It is currently Sat Sep 21, 2024 5:03 pm

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 125 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 Post subject: Re: D8 LM - A Confrontation
PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2020 1:12 pm 

"erm. Speaking of, will we be facing any angry grandfathers, as well?"

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2020 1:17 pm 

“Not that I know, but one could never be certain. Only Emma-O knows where our ancestors are sent. Many could reside in Toshigoku and now walk the land. We will find out soon though I imagine. “

Mogami's Equipment: Battle: Light Armor, Yumi, Quiver w Flesh Cutter Arrows, Daisho
Court: Decent quality kimono and courtiers fan

Budoka's Tsuruga and Fuwa's Eqiupment:
Battle: Ashigaru Armor | Han-Kyu, Quiver w Willow Leaf Arrows | Yari
Court: Kimono

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2020 2:15 pm 

Having come to the dojo to train, Tsukimi is halted in the entryway by the sight of bloodshed.

"Fortunes, what happened here? Matsu-sama? Isawa-sama?"

“At times, the voice of peace must ring like Thunder.”

Has: Sacred Daisho, Light Armor (battle), necklace of prayer beads (jade), figurine of Jizo, parchment and charcoal, white cowl. Lion tattoo on left arm, Dragon tattoo on left thigh.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2020 4:25 pm 

"Oh. Hello, Togashi-san. My dead grandmother decided to pay me a visit, which led to me having to return her back to Toshigoku."

Mogami's Equipment: Battle: Light Armor, Yumi, Quiver w Flesh Cutter Arrows, Daisho

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2020 7:15 pm 

She looked with dismay at the fallen one, and at the other two samurai. "It... today is truly a tragic day. My condolances you had to face your ancestor, Matsu-sama."

"... Could this mean that the enemy might have infiltrated our ranks within the city?"

Has: Sacred Daisho, Light Armor (battle), necklace of prayer beads (jade), figurine of Jizo, parchment and charcoal, white cowl. Lion tattoo on left arm, Dragon tattoo on left thigh.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2020 7:18 pm 

“Quite possible, as Isawa-San was just telling me, what reason would the gate guards stop someone who looks like a Lion, Dresses like a lion, and likely has travel papers stamped with an Imperial Seal stop someone from entering? The Governor has not yet to my knowledge barred all entry from the city...”

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2020 7:22 pm 

"Perhaps that should be a greater concern than..." she paused, thinking better of bringing up the matter at the Crane embassy now. She shook her head and focused back on the scene here, and what could be done here.

"Do you or your budoka require medical assistance? I have some first-aid supplies with me."

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2020 7:54 pm 

Mogami looks to Tsuruga, who speaks up, his voice rough and speech poor.

“Cut on chest, take a few days to heal. Be fine unless rot sets in”

—————
Tsuruga needs to have 7 wounds healed to be at full, he only heals 4 per day))

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2020 7:59 pm 

"Well, we can't have that, can we? We will need everyone in good fighting shape."

She managed a brief smile, gesturing for Tsuruga to come closer and she began to take out her medicine kit.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2020 8:12 pm 

The budoka gets up from his seiza position, showing a hole in his armor. It looks as though his chest was gouged by a kitchen knife, it has some seepage, but the wound itself it not life threatening.

"Next fight, be farther away."

He nods in his wisdom offered.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2020 8:16 pm 

"Ah, well, that is certainly wise, yes," she nodded in agreement with keeping a distance between oneself and one's enemy.

While the wound wasn't life-threatening, a wound untreated could easily fester and become life-threatening.

"If you could remove your armor, please? It would make it easier for me."

Waiting for the budoka, Tsukimi seemed to have almost a meditative trance to prepare herself, as she focused herself to coax out more of her inner fire.

-------

D8 LM Activating Touch of the Void Dragon (Fire). Meditation/Void TN 15: 5d10o10k3 31

+1 Fire Ring for the timeslot.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2020 8:20 pm 

He did as he was told, wincing a few times as he aggravated the wound. Soon, he sat unarmored and adorned in simple, but clean and well kept clothes.

"Also, ask Matsu-sama before other samurai order us go somewhere."

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2020 9:33 pm 

Tsukimi looked between Tsuruga and Mogami for a moment. "Ah, you're right. My apologies, I will ask next time."

She cleaned the wound of blood first. "May I ask how you came to be in Matsu-sama's service? ... Oh, I forgot to ask your name. I'm Togashi Tsukimi, of the Dragon Clan."

The simple task of tending to a wounded person set her mind at ease from the tragedies she had seen so far today, but it did make her mind slip a little too much as she ended up applying some salve against sore muscles on the wound. Oops. At least it was harmless.

She let the patient speak to help it distract him from the unpleasantness of being tended to, and this time it helped much more.

----------

D8 LM Medicine/Intelligence for Tsuruga. Void for skill. 1 raise for +1k0 healed. TN 20: 5d10o10k4 15

*sigh* Oh, Orokos. Trying again without Void then.

D8 LM Medicine/Intelligence for Tsuruga. Trying again, but untrained this time. TN 15: 4d10 22

(of course)

D8 LM Healing for Tsuruga.: 1d10o10 14

Sheesh. Well, one fixed Budoka. xD

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2020 9:35 pm 

Tsuruga frowns.

"No, meant I ask next time samurai order to do something. Matsu-sama's grandmother took us away from Matsu-sama. It put Matsu-sama in harm."

Tsuruga flinches here and there as the wound is tended.

"My name Tsuruga. Matsu-sama was given me and Fuwa by Akodo-sama. Then Matsu-sama said I be free if I wish. I chose stay by her side."

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2020 9:40 pm 

"Hmmm... I'm certain you acted in good faith, Tsuruga-san," Tsukimi assured the man even if she didn't know the full story, though she could piece it together somewhat now. "It's not wrong to assume others are truthful and honorable, especially one who say they are family."

"It's something that's important to remember in dark times as these; you mustn't stoop to the level of our enemies when they throw away honor and good intentions."

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2020 9:42 pm 

"Wise. You priest too?"

Mogami looks over and watches the conversation for a little while, but does not interject. She just sits there and watches, getting to know more about her men by doing so.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2020 9:46 pm 

"Close enough," she said with a slight smirk, finishing the job with a bandage over the treated area. "As a Togashi, I must try to find wisdom in all - from the wise words of the heimin, to the great works of Akodo-Kami and Shinsei."

She gave an approving nod to her work. It was good to find her center again.

"You should avoid straining your muscles today, if possible. Tomorrow you'll feel sore, but you'll be good to fight again."

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2020 9:49 pm 

Tsuruga taps his chest and quirks his face into a thinking expression.

"Feel good. Could fight now. Just, farther away. Dead Twice Matsu scary when in face."

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2020 10:28 pm 

"Togashi-san. You said today was a day of tragedy. Might I ask what else might have happened?"

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2020 10:57 pm 

"Matsu can be truly terrifying in combat," she agreed with Tsuruga.

As Hachi spoke, her mood fell back to where it had been earlier. "There was a... conflict. At the Crane embassy. The Crane ambassador was cut down, killed on the spot, when attempting to leave the embassy. The Crane responded in kind..." she shook her head. "Foolishness upon foolishness is what it is."

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 125 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next