'' Hime-chan has enough with me. She is both my cat and my mouse, so no. Not Hime-chan.'' Nagiko replied.

then she wonders.

'' How about Hantei XVI? Would you trick him?'' She asked to the monkey. '' From what i have heard he does not have much sense of humor...or at least his soldiers.''

Profile|Theme 2!

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2020 9:31 pm 

"I could try, I could try. But I won't. There's no joy in tricking a spirit of death. There is death or nothing."

The monkey swings down and lands in front of Nagiko.

"Young frail hairless one, you take life too seriously. Even if you die, you will be reborn, no? What is the point of the big questions you ask and spending your time worrying about ghostly blades?"

The money jumps up and slaps Nagiko's face, but its paw was covered with something brown and moist. Hopefully just mud.

"Don't give in to the bullshit." It giggles.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2020 9:47 pm 

Nagiko didn't give in to the bullshit. She doesn't flinch from the slap, nor she cared about the brown stuff that now is on her cheek. She is a spiritual projection after all.

''Well, i guess then there's no much for me to be doing here.'' She said, not angry nor insulted. She just didn't know what else this monkey could offer her. She had tried all types of approaches, from diplomacy, to deceit, to manipulation.

'' I thought that Sakkaku would be more interested in Ningen-do now that Spirits of Death are encroaching on it. If death conquers Ningen-Do then Sakkaku would not have any more 'interesting' souls to trick.''

'' But it seems i was wrong. Perhaps Hantei XVI is the future. It was a privilege speaking to you, wise Monkey-spirit...'' She bowed to him.

Nagiko sat down in seiza and closed her eyes right next to the monkey and under the tree trying to figure out what to do now.

Profile|Theme 2!

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2020 9:56 pm 

The monkey looks at her closely as she closes her eyes.

"Sakkaku is not your Empire, young child. We have no emperor or clans. We are and we do. I could go attack this empire to try to stop the wheels from spinning, but I am but one. I have no gunso to lead me!"

You can hear it climbing back up the tree.

"This is not the realm of wisdom or action or war or balance. This is the realm of mischief, child. If you come here, it should be for tricks. You come here for something other than the joy of it.

"But, I liked your speeches and your many attempts, so I have told it to you as it is, rather than playing tricks on you. Count yourself lucky. Your ancestors would not have been so kind."

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2020 10:12 pm 

'' Then perhaps you could guide me to whom i should talk in order to see what to do with Sakkaku, wise Monkey-spirit?'' Those last words gave Nagiko a final idea.

'' If you trick me or not, Monkey-spirit i would not mind, i have enjoyed this conversation with you indeed. But If i manage to trick the ruler of this realm into action, if there is one, wouldn't be that the greatest trick done on Sakkaku?'' She said.

'' I don't think my Sakkaku ancestors would be angry with me if i manage to do the greatest trick of all times, neh?'' This was her last approach to this conundrum.

Profile|Theme 2!

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2020 11:03 pm 

The saru blinks down at Nagiko vacantly a few times, and then smiles.

"Yes. If you could trick the ruler of Sakkaku into action that would be a great trick indeed!" The monkey claps excitedly. "Yes. Yes! YES!"

It swings down and does a cartwheel. "What do you need from me, child?"